• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
I think i hv completed beta 3.1.

Im able to beat the final sage, found 2 pages,got 1 orb, got a dratini from dustin.

Now miksy91 will u plz tell me
is there any quest in beta 3.1 which i hv missed...?

Thanks in advance :)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I think i hv completed beta 3.1.

Im able to beat the final sage, found 2 pages,got 1 orb, got a dratini from dustin.

Now miksy91 will u plz tell me
is there any quest in beta 3.1 which i hv missed...?

Thanks in advance :)
1. There are still two more pages to be found.
2. Neal's team has improved (along with the whole Grand Tower but not until the next release) if you go through Grand Tower challenge again.
3. Sounds like you managed to beat Dustin's Carp. How about Flounder? Or Piranha ;) ?

There may be some other things you can do as well (like enter the Big Shoe) and such. Explore more if you want to achieve everything you can possibly achieve in beta 3, or just wait for me to finish the next release first (you'll eventually have to start over from the beginning, yet things will be quite a lot different at the same time).

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
Where to find those 2 pages? Any hint?

I managed to beat flounder also bt pirhana is too tough for my magikarp

miksy91

Years
Where to find those 2 pages? Any hint?

I managed to beat flounder also bt pirhana is too tough for my magikarp
One is easy, but the other one is very tricky to obtain.

Hint:
Page #1: Re-explore areas where there is water.
Page #2. You need a certain Key to obtain this one.

Also, I feel like I should have something better to say than to answer to questions here but nope.
I probably won't post any updates in a while until I've gotten things in such condition that I can almost start tracking for possible bugs in the releasable version so it may take a while. New screenshots may come in the meantime though.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
Yeah i find them bt still 2 pages to get

1st page I got frm a house

2nd page I got frm a man who was training somewhere

from these page vaporeon nd joltion came

bt now im unable to find 2 pages more. I almost played for 2 hours to get these 2 pages bt failed :(

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
Hey Misky! Can you give me the version pokemon Dark Energy beta that we started journey at Sunshine city? I thought this was a good hack but i cant find that version anywhere. And i have a question for you: I traded my Graveler for Octillery but i forgot to take my EXP. Share from Graveler. Could i do anything to get my EXP.Share back?

miksy91

Years
Yeah i find them bt still 2 pages to get

1st page I got frm a house

2nd page I got frm a man who was training somewhere

from these page vaporeon nd joltion came

bt now im unable to find 2 pages more. I almost played for 2 hours to get these 2 pages bt failed :(
Sounds like you've already hit 3 pages instead of 2..
Well anyway, you can probably find the page you're looking for in the locked house in Western Lake.

Spoiler:

Hey Misky! Can you give me the version pokemon Dark Energy beta that we started journey at Sunshine city? I thought this was a good hack but i cant find that version anywhere.
First result by google search: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=205244 ;)

Of course, "dark future" is the name of that old beta you would have been looking for.

And i have a question for you: I traded my Graveler for Octillery but i forgot to take my EXP. Share from Graveler. Could i do anything to get my EXP.Share back?
Unfortunately, no, you can't get Exp. Share back unless you modify the save file / memory of course.

This actually gave me an idea; I'll make it so you're somehow warned by the NPC you can trade with that your pokemon is holding an item and ask whether you'd like to trade with him/her or not.

Anyways, if you're using an emulator (like VBA) to play the hack, you can easily get that Exp. Share back.

1) Open "Memory Viewer" under "Tools" category.
2) Input "D5B8" in that box you see there and click "Go".
3) Change the value (two-digit hexadecimal value) in the top-left part of the screen that Memory Viewer shows to "39".

Now, the first item in your item pocket has changed from whatever it was before to Exp. Share (and amount of those items won't decrease).

Years
I'm really enjoying this hack, I'm not super far but it's a really well made hack. For the first time (bar gen 1 & 2) I'm actually going around talking to everyone just too see what they all have to say, and I'm actually rewarded for it. I LOVE IT!!

Anyways, thanks for all your work and effort on this game I can't express how thankful I am :)

miksy91

Years
wow ! beta 4 will be released this june ?:D
yeah i can't wait XD
Yeah, well it will come in time :)
Probably in June like I said earlier.

But I'm no way pushing myself to finish it or anything, so it was kinda stupid leaking out possible times I could release the next beta in the first place.

I'm really enjoying this hack, I'm not super far but it's a really well made hack. For the first time (bar gen 1 & 2) I'm actually going around talking to everyone just too see what they all have to say, and I'm actually rewarded for it. I LOVE IT!!

Anyways, thanks for all your work and effort on this game I can't express how thankful I am :)
Thank you!
And you know what, I also respect you for paying attention to what's going on. I didn't take time building all the events for random places without a reason you know :)

Also if you're interested, some people may have different dialogues (and scripts) depending on the situation when you approach them. This is mostly (somewhat) noticeable though.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
I am thoroughly enjoying this hack and the uniqueness of the story.
Though I would like to know if the squirtle that is met just outside of Little Stone, is that a one time event or is it possible to get squirtle later?

miksy91

Years
I am thoroughly enjoying this hack and the uniqueness of the story.
Though I would like to know if the squirtle that is met just outside of Little Stone, is that a one time event or is it possible to get squirtle later?
If you'd have somehow managed to lost the battle, you could have encountered Squirtle there again, but it's natural to script the events so that it doesn't matter whether you catch/defeat the encountered pokemon, so no, you can't encounter Squirtle again.

Thanks though :)

Update post of "what's going on";

-Many new sprites (new pokemon overworld sprites mostly) have been added to the hack, thanks to Blue Emerald for creating them
-The counting algorithms used for Battle Room BP gaining didn't quite work, so I just spent a two hours fixing things up.
-And beside that, I've been doing a bit of adjusting with several events that were already implemented in beta 3.

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Here's a video of a new intro sequence in Dark Energy.

(Interesting stuff starts at 1:04, but before it, there's some background information so you might wanna watch that too.)

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Here's a video of a new intro sequence in Dark Energy.

(Interesting stuff starts at 1:04, but before it, there's some background information so you might wanna watch that too.)

O.o

A cutscene not involving the protagonist before the game starts!

Spoiler:

I think that's a first for a 2nd generation hack!

And I like the new sprite for Team Darkness grunts!

miksy91

Years
O.o

A cutscene not involving the protagonist before the game starts!

Spoiler:

I think that's a first for a 2nd generation hack!

And I like the new sprite for Team Darkness grunts!
The tricky part wasn't actually that but making it so this house works as the starting place, but you'll still end up in your room ("2nd map") when losing a battle before visiting any PC out there. But, the general idea behind this thing is practically the same as the one for Team Darkness cutscene you wrote about back then.

And I find the sprites for Team Darkness members neat too. Captain is still unchanged though, but I may want to leave him like that actually. It is done by Poketto(-Monsuta) btw so credits to him.

But hey, thanks for the comment! :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
Atlast I hv got all the pages nd got 3 calciums,3 carbos nd 3 protiens thats all.

And 1 qs again

there is a jin in capital. There i cant talk to him he always says "dont bug me new boy im training"

now the qs is there any prob with jin?

miksy91

Years
there is a jin in capital. There i cant talk to him he always says "dont bug me new boy im training"

now the qs is there any prob with jin?
No, that's the way I've intended it to work.
Jin has a certain role in the development of the story, but that will be later in the game, and until then, he keeps "sending" you out like that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2015
Game sounds awesome downloading now. One question is Espeon still obtained the same way e.g. max happiness and if its different how do you get it?

miksy91

Years
Game sounds awesome downloading now. One question is Espeon still obtained the same way e.g. max happiness and if its different how do you get it?
It works the same way as originally (since there is really no need changing that to anything else).

Anyways,
Spoiler:

By the way, I've gotten more stuff done lately, and soon, I should have all the in-game areas finished (even the ones related to all kinds of sidequests). Apart from that, there are some other things that have to be done before beta-testing the hack, and before I can release beta 4.0.
Also, I was planning to make beta 4.0 even "better" than it's going to be, but it's going to take some time, so I'll just release an "update" later on which really won't make the hack that much different (and doesn't involve any more gameplay than 4.0 does either).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2015
Excellent, also when the new beta does come out will I need to patch a clean copy of silver or can I just patch over 3.1, also regardless of that will I be able to use my saves from 3.1 or will I have to start over?

Back