The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Old December 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Spys
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
Has any of you guys played the maximum amount of playing time in a Pokémon game? I've played Diamond until it was 999:50, and after that, it glitches and wont go any higher, unfortunately. It was amazing. I want to know if Emerald, FR, LG, has the same. If anyone can tell me if they have played the max time in any Pokémon game or what the max time is for those games, that would be great.
Thanks!
~Spys
Old December 24th, 2013, 07:50 AM
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Nature: Calm
I don't get why they would put a max time. They might have not, and the game ran out of memory or your sd card ran out. To answer your question, no.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Member of the Christian Community!
Old December 24th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Nakasu
Golden Time Lover
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Nope. By the time we get to 30 hours we have already 100% the game :3

Pokemon Normal / Anime / Youtube
Old December 24th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Flushed
If you wanted to test it out, you could leave your Gameboy on for a month and a half. Would not recommend though haha. I've never played past around 300 hours, to be honest.
Old December 24th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Spys
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Lax
Ok, thanks alot! I'll take this into consideration.
Old December 28th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Well, I was nowhere near that amount of time since I kept resetting my profile so often. I don't like the idea of playing one game for too long otherwise I'd be a real Pokemon addict which I'm not. I think my maximum was about 100 hours, but not more.
Old December 28th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Blueredemption
Kanto's Castaway

Nature: Careful
I hit 300ish in FR, thats the highest i have ever gotten :p. Since i have gotten into the breeding mechanics and stuff in X-Y il most likely get pretty high in play time. I haven't reached a limit yet though but we'll see.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Fire

[ Kanto (LG) 0/8 ] [ Johto (SS) Mono 0/16 ] [ Hoenn (S) Mono 0/8 ] [ Sinnoh (P) 0/8 ] [ Unova (W2) 0/8 ] [ Kalos (X) 0/8 ]

i can't believe it's been a year already O.o
Old December 28th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Quinn
Shall we get down to business?

Got to 300 in black, but i restart the games so much normally i get 120 before i restart.

X & Y friend code - 1418-6708-9370
Currently working on perfect Iv team- (Diggersby)
Old December 29th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Warrior Rapter
Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest
Man, I must put too much time in my games or something. I'm seeing some of these maximum times that are closer to my minimums!

To answer your question, I think it's based on the memory of the game set aside to track time, and when that runs out, I wouldn't really call it a glitch, more like along the same lines as getting an error message.

Btw, I have 831:50 in Black, and I think I matched the OP in time on Platinum and Pearl.
Old December 30th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I got to around 415 hours in Platinum since that *still* serves as my main game for most intents and purposes. I've logged over 300 hours in Leaf Green because I still have quite a few level 100 Pokemon in there. Also because watching Leaf's animation as she throws Pokeballs still makes me smile

X/Y might surpass both; I'm up to 122 hours now and that's without doing any post-game stuff (still waiting on Bank to open before I tackle any of that, then goes the part where I have to breed everything I want that wasn't available in X/Y before.)

I know my brother was hovering near 860 hours in Diamond at one point - I'm not sure if he ever hit 999:59 in there since that was right before 5th gen debuted.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:03 PM
kirbasaur
Human-Ivasaur hybrid

Nature: Hasty
in pokemon fire red it took over four years but i got to over 700 play time.
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I think I racked up about 200 hours on my White, that's the most time I had for a Pokemon game...so far.

KASEY KAHNE
oral-b usa 500 winner | atlanta, georgia | august 31, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
Old January 16th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Stochastic

Okay, this all sounds crazy to me : ) The max hours I've ever hit in Pokémon was maybe 60? And
I think that was Black. And the maximum of all max hours in any game was about 120.

What's there to do after 100+ hours, anyways?

Old January 16th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I got to 430+ hours in Diamond once before I got bored and restarted (since I had pretty much completed everything except the Battle Tower, which didn't interest me anyway.)
Old January 16th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Altair
Incognito

The longest playing time I've ever had was on my Black Version with over 500 hours! I was into breeding and completing the PokeDex, unfortunately I traded it off thinking I was 'done' with Pokemon and won't return to the franchise...
Old January 16th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Endless
& got to keep looking

I have never reached the maximum playtime, unfortunately. My highest though, would probably have to be 320 hours in Pokémon Ruby. 160 hours is my second highest, which was in Emerald.
Old January 17th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Otter Mii-kun
Molly, you're cute ;)

On my earliest (near-full) playthrough of Yellow, I logged more than 100 hours of play time on that save file, having reached that mark by the time I got to the final gym. Part of the reason it took so long was because I was foolish in spoiling my Pikachu, to the point where it ended up at level 65 by the final gym. However, on Labor Day 2000, that save file got wiped out, and I never could figure out the reason why, as I didn't know of any glitches to exploit at the time.
Old January 17th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Warrior Rapter
Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stochastic View Post
Okay, this all sounds crazy to me : ) The max hours I've ever hit in Pokémon was maybe 60? And
I think that was Black. And the maximum of all max hours in any game was about 120.

What's there to do after 100+ hours, anyways?
That would be where the EV training, breeding, and collecting takes over for most of us. Pretty much those of us with more than that are the competitors and/or 100%-ers, with exceptions of people who continue to play just to play.
Old January 17th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
the longest time I got was in my pokemon Sapphire playthrough 450 hours.
Old January 17th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Frokage
The legendary curse

Oooh yeah, had around 450 on Emerald, but that's the most I have ever gotten. Does the game like refuse continuing on a character with max playtime?

Looking for Pokébank legendaries! Hit me up!
Old January 17th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Stochastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior Rapter View Post
That would be where the EV training, breeding, and collecting takes over for most of us. Pretty much those of us with more than that are the competitors and/or 100%-ers, with exceptions of people who continue to play just to play.
I see. This might sound odd, but I've never had a console to play Pokémon on, I've always played on emulators.
So naturally, after the game's ending, if there was no post-game, there would be nothing to do for me because
there was no one to fight anymore. It gains a whole new aspect when you can play against other people with
the team you trained yourself.

Old January 28th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Wooow, 999? :O My highest was somewhere around 300 in Sapphire, I believe.. many years ago when it had just come out. Don't think I've ever reached anywhere near 900 in any game much less Pokemon.

pair clubs
family twin
my star
Old January 29th, 2014, 01:51 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I had 999:59 in Diamond, and I still wasn't done playing by then. Battle Tower, Underground, Poke Radar... I had a lot to keep me busy. The fact that this was sorta-kinda my first pokemon game and that I didn't get Platinum played into this.
Old January 29th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Brendon McCullum
Making johto anime hack.

Send a message via Skype™ to Brendon McCullum
Mine highest was 733 in Pearl version.
Old January 30th, 2014, 01:12 AM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I've never even come close to the maximum play time in any of the games, but I'm sure if I were to combine my multiple playthroughs of both Sapphire and FireRed, I wouldn't doubt if they had 300+ hours each. I just don't know if I could find enough to occupy my time into playing 999 hours of the same game, but if there were to ever be a 3rd gen remake featuring the Emerald style Battle Frontier, that would be my best bet in getting there.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here