• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen What is your 'excuse' to buy BW2?

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Despite Pokemon becoming a pastime for people outside of Japan, from little children to old creepy men, Pokemon is still regarded as a game you shouldn't buy unless you're under the age of 12 or you just lack friends that would normally draw private parts on your face if you ever pass out during a party.

So when the day BW2 comes out in English. Would you become a man with over 9000 testosterone and face the cashier and say, "Can I buy Pokemon White 2?", or will you wear your antisocial hoodie, pull the strings on the hoodie until you look like Kenny from South Park, and confront the cashier with a Post-it on your palm saying "Can I buy that game called Pokemon Black 2?".

I'm interested to hear yours.

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I work in retail, I'm the leisure manager which involves the home entertainment department, so i generally open the boxes of games that are a new release and see if i want them, but if I'm off on the day it comes in i just go to the desk and get it.

Years
In my opinion, the reason Pokemon has a 'kids label' attached to it because of the anime. Nintendo didn't say 'we are going to make a game from this show', they allowed 4kids to create a show from the game that would entertain kids - which doesn't necessarily reflect the content of the game. I can still remember Thunderbolt affecting Ground-types right back to Ash's Pikachu vs Brock's Onyx back in the original series.

If you play the game competitively, you realize that the game mechanics are intricate and complex that (no offence to people who may read this), kids might not understand.

Although in this particular instance I've bought it online as it was cheaper and I've finally got used to online shopping, in previous cases (such as Gen IV) I've happily walked into a shop and as the OP put it, become a man with over 9000 testosterone and bought Pokemon games where the public can recognize me.

JaySawn

Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?
Years
Why should I be ashamed to buy a pokemon game...Tbh it should be a 13 and up , with all the mechanics/strategies...

You really think a 12 and under kid is gonna beat some guys on RM with an un-prepared team? Or rng a shiny , flawless or shiny and flawless poke?

It takes patience , determination and good comprehension to understand rng , it ain't easy

And it takes time to make that battle-team a winner ; with understanding each and every opponent's battle-style/strategy , type advantage/disadvantages , moves to use , and stats to give that upper-edge in battle when you need it most .

Pokemon ain't a kids game , get your facts right or face my groudon's 2094.4 lbs. body!

~ Jay

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Why should I be ashamed to buy a pokemon game...Tbh it should be a 13 and up , with all the mechanics/strategies...

You really think a 12 and under kid is gonna beat some guys on RM with an un-prepared team? Or rng a shiny , flawless or shiny and flawless poke?

It takes patience , determination and good comprehension to understand rng , it ain't easy

And it takes time to make that battle-team a winner ; with understanding each and every opponent's battle-style/strategy , type advantage/disadvantages , moves to use , and stats to give that upper-edge in battle when you need it most .

Pokemon ain't a kids game , get your facts right or face my groudon's 2094.4 lbs. body!

~ Jay

Of course the in depth content of the games were made for older people, but when you put the label Pokemon onto someone (games, TV, movies, clothing with Pikachus on them, cosplayers, trading cards, the fat black man that loves Pokemon, etc), what do you see from it? :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • IL
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I'll just face the cashier like any other normal person and pay up. I don't need an excuse to buy B/W2

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'll go to Best Buy probably and go get the game and take it to the cash register. Then, I will pay with it using my debit card and smile at the cashier before leaving, saying thank you, have a nice day in the process.

Or, same thing at GameStop.

rubin

czytała Krystyna Czubówna
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
Grow up. The only people that think playing Pokemon is something you need to be ashamed of are edgy teenagers, not adults. After reaching a certain age people generally don't care about what you like and buy. I'm a collage student right now, and many people will actually consider it pretty cool that you play such a nostalgic series.

Last edited:

JaySawn

Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?
Years
Of course the in depth content of the games were made for older people, but when you put the label Pokemon onto someone (games, TV, movies, clothing with Pikachus on them, cosplayers, trading cards, the fat black man that loves Pokemon, etc), what do you see from it? :)

A pokemon fan! :D

Highlighted: Ooo...abit racist no? xD j/k

I'm 16 and I don't really care what they put it on , put me in a pikachu costume and I'll wear it to a busy wal-mart and yell..." THIS IS A MAN'S SUIT!"

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Unless I saw someone I knew in the Gamestop I wouldn't care, I'd just quickly walk in find the game and get out. It's not really a big deal playing Pokemon.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Pft. I'm not ashamed to buy Pokemon games. I go straight to the cashier and tell them what I want. There's nothing wrong with it.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Might order it online.

Although really I don't have an excuse, plus why should I be ashamed to a stranger at the cashier which I will most likely never see again in my life? I never see my friends at the GameStop I go to anyways.

Soar

n00b
Years
I would walk into gamestop, and in a loud voice, Say "I'm here for Pokemon Black 2" and proudly wait for my game :D

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm not ashamed that I will buy both Black 2 and White 2 when they are first released. Why would I be if I'm not ashamed to go and buy Pokémon plushies?

Besides, I work on checkouts, we don't really care if a 17 year old comes in and buys a Pokémon game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I work at Toys R Us and have two copies on reserve already XD When they come out I'll just move them behind my register and check them out when my shift ends~

Also majority of the people I've sold the games to are 15+ so I dunno where that Its for Children 12 and under stuff came from XD

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Last time I picked up a pokemon game I got to flurt with the cashier, ended up getting her number lol Maybe it'll happen again?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I grow balls and buy the games like I have for nearly ten years. It's not a big deal. I don't need an excuse or someone to use my money to get it for me. Most people that play Pokemon seem to be older, like Xander mentioned, so...who gives a flip flop?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Someone else will probably buy it for me, but not because I'm ashamed, because it's right around my birthday so I'm going to ask for it instead of anything else. But most likely it'll be my boyfriend who gets it, and I'll be with him. Neither of us have any problem asking for a Pokemon game, and the employees really don't care.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I see everyone I know when I go into town so I'll be doing what I do best; staying at home and ordering stuff from play. n_____n

Back