• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Looks Awsome Chrunch:)
I Gonna download and play this awsome pokemon hack today:)
Good work and i wish you good luck with beta 2:)

PokeEpicStudios

EpicStudios
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
Just Finished the Beta Great and also here is my team
Name - Flame
Badges - 2
Gator the Croconaw Lv. 20
Heatnado the Expleetle Lv. 21
Jay the Twejay Lv. 22

Hey what is the Evolution of Twejay? and at what level?

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Finally got through the game. It's pretty fun overall, I found the level curve around the forest and the first gym a bit cruel. That damn Kangrish is a monster!

The maps are pretty good as well, I like the tiles and the organic feel, there are a few errors with tiles here and there but it's not really noticeable. There were a few in the first town's port.

I'd also change the grass animation, this can be done easily in NSE 2.0 (just look under the bookmarks), then I'd just change the colours until they match your grass.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
My favourite thing about your hack is the tiles and the fact you used Johto starters, Cyndaquil is my all-tme favourite starter so I'm glad I can get him!

I also love Twejay, can't wait to see the evolutions =)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I had a good time playing the beta. I liked most of the Fakemon you inserted, particularly the Larfuse family (Who knew the generic starting bug could be so useful?). There were a few points where the difficulty ramped up which was fun though those parts always seemed to revolve around Murkrows, but I guess my team was just badly formulated to deal with dat smooth n stylin crow.

Anyway, I was looking out for bugs/ oddities and have a few to report:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Hahas, I'm already enjoying the game. I just walked out of the house and randomly clicked "Z" on the
Spoiler:
and I received a berry.
That was actually intentional. Just a hidden item. Thanks. :)
Just Finished the Beta Great and also here is my team
Name - Flame
Badges - 2
Gator the Croconaw Lv. 20
Heatnado the Expleetle Lv. 21
Jay the Twejay Lv. 22

Hey what is the Evolution of Twejay? and at what level?
Twejay evolves into Ribbing at level 24. Nice team, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Finally got through the game. It's pretty fun overall, I found the level curve around the forest and the first gym a bit cruel. That damn Kangrish is a monster!

The maps are pretty good as well, I like the tiles and the organic feel, there are a few errors with tiles here and there but it's not really noticeable. There were a few in the first town's port.

I'd also change the grass animation, this can be done easily in NSE 2.0 (just look under the bookmarks), then I'd just change the colours until they match your grass.
Thanks! The game is a bit difficult but I prefer it that way. I think that GYM leaders should actually be a challenge. I'll make sure to do that!
Players mom floats instead of walking in the first scene of the game

No other bugs so far
I am aware of this. It's just because FR has no walking frames for the mom, this will be eventually fixed.
I had a good time playing the beta. I liked most of the Fakemon you inserted, particularly the Larfuse family (Who knew the generic starting bug could be so useful?). There were a few points where the difficulty ramped up which was fun though those parts always seemed to revolve around Murkrows, but I guess my team was just badly formulated to deal with dat smooth n stylin crow.

Anyway, I was looking out for bugs/ oddities and have a few to report:

Spoiler:
Thanks for all the bugs! Most of these should be fixed next beta. Murkrow is probably a bit overpowered for the early game, I don't think it's much of a problem though as only one or two trainers have it. I also fixed the freezing problem in the forest, it's only that tile and below it that will make you freeze, so for everyone else you can just avoid those tiles.

-----------------------------------

I've been doing a lot of work since the beta released and I've decided on a tentative release date for beta 2. It will be 4 GYMs long and it will feature a lot of new content, most importantly containing a major storyline event. It might take longer or less time but I'm going to aim for December 25 for a release.

As for progress, I have currently mapped and partially scripted up to Slate City:
vL5A0gJ.png
0m46oXA.png
1T4tB4s.png

I won't give out too many details yet, but it is a medium sized city and home to the fourth Gym, and also an important city in the game, with many events and sidequests.

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys the update! Leave feedback and let me know what you think of the new city.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
@up, can't you read?
"Twejay evolves into Ribbing at level 24. Nice team, glad you enjoyed it! :)"

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
It doesn't evolve into anything else. It's like the Spearow or Taillow lines.

Some more updates:
fWQEsBM.png

A new area in the game, which will be in beta 2. Let me know what you think of the tiles! :)
eiaF2rX.png

A new feature from X/Y, TM/HM Pokeballs are now gold colored.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Just tried the beta. It looks great.
But how far does this 1st beta go?

The beta ends with two gyms. ;)

BTW
Spoiler:

Heres the real thing :
Spoiler:

Just one thing
Spoiler:

Last edited:

PokeEpicStudios

EpicStudios
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
It doesn't evolve into anything else. It's like the Spearow or Taillow lines.

Some more updates:
fWQEsBM.png

A new area in the game, which will be in beta 2. Let me know what you think of the tiles! :)
eiaF2rX.png

A new feature from X/Y, TM/HM Pokeballs are now gold colored.

I thought Twejay's evolution would be Grass/Flying cause it is a Bird and Twe sounds like Tree. But ok I'm cool with that

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
First of all, great hack! I've finished it and I'm glad that there's new hack with fakemon. I love Twejay's and Expleetle's sprite, but Kelprawn is.. Uhm.. A litlle.. Ugly. But it's fakemon and I want to train him (my plan is to complete game only by fakemons!). So I would be very grateful if you could write list of all fakemon you can catch/obtain in beta 1 and also their evolution line. :D
And here's my team!
Ribbing - 24 lvl
Expleetle - 18 lvl
Luxio - 18 lvl
Combee (f) - 18 lvl
Kelprawn - 15 lvl
Quilava - 14 lvl
I'm looking forward to next beta!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
The beta ends with two gyms. ;)

BTW
Spoiler:

Heres the real thing :
Spoiler:

Just one thing
Spoiler:
Thanks! I would change the hero but it's a lot of work for now. If I were to add a new hero, I'd need a hero sprite, hero backsprite, running/fishing/surfing/biking overworlds, and that's not including the female hero. This will get done eventually though.

I thought Twejay's evolution would be Grass/Flying cause it is a Bird and Twe sounds like Tree. But ok I'm cool with that
The Twejay line is actually based on a greenjay. No relation with trees. :)
First of all, great hack! I've finished it and I'm glad that there's new hack with fakemon. I love Twejay's and Expleetle's sprite, but Kelprawn is.. Uhm.. A litlle.. Ugly. But it's fakemon and I want to train him (my plan is to complete game only by fakemons!). So I would be very grateful if you could write list of all fakemon you can catch/obtain in beta 1 and also their evolution line. :D
And here's my team!
Ribbing - 24 lvl
Expleetle - 18 lvl
Luxio - 18 lvl
Combee (f) - 18 lvl
Kelprawn - 15 lvl
Quilava - 14 lvl
I'm looking forward to next beta!
Thanks for the feedback! I know Kelprawn isn't exactly the same quality as the other fakemon, it was made by a different artist and it wasn't originally made for cyan, unlike the others. As for fakemon there are only 7 available to catch in beta 1, which you've got all of them.
Twejay>>Ribbing
Larfuse>>Coboom>>Expleetle
Kelprawn>>Sealob
There will be a lot more in beta 2 though, glad you enjoyed it! :)

PokeEpicStudios

EpicStudios
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
I got a Croconaw a water-type
I got a Expleetle a fire and bug-type
I got a Ribbing a normal and flying-type
Need a Grass-Type, Electric-Type, and a Ghost-Type or Fairy-Type
So chrunch do you have good ideas for which pokemon I should do for the Grass, Electric, and Ghost-type pokemon for my team

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
Thanks for answer. After two hours of grinding my Kelprawn has evolved into Sealob and 11bayerf1 is right - Sealob's sprite is much better! ^^ Also my Combee evolved and I catch Pachirisu. :D So gameplay is still alive for me, even that I can't get any further. I hope that next beta will be released in the end of (of course, sooner=better :D) this year, so I will be able to play it on holidays! :D

Tyroz

In tenebris est et in nobis.
Years
Thanks for the feedback!

I have to say, I love your game. Absolutely and Irrevocably. I am trying to work on a hack, and I was wondering if I could PM you to talk to about it. But I started just a bit ago, and I love it! Although I do have to say, the Sandshrew on the second area is really strong for a normal trainer (like me), who just train and look for random battles sometimes. My Cyndaquil and Tweejay were decimated by his rollout in on hit from each. Tweejay was level 9 and Cyndaquil was level 10. ANyway. Please keep up the amazing work and I look forward to the next update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back