• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
Update #1
-Started with Totodile
-Defeated all gym leaders
-Now heading towards Elite 4
PokemonSilver-2.png

PokemonSilver2-2.png

Current Team

Ferligatr.png

Ferligatr lv.56 @ Amulet Coin
-Slash
-Bite
-Ice Punch
-Water Gun

HM Slaves

Psyduck.png

Psyduck lv.20
-Whirlpool
-Surf
-Strength
-Waterfall

Paras.png

Paras lv.5
-Cut
-Flash
-Scratch

Pidgeotto.png

Pidgeotto lv.17
-Tackle
-Gust
-Fly
-Quick Attack

Last edited:

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
All right I'm gonna do another solo run.
Name: infersaime
In-game name: Dash
Game: platinum
pokemon: bidoof -> bibarel

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2012
Ok, here's my update.

I have beet the first six gyms in crystal, with growlithe of course. They were all pretty easy except for Whitney, the third gym leader, it took me a few times to beat her. And i also had a bit of a problem at the fifth gym, I didn't have a strength slave to get trough the last bit of the gym so I had to get my tododile out of the pc and evolve so it could learn strength:

Now Growlithe is Lv42, holding Charcoal, and his moves are:
- Bite
- Take Down
- Ember
- Flame Wheel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New update

I have completed the challenge. I beat the seventh johto gym leader, and Growlithe was on Lv50, it just learned Flamethrower. I gave it a fire stone and it evolved into Arcanine, where it learnt extremespeed. I then beat the final Johto gym leader, then easily beat the elite four, apart from the champion Lance who got me on low health. I then beat the Kanto Gym leaders and by the time I reached end of mt silver Arcanine was Lv81. I gave him the tm fire blast. Red gave me some trouble but I beat him in the end.

So now here is the stats for my favourite Pokemon:

Lv82 Arcanine

Holding: Charcoal

Moves:
- Bite
- Extremespeed
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast

Last edited:
Years
Magby Solo Challenge #1

Here it is my first update:
Spoiler:

Magmar Breakdown:
Spoiler:

oh yeah also ive decided im going all the way thats right ultinate challenge

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
Final Update
-Defeated Elite 4
-Defeated all Gym Leaders in Kanto
-Defeated Red
PokemonSilver3-2.png
PokemonSilver4-2.png
PokemonSilver5-3.png

Final Team

Ferligatr.png

Ferligatr lv.79 @ Amulet Coin
-Earthquake
-Bite
-Ice Punch
-Hydro Pump

HM Slaves

Psyduck.png

Psyduck lv.20
-Whirlpool
-Surf
-Strength
-Waterfall

Paras.png

Paras lv.5
-Cut
-Flash
-Scratch

Pidgeotto.png

Pidgeotto lv.17
-Tackle
-Gust
-Fly
-Quick Attack

Years
Name: Lilienne
In-Game Name: Kiriko
Game Played: Sapphire
Pokemon: Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence
Ultimate: No

Anyway, before I begin, will note using an Emulator and speed boosting, and will hack in a Bagon (probably at level 3-4). That being said, the only thing that will be carried on me are HM slaves (most likely 2, as Salamence will have Fly.)

Updates:
- So far just EV training the Bagon. Lots of Zigzagoons/Poochyenas to go. Hurray! All this before first trainer battle with...the rival, I guess?
- EVs done, battled my way up to Roxanne and destroyed her with level 23 Bagon. Bite spam. Also new HM slave: Zigzagoon
-2nd badge and 3rd badge get; 2nd was easy, Headbutt spam, same for Rival/Wally. 3rd badge was tougher. Supersonic and Thunder Wave was annoying, forced to exhaust Potions. I was hoping to save as many as possible, but life happens. Oh, Bagon -> Shelgon
-Badges 4 and 5 get; Flannery was a pain, specifically Torkoal with Body Slam paralysis/Attract. Norman wasn't a big problem, though. End Day 1 with Shelgon at 43.
-Day 2 GO! Shelgon was stuck at 49 after beating up some silly ol' Aqua Grunts in the Weather Institute, so grindy-grindy in the grass until it hits 50, and evolves. Onto the Rival battle which just got 3x easier now that it's Salamence. Same with Winona, Fly spam/Dragonbreath Altaria. Beat more rockets at the Ghost Tower thing.
-Badges 7 and 8 get. Didn't really see if I could double battle without a second pokemon, so I used an HM slave in place of a second actual battler. Still, not much of a problem with Salamence as Dragonbreath did the job well enough. Oh, before that, beat rival with Fly spam again, 1-hitting everything. Team Aqua was laughably easy to handle in both places, as always. And then the event Kyogre, which I just kind of killed because, you know, who cares in a solo challenge? And then came Wallace, which was easy until Milotic. Spammed potions until it ran out of Ice Beams, and then Dragonbreathed it to death. Onto the Elite Four now. End Day 2, leaving the epic conclusion for Day 3.
-Day 3 the final day. Had to go through Victory Road which was the easiest thing in the world. Now, Elite Four Sydney was just a might bit annoying, as things didn't die in one hit, so I used an extra Fly. Otherwise, no big deal. Same with Phoebe, who got Crunched to death. I got lucky with Glacia. Flamethrower killed Glalies in one hit, and Fly killed the Sealeos as well. Walrein survived one Fly, and I ended up getting really, really lucky when Blizzard missed. Drake was just super easy. Dragonbreath killed everything without trouble. And then came Steven, who was annoying as heck. Especially Claydol, Cradily, Armaldo, who all used freaking Ancientpower. Full Restore and Dragonbreath followed up with Fly was the key to defeating the fossils, and Crunch took care of the Claydol that came before it. Skarmory, Aggron, and Metagross were no match for Flamethrowers, even if Aggron is part Rock. His special defense is non-existent, it seems. So ends my travels in the Hoenn region, with my Salamence clearing the Elite Four alone! Screenshot:

Pokemon_Sapphire4.png

Ending Stats: Salamence level 70 holding Amulet Coin
HP: 220
Attack: 255
Special Attack: 173
Defense: 112
Special Defense: 138
Speed: 194

Techniques:
Flamethrower
Crunch
Fly
Dragonbreath

Bonus!: Also, decided to take it a bit further by also taking down the Trick House. Blue Tent Get!

Last edited:

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Have not updated in quite a while...anyways here goes:
SOULSILVER WITH DONPHAN
Spoiler:

Ignatius the Donphan Lv 83
Earthquake
Rollout
AncientPower
Giga Impact

Last edited:

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Name: dragon456
Game: FireRed
Pokemon: Larvitar (hacked as starter; rival uses Bulbasaur to make it fair)
Ultimate: No thanks.

I IZ SO EXCITED!

Update:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Almost final update on SoulSivler part of ULTIMATE DONPHAN SOLO CHALLENGE
Spoiler:

Ignatius the Donphan lv. 100
-Rock Slide
-Sandstorm (To rid the field of Hail)
-Giga Impact
-Earthquake

(P.S This picture seems appropriate):
Ethan_Donphan.png

Final update for SoulSilver:
Beat Red

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Another One-in-each challenge completed.

On HeartGold, it's Naina the Noctowl!

Name: Jd
Starter: Cyndaquil
Rival: Grant

After the beginning stuff, I caught Naina the Hoothoot on Route 29. Follow the screens if you like.

Johto and Elite Four Screens:
Spoiler:

Kanto and Red Screens:
Spoiler:

Video of battle against Pokemon Trainer Red:
Spoiler:

Team Jd:
Spr_4h_164.png

Naina the Calm Noctowl, ♂ - L100 @ Wacan Berry (poof!)
Ability: Insomnia
Moves: Air Slash, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater
Final Stats: 375/107/136/215/236/184

Last edited:

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
#1 Update

-Hacked Larvitar at lv.5
-Defeated all Gym Leaders
-On my way to Elite 4
PokemonSilver-3.png
PokemonSilver2-3.png
PokemonSilver3-3.png
PokemonSilver4-3.png

PokemonSilver6-2.png
PokemonSilver5-4.png
PokemonSilver7-2.png

My Current Team

Tyranitor.png

Tyranitor Lv.55
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Thrash
-Dig

Chikorita.png

Chikorita Lv.13
-Tackle
-Flash
-Cut
-Razor Leaf

Psyduck.png

Psyduck lv.18
-Surf
-Whirlpool
-Waterfall
-Strength

Pidgeotto.png

Pidgeotto lv.17
-Fly
-Sand Attack
-Tackle
-Quick Attack

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
I've just started a solo run with Mudkip in Ruby Destiny, a hack that takes place in the Gento Region. ^^ My Marshtomp, Glade, is currently at Lvl. 28 and we have one badge. ^^ Do hacks count towards the Ultimate Pokemon solo challenge? (also, I'm Nuzlocking it. If Glade faints, even once, it's game over for me.) My DS is broken, so I don't have a way to play Sinnoh.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
Emerald Solo Run

I completed a Tododile-Croconaw-Feraligatr solo run on ruby (starter hacked in).
At the moment I am doing a torchic-combusken-blaziken solo run on emerald.
Badges: 6
Hm slaves: 3
I will hopefully complete a bagon-shellgon-salamence solo run on ruby, If I can deal with the slow growth rate.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
I'm gonna do a Ultimate run with Pikachu, just for fun =) I'm gonna go Yellow->Crystal->Emerald->Platinum->White.

So, starting off:

Name: Sean/Shauna when I get to be a female.
Pokemon: Whit the Pikachu. He shall never evolve!
Ultimate: yeps! I'm gonna do this old school, too. Starting with Yellow.

Edit: First update! I've given my Pikachu his own blog to chronicle his journey: http://whitthepikachu.tumblr.com/post/21766028593/my-long-exhausting-day

Last edited:

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
Final Update
-Defeated Elite 4
-Defeated Gym Leaders in Kanto
-Defeated Red
PokemonSilver8-2.png
PokemonSilver9-2.png

PokemonSilver12-1.png

PokemonSilver10-2.png
PokemonSilver11-2.png

My Current Team

Tyranitor.png

Tyranitor Lv.78
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Thrash
-Earthquake

Chikorita.png

Chikorita Lv.13
-Tackle
-Flash
-Cut
-Razor Leaf

Psyduck.png

Psyduck lv.18
-Surf
-Whirlpool
-Waterfall
-Strength

Pidgeotto.png

Pidgeotto lv.17
-Fly
-Sand Attack
-Tackle
-Quick Attack

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2020
I'm going through: Firered -> SoulSilver -> Emerald -> Platinum -> Black

Username: ravanson
in-game: Roel
Pokemon: Pinsir

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
Damn, I wish I visited more, I've done literally around a hundred solo runs in my time off, mostly all GSC, but I've done a few others too.

I played FireRed as Nidoking, Yellow as Starmie, and GSC as:

Electabuzz x3
Pidgeot x2
Ampharos
Houndoom
Vaporeon
Fearow
Tyranitar
Steelix
among many many others (Johto is my favorite region, I STILL haven't gotten sick of going left from your hometown into Cherrygrove, hacking my solo run Pokemon, training it to like level 20 with the speed button, beating both of the trainers in Falkner's gym then beating the Sprout Tower BEFORE I defeat Falkner... sooo many times, still fun to me).

Although I'd like to sign up for another one please, this time I will be playing two, but I will do one at a time.

Game: Yellow
Pokemon: Dragonite
-I still havent decided whether or not I will hack a Dragonite or a Dratini, Dratini seems like a dick to train, but I'd love to evolve it personally.

Game: Crystal
Pokemon: Kingdra
-This one will be hacked as a Kingdra, simply because it is trade-evo'd.

Sorry for the double post but:

Current status:

Dragonite yellow solo run.
Just caught a Nite in Viridian Forest, have Pikachu in my last slot at like level 12, will be just using him to be out there for game interactions, I also have a Pidgeotto caught in V Forest cause I don't wanna teach Dragonite Fly.
Dragonite is level 11 and I am about to get to Brock

EDIT - Actually, I wont be signing up for the Yellow playthrough as Dragonite, I havent played Yellow for a while and I'd rather enjoy it in a regular playthrough, though I will go through with the Kingdra one, since I've played GSC a ton and wouldn't bother me to use one Pokemon. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back