• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Argentite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
Wasn't aware that was disallowed; shan't do it again.

route501.png

Bridges.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Getting better and better Afti. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see all the tiles and maps revamped soon. ^__^

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
Years
These look loads better than your original ones, I'd just like to know if you are replacing the grass, trees and path tiles, as they really look out of place.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I like your plot and the fact that is is going to be a more difficult game, BUT being more difficult shouldn't mean you have to grind a really long time before you can beat the gyms etc.

you should really replace your grass tiles, I really don't like the color of it.

Keep up the good work

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
route531.png

Route 53. Woo. Also, worth noting that I got off my butt and implemented Heat Wave/Rock Climb today.

magmilespr.png

despotilespr.png

Medical got around to doing Magmile/Despotile.

Incidentally, I find it kind of depressing that nobody cares about this. If you do, post. If you think it sucks, tell me that so I can know to stop wasting my time.

EDIT: Also, either way, rate it. Two Three individuals does not an average of forumgoers make.

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Well I must say every time you show an update I see you improve each time and it pleases me.
The mapping could be improved slightly such as the grass in that shot there could maybe spread out other than being sort of square shape.
The sprite design is good and doesn't appear to have anything wrong with it(from what I can see).

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
magmilespr.png

despotilespr.png

Medical got around to doing Magmile/Despotile.

Incidentally, I find it kind of depressing that nobody cares about this. If you do, post. If you think it sucks, tell me that so I can know to stop wasting my time.

EDIT: Also, either way, rate it. Two Three individuals does not an average of forumgoers make.

Oh wow those are great sprites. Props to MM. The fire starters, yeah?

I really like where you're going with this. Don't let the "I don't like x tile" comments discourage you; people 'round here (besides me ;D) only care about appearance, but if you keep working on it and appease them with eyecandy they'll start to love you.

Your storyline is very interesting despite involving Team Rocket (which is usually a turnoff for me); I hope you've got it planned and can pull it off well. :3

One problem I have is with the colossal size of your proposed fakedex; you're from Acanthite, aren't you? Well. I'd say not to rush the whole fakemon thing. MM's a great spriter with several preexisting lines that you could probably use if you asked her. I was in a game that folded because we were trying to complete the entire dex before starting on the maps. Don't worry too much about finishing it; just let it grow organically, starting at the beginning and adding lines as you think of them. Fakedexes are collaborations between the developer and the spriter, not the spriter doing everything the developer tells them to do.

Keep working!~

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
Yeah, fire starters. Best described as "giant magma-spewing beaked reptiles with soft, fuzzy tails". (It makes sense in context; the tails build up the heat of friction for powerful fire attacks)

Wait, how'd you figure out Team Rocket is involved?

I have Aleya roughly half-mapped. Don't worry about that; considering the colossal size of the region, that means that I have an area roughly as large as Johto mapped out.

The fakedex is subject to change, but I actually have a document full of ecological niches that each line needs to fill, so I can't simply use existing lines. Already looked at those. Mind you, MM has plenty of freedom; most of the lines there can be replaced by something else as long as it does roughly the same job in its ecosystem.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Yeah, fire starters. Best described as "giant magma-spewing beaked reptiles with soft, fuzzy tails". (It makes sense in context; the tails build up the heat of friction for powerful fire attacks)

Wait, how'd you figure out Team Rocket is involved?

I have Aleya roughly half-mapped. Don't worry about that; considering the colossal size of the region, that means that I have an area roughly as large as Johto mapped out.

The fakedex is subject to change, but I actually have a document full of ecological niches that each line needs to fill, so I can't simply use existing lines. Already looked at those. Mind you, MM has plenty of freedom; most of the lines there can be replaced by something else as long as it does roughly the same job in its ecosystem.

Kinda like Mareep and static, right? That's interesting. I thought that was fire actually.

...Oh, wait, I must have been confusing this with Acanthite. ^^; Lucky guess on my part I suppose, although with Pokemon fangames you can't throw a stone without hitting something featuring Team Rocket, so it's not that much of a guess. |D I trust you know how it ends? That's actually something that surprisingly few developers think about, and it ends up being a pretty big deal: Pokemon games aren't just sandboxes, there's a storyline with a beginning, middle, and end; some developers just focus on the beginning with no regard for what happens after. Strange but true.

That's pretty clever, although I'm not sure that level of attention to detail is necessary if you're thinking about it from a player's perspective. I mean, sure it would be neat to see functioning ecosystems, but the player just wants a variety of Pokemon to battle. So you don't need to be TOO choosy about which Pokemon you include as long as they're well-thought-out and keep the game balanced.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
Sort of like that.

I have a functional plot mapped out, yes. With an ending and everything!

The player won't even notice the ecological balance; I'm just doing it to characterize the world. Same reason I have a document on the history of Rosvale City that won't appear ingame, beyond one passing mention of George Rosvale.

fortbay5.png

New trees. Just need to replace the water and tall grass now.

Last edited:

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
sinjoh.png

Aleya is directly north of Johto/Kanto; this is the Sinjoh Ruins, which are through a tunnel on Route 53. Fair warning, though; while you'll be able to get here early on, anything beyond the ruins' presence will be postgame content, since rampaging around with a Dialga at the fourth Gym (actually, Palkia would handle Ferrus better, but I digress...) is a no-go.

Furthermore, even as postgame content, there's a good chance you'll only see the inside of the ruins in a post-release event. The intended function of this place is impressive, showy, and not very high-priority; there are several scheduled postgame dungeons (like the Sinjoh Ruins; it's not a one-room area in Argentite) with non-native legendaries. All of these haven't been started yet, and won't be until the main quest is complete; any that aren't done on release will simply be sealed off and reserved for DLC.

So, this? You'll see it; you probably won't be going into it until well after the game is released.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
First of all, Fishquake, makes me laugh everytime i say it hehe... second, personally, im not too sure about the colouring of your tilesets, too saturated i think, the red is RED, the blue is BLUE, just dim it down.

Think this project is gettin quite well thought out, i think i mite keep my eye on this :)

the mapping is progressing well and one of the newer maps you made, (not sure which!) i think is quite impressive on how it looks, given events and such will make it look better obviously, just keep in mind, although you are flying through map making, eventing makes the game much more stressful, and maybe, in stead of updating every hour of every day, take a day or 2, to relax and refresh your head, it lets the game keep its edge, and you won't get tired and bored of the game yourself...

Other than that, good work in my opinion.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
Fishquake is supposed to be a silly-sounding name; it's an evolution of Whiscash. Can't out-silly Whiscash, but I can try.

I'm eventing as I install the new trees, actually. Mostly done with that, so most of the current maps are evented.

I'm not getting exhausted; if I were, I would do something about that.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Nice to see the thread's up & runnin'. (And sorry I haven't e-mailed ya in a while, Crazy - I've been somewhat distracted lately.)

I probably know the most about this game out of anyone here, heh. No, I ain't saying anything. :P Although the story seems slightly different than the one you gave me before - Czarsatz & the Professor are still in it, but......well, I'll stop there.

Did you do those tiles? Impressive.

Last edited:

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
Yeah, the version you know is very very early. Several elements are completely removed, and the plot is streamlined significantly. Trimmed the fat, replaced it with more focus on the nature of Czarsatz' consciousness.

I ripped the HGSS stuff, yes.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Your tiles and mapping has improved but still needs work, maps like windrock are a bit empty, try adding less houses and more trees or bushes

Rexo

Rexo
Years
Looks pretty good, only I definitely hate the grass tile. Good luck with the game, I'm looking forward to the release. See ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back