• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
"Beryl" is intentionally pixellated. For the rest, I should have maybe spent more time rendering the sides. I don't know how to blur it specifically if that's what you mean. I use gimp btw.

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Brace yourself... for the awesomeness:

teaserv.png

Ooh yeah.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021

teaserv.png

Ooh yeah.

After all the wonderful comments you gave me with Iridium many ages ago, I definitely think that this deserves a comment! That is an absolutely awesome screen-shot. It looks very official and I look forward to the progress that you make on whatever that screen-shot is a part of. Great work!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021

teaserv.png

Ooh yeah.
Am I missing something here? Correct me if Im wrong but are you using a certain program or something? Whats so special?

Malachite has been using animations for quite some time now, thats why Im lost....

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
This is an incomplete world for my....Slowly developed game.Im using Soul Silver's starting kit and the HGSS region maps as a base idea....Like i said is incomplete and the only thing thats finished is the island in the south.I do appreciate criticism and tips.

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Am I missing something here? Correct me if Im wrong but are you using a certain program or something? Whats so special?

Malachite has been using animations for quite some time now, thats why Im lost....

Despite my overreaction in the initial post, I still think its an awesome screenshot. The main focus wasn't just the animation, it was the entire battle screen that was converted to DS screen size and to be almost identical to that of Diamond/Pearl (Malachite still uses GBA resolution, doesn't it?).

I never claimed it was anymore awesome than your project; this isn't a competition. Unfortunately I don't have a small army of spriters to assist me ):

@Peeky Chew: That's a really well sprited map, nice work so far. Only design thing I'd suggest is adding a bit more land; the world seems cramped within the top-left corner, and those water routes look absolutely massive; if they are to scale with the actual size of the game routes, I'd imagine it'd take 10 minutes of straight surfing just to reach the island, lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Despite my overreaction in the initial post, I still think its an awesome screenshot. The main focus wasn't just the animation, it was the entire battle screen that was converted to DS screen size and to be almost identical to that of Diamond/Pearl (Malachite still uses GBA resolution, doesn't it?).

I never claimed it was anymore awesome than your project; this isn't a competition. Unfortunately I don't have a small army of spriters to assist me ):
yes indeed it was an overreaction lol I never said the screen was bad I just didnt understand the big deal.

Im not sure where that last part came from....I mean did I ever say that you said yours was better than mine, nope. and I think were in the same boat I dont have a small army of spriters either lmao :P better luck next time.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Lol, excuse my defensiveness PokemonOI; didn't read your tone properly. Malachite does look very impressive, by the way.

You had seven people credited as spriters in the Malachite thread, so I just presumed they were all still working with you. Guess I was wrong xD

Karel_Kazuki

Years
I completed the first side of the region map.I will add details later but for now i just want some criticism.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Peeky Chew: That's a really well sprited map, nice work so far. Only design thing I'd suggest is adding a bit more land; the world seems cramped within the top-left corner, and those water routes look absolutely massive; if they are to scale with the actual size of the game routes, I'd imagine it'd take 10 minutes of straight surfing just to reach the island, lol.
Thank you! The water routes are actually to be travelled on by ferry, not surfing, so it won't take ten minutes.

@Karel_Kazuki: It's way too big to fit in any Pokemon game, you need to shrink it to at least the ds resolution. If it was smaller, however, it would be a pretty good map.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2010
all the stuff i saw here were cool.
but there were some exceptions which i don wanna pickout...

Karel_Kazuki

Years
A@Peeky Chew :I mean to cut it in half becuase theyre two regions.Can You explain to me how to do that however?Its like a game with 16 badges so i mean to only reveal it in a page like form.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
This is part of the second region being completed.i will add more stuff later.Only posting because I didnt have my USB drive at school so I wills ave it later.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
Well, who can guess what game this map is from? Whoever guesses right first earns a cookie ;)
Oh, and it is far from done, but some critisism would be nice :D

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Showing picking up an item and riding the bike in the grass of my Pokemon Red/Blue engine being made in C#. Any notices on it not being pixel-perfect, please let me know (I know the character uses a slightly different palette than anything else).
gbpoke.png

@Alliehj: I have no idea. It however reminds me of a place from Ruby/Sapphire, but I don't remember the name because it's been ages since I played those games. It also makes me think of one of the islands on FireRed/LeafGreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back