• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Mystery Dungeon: The Grand Expedition (T/OOC)

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Question: I know that you said moves up to level 15, but I was wondering if there could be a little leeway regarding learning Psybeam seeing as how a) the level it occurs is at 17 and b) it is a starting move in Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon for Fennekin.

Usually I don't think this would be allowed. However considering the fact that canon to PSMD, Fennekin has psybeam as a starting move and since it's only 2 levels higher than the limit... AND since you took the initiative to ask the GMs beforehand... I feel like this could be allowed as a special case. So go ahead. I look forward to seeing your SU.~

Oddball's "Gosu the Ghastly" is an interesting character. I love the idea of the amnesiac finding his way to the guild. The only issue is that the SU is a bit short... it'll need to be extended slightly but once it is you can consider yourself accepted!

Hexoc's "Hexoc the Duskull" is accepted, on the condition that his black skull mask be reverted back to white. The scratches can remain, however, alternate colours apart from shiny form are disallowed apart from the most specific of circumstances. Your character has an excellent backstory and it's always nice to have a few player created antagonists! With this considered and addressed... then your character is Accepted!

LinearAxel's "Tahni the Litleo" character is Accepted! A fiery young pokémon with bigger dreams than her home allowed her to follow. I really like this character!

Frozen Heart's "Terra the Cubone" character is Accepted! Terra seems adorable and I'm in love with her personality and the slight alteration to her appearance.

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
Years
Easily done regarding the skull mask. I got into the zone writing Hexoc, so I don't remember the exact reason for a black skull mask, probably some form of intimidation or speciality due to heritage that I never specified. But eh, the scratches alone is still fine, allows for the events I have planned for Hexoc to still occur.

And if you like having Black Night, then I would say be excited for the ideas I have in mind regarding not only them, but Walter the Gallade. I have Walter's arc within Hexoc's story thought out, based on one of my favorite characters from a video game.

All of these plans are likely to change based on the RP, can't be inflexible in something like this, but the basics should remain.

Last edited:

Jay

Years
Easily done regarding the skull mask. I got into the zone writing Hexoc, so I don't remember the exact reason for a black skull mask, probably some form of intimidation or speciality due to heritage that I never specified. But eh, the scratches alone is still fine, allows for the events I have planned for Hexoc to still occur.

And if you like having Black Night, then I would say be excited for the ideas I have in mind regarding not only them, but Walter the Gallade. I have Walter's arc within Hexoc's story thought out, based on one of my favorite characters from a video game.

All of these plans are likely to change based on the RP, can't be inflexible in something like this, but the basics should remain.

Ahh, I look forward to seeing the developments that occur. I like Hexoc's character and the stuff involving Walter and Black Night should be interesting. My own character from the beginning I had planned to be a Kirlia who evolves into a Gallade. So it would be interesting to see interactions there, depending on where the story is when Walters introduced would also change my characters reaction depending on what stage of evolution they have reached. All in all it's looking good and you can consider Hexoc to be officially Accepted!

(For those of you wondering, rightfully so, how my character can be a Kirlia if all characters need to be be considered to be level 15 or below. My character is a bit of a special case, consider him an older mentor to the other characters and if you need an idea of what your character should be doing, then you can consider mine to be on the right track.~)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
(For those of you wondering, rightfully so, how my character can be a Kirlia if all characters need to be be considered to be level 15 or below. My character is a bit of a special case, consider him an older mentor to the other characters and if you need an idea of what your character should be doing, then you can consider mine to be on the right track.~)

So, GM reasons. Got it. :3

Years

tumblr_mkal4gqwWT1s7isxpo1_500.jpg

Russell

Species:
Golett

Time Spent at the Guild:
42 days

Appearance:
He appears to be a normal Golett, although his armor is subtly a lighter blue than average.

History:
Russell (Rusty to his friends) was introduced to the Haven Exploration Guild not as a potential recruit, but as a troublemaker being brought to justice. Though he claims that he never caused any trouble, he was responsible for three incidents of destruction of public property, caused by getting in fights with other Pokemon. Whether he intended to or not, his actions still resulted in disturbing the peace and destroying city landmarks. As he was being brought in, a couple unruly gang members tried to break out their leader, and Russell assisted in subduing them. Realizing that he was likely to keep fighting actual troublemakers, his sentence was suspended and he was put on probation and allowed to join the Guild.

Personality:
Loud, excitable, and proud of his strength, Rusty's a friendly and jolly guy who doesn't like to take things seriously. Although he can enjoy himself in almost any situation, he especially enjoys getting into fights, where the adrenaline is pumping and he can really show off his strength.

He doesn't go around looking for fights (not very often, anyway), but Plan A usually involves punching something, and he'll enthusiastically let people know that. He'll back off if a better solution presents itself, but his low intelligence and short temper mean he can get frustrated easily.

Surprisingly, he tends to be kind of low key whenever he's by himself. Working out, taking a nap, or (trying to) build things; he enjoys relaxing as much as he enjoys the action of work or play. He has a hidden soft side, which he denies out of embarrassment if someone brings it up.

Moveset:
Pound, Astonish, Defence Curl, Mud-Slap, Rollout, Shadow Punch

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
done with my SU! I made my character shiny as I feel that will be a main driving force in dictating who he is.

Jay

Years
Varys' "King the Tyrunt" character. Ah, the first shiny SU of the RP and quite a good one at that. I wonder what will develop from a member of Tyrunt nobility running away from home. Accepted!

I really like what you have so far, the idea of an excitable pokémon being branded a troublemaker, but being given a chance to prove everyone wrong by working for the guild is a very appealing concept to me. However as I said to Oddball earlier it's a little bit on the shorter side. Add a little bit more detail to personality and you'll be quickly accepted.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

250px-431Glameow.png

Belle

Species:
Glameow

Time Spent at the Guild:
Six Months

Appearance:
A considerably more mature Glameow, she stands at 1'11", while most younger Glameow stands at 1'08". She also wears a small blue bow that is tied on the base of her tail.

History:
Belle grew up in a friendly, yet according to her, boring society. She grew up in a family of three: her mother, her father, and her younger brother. Scavenging and exploring was in Belle's blood - her family was from generations of such activities. It was the only way for her family to gain the fortune they own today.

Her father, taught Belle how to be strong, while her mother stayed at home to care for Eve's younger brother. Her father would usually take her to the nearby woodlands to explore some unknown things, in an effort to teach her the joys of exploration. Other times, her father performed practice rounds with Belle to teach her how to fend for herself in the art of combat. However, Eve often sought the "easy way out" of her duties, which of course, according to her father, was quite foolish.

As Belle grew older, she, according to her family, became old enough to work under hire. She had no choice to comply, even after refusal. Even after job after job, her excitement was still not fulfilled. That was until after she listened to the playing of a ocarina that belonged to a seemingly young Skitty, seeming to be Belle's age. Belle complimented on the young Pokémon's playing, as the Skitty introduced herself to be Casey.

The two started becoming friends after a long chat, and as the months went by, the two started growing closer and closer... perhaps even as soulmates. The two sang songs, did jobs together, as well as explore dungeons. However, like many things, the good times did not last long.

One day, as they were exploring a dungeon, they were encountered by a group of Houndour, seeming to be bandits of sorts. Looking to not be much of a challenge, Belle and Casey worked together to battle against the group, and even despite their number disadvantage, they were doing quite well too. Soon however, there was a flash of light, followed up with a strange purple-looking pokemon to be the center of it all. Belle and Casey couldn't stand up to the light, as they were quickly overpowered.

Left with no options, Casey quickly told Belle to escape while she could, as Casey charged up for her most powerful attack: Solar Beam. Belle called out for Casey, as the light grew stronger and stronger, engulfing the small clearing. Belle woke up, to find that no one, including Casey as there, as she only saw the small blue bow that Casey always wore. Belle stumbled back on her feet and approached it. She looked down to the bow and cried for her friend.

The next day, Belle came to a realization. Casey was still out there somewhere, and it was up to her to find her. Chances are, that strange group got a hold of her friend, as her only lead now was to find this group. She left home to join a guild, and hopefully find some answers in town, wearing the blue bow on the base of her tail, reminding her to never give up on the search.

Personality:
She is a slightly odd individual. She is talkative, and is prone to teasing and melodramatic complaining, which easily grates on the nerves of others. She's also kind, hardly ever showing anger to anyone but her enemies, and he serves to try and maintain a lighthearted atmosphere in the group when things get tense.

She does, however, display occasional flirting with any 'attractive' pokemon she comes across (male and female), cracking jokes with innuendo and lightly flirting with the kids of the group, as well as with several other Pokémon she come across on her journeys.

She also complains about various things, her age being the most prominent, as she frequently claims that she is too old to be doing the things she does despite her not actually being very old. She is also highly intolerant of cold weather and does well in heat. Basically, she lives life in a very dispassionate, detached manner. Despite her blase characteristics, she often maintains an odd air of astuteness that makes one believe she is a much more complicated Pokémon than she lets on.

She acts like an older sister and a mother figure for her fellow guildmates, or other young Pokémon she meets, giving them advice here and there anytime they need it, or if they just need a ear to talk to, she'll always be there for them.

In combat, she prefers swiftness, and the ability to try and outsmart her opponents. She can do whatever it takes to win - even taunt her opponents into making a fatal opening for her to capitalize on. Thus, time and time again, she proves herself to not only be sly, but to be quite strong.

Moveset:
Fake Out | Scratch | Hypnosis | Bite | Growl

Last edited:

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
Just a quick question as I write my SU, are abilities of any importance, or are they in the rp at all?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
I shall redeem myself from the lack of posts in Explorers of Haven!

Mwahahaha!

*ahem* Can I go as a standalone Pokemon? (as in it has no evolutions)
'cause I feel like bringing this gal back into an RP to actually use her.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
_pokemon__elly_the_espurr_fifty_percent_by_arylett_charnoa-d9r51fp.png

Elly

Pokémon Species: Espurr

Time Spent at the Guild: 5 months.

Appearance: She wears a red flower on her head and has longer and fluffier fur. Other than that, she appears to be a regular Espurr.

History: Born to two highly traditional Meowstics, Elly was taught for much of her childhood that stoicism was vital to controlling the dangerous Psychic powers that the line controlled. They were always calm and perfectly logical about everything, like a pair of robots. And growing up, Elly was too. She had been taught advanced techniques of stoicism and mastered them well. Her control of her psychic abilities was quite impressive.

Unfortunately, this began to change over time as her mind developed and she saw more of how the world around her operated. Often times, she would see her parents asked for the aid of their psychic powers, and experience them turn down these offers. This is because they didn't want to get themselves emotionally invested or involved with anyone. Their philosophy was that even the slightest bit of aid led to a sense of obligation and attachment, something which could disrupt their aloof lifestyle.

Her growing doubt escalated when a Luxray asked them to help her son who had been suffering from horrible nightmares due to a traumatic experience. She had seen the Shinx writhing in suffering, her parents merely looking on, uncaring as always. Elly was deeply disturbed by this, and the Espurr decided to dive into his mind herself to try to help him.

What she discovered within his mind were things that she could not even fathom. Things that she had never felt before. The power of true emotion surged through her. She felt sheer unbridled joy, tears of sadness, screams of anger... it was beautiful and horrible and she was never the same after that day.

Once the feelings had been awakened within her, they could not be stopped. Everyday, she lived an existence of confused torment, trying to figure out who she was and what to do now. Her grasp on her Psychic powers slipped away, and she lost control of herself. In this emotional frenzy though, one emotion grew certain above all others. The increasing anger at her parents. If she had lived like a normal Pokemon, this wouldn't have happened... she wouldn't have become an uncaring robot bereft of compassion like they had.

They showed little concern or compassion for their daughter in her tormented state, and this also fueled her fury. The two might as well not even care about whether or not she existed. And so, she ran away from home, reaching the nearby village of Haven. Searching for a way to help others so that they would never have to feel the great pain and confusion that the Shinx had felt, she decided to join the local Exploration guild. The Espurr trained hard to learn once again to control her abilities, but never quite regained her old grasp of them again.

Personality: Elly wears her heart on her sleeve, displaying a rather fierce and fiery demeanor. Brisk, up-front, and determined, she often steamrolls through others when having conversations with them. Anger is the emotion that she has become attached to, the one she understands the most, and the one that gives her the most clarity of purpose. She views it as a raw, honest emotion. This makes her rather blunt and seemingly hostile. But often, she is the one who will say what needs to be said, and the one who is willing to do what needs to be done. No matter what the cost.

Although she is rather blunt and abrasive, this belies several insecurities as one might expect. The fear of losing her emotions and ability to care about others is always on her mind. To Elly, being so blunt and honest is the ultimate expression of caring and love. It is the desire to improve that is a main core of her personality, the desire that fuels her. She must take and dish out harsh criticism because that is the only way things will get better, according to her. Apathy and stoicism are her most hated traits, things she labels merely as fake masks that help nothing. It's much better than doing nothing.

Another side to her personality is how to she shows positive emotions, like happiness. Happiness is a feeling that she does not understand quite as well other negative emotions, and thus, she struggles to express it. Often, when she feels positive about something, she will sputter and blush, finding it difficult to say the words. The words will be very short and riddled with uncertainties. "Uh... well... that's... n-nice." She will say, after which an awkward silence will ensue and she will then shout out something unrelated to the subject.

Ultimately, this Espurr is still young and quite naive about her emotions.

Moveset: Assist, Light Screen, Leer, Scratch, Confusion.

Last edited:
Years
Lengthened the personality section, and made a few fixes to spelling and grammar. I'm pretty pleased with the SU, myself.

Jay

Years
Abilities don't have much relevance at all in this RP. Unless say, a pokémon is known for its ability. (Zoroark and illusion, for example.) Other than this they may be mentioned briefly in certain circumstances, but they're largely ignored to keep things a little simpler.

So long as a pokémon can naturally be Level 15 and has NOT been evolved using a stone, friendship or trading, then it is perfectly acceptable to be in the RP. So yes, Audino is a fine choice.~

Fennekin's character "Dávalos the Fennekin" is Accepted! A cocky showman with some eccentric flair. Welcome to the RP.~

Arylett's character "Elly the Espurr" is Accepted! A young Espurr only recently awoken to her emotions after years of conditioning... Considering how Espurr's psychic power is described, this could lead to some very interesting situations indeed.~

So you have... and almost doubling the length of said section as well. I'm impressed by that work ethic and I'm glad to have Russel be a part of the RP since I feel the personality and backstory fits the chosen pokémon surprisingly well. Accepted!

Thank you for the extension, I understand that writing such segments for an amnesiac character can be rather difficult to do at times but I feel you've done so admirably. Gooooosuuuu the Ghaaaaaastryyyyyy *ahem* "Gosu the Ghastly" is now fully Accepted!

With the rate this is going everyone, we may have to jump right in and get started in the next few days.

I feel I can talk on the behalf of Nagi and myself when I say that we're very impressed with and grateful for the amount of attention this RP has gotten. So thank you for showing your support and getting involved! We hope to keep you around for the long haul with this one... so let's all have a truly "Grand Expedition"!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
It's been a long time since a proper PMD RP had seen the light of days and, considering I am now playing Super Mystery Dungeon, the hype in my soul is real.

Jay

Years
Hello again everyone. Now that the RP has so many accepted SU's and since things are progressing nicely. It's time you were introduced to a place where you can keep up with other RPers in this roleplay more directly.

Namely, through the magic of Skype.

If you have a Skype then I implore you to join us here. It's a great way to make plans with other members, discuss the plot and development of such and to make better friends with everyone else in the community. The chat link above links to a chat specifically for "Mystery Dungeon: The grand Expedition". However those looking to branch out and make better friends with the community at large should also look here as well:

This thread will grant you access to the official RPT skype chat as a whole. These chats are optional, but heavily encouraged to those whom want a more whole RP experience. We hope to see all of you PMD'ers in both very soon. <3

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years

tumblr_o1ik75wiiQ1uic5f7o1_1280.png

Zuzu

Species:
Azurill

Time Spent at the Guild:
1 month.

Appearance:
His left ear has a burnt scar from where he was attacked by bandits. Other than that, he looks like a normal Azurill. He rarely seems to smile and Arceus knows why.

History:
Growing up, Zuzu had only one family to call, his Marill brother. They had no parents and when he did ask his brother why every other household had them, he was merely told that their parents were away. Zuzu was entirely dependent on his brother, who worked all day on odd jobs to put food on the table and make sure that there was a roof over their heads. One day, Zuzu was approached by a traveler who offered him some free food for a simple and small task. Thrilled that he could be useful and at the prospect of not going hungry for a while more, he took up the offer. The traveler was a foreigner who had come to their parts to search for artifacts and old things he could dig up to sell. There was a nearby waterfall where a cave was hidden and he wanted the tiny Azurill to enter a small chamber, accessible through a crevice that only a pokemon like him could crawl through. Finding whatever object the traveler wanted was no easy feat but Zuzu managed to accomplish it without hurting himself. Unfortunately, the traveler had other ideas in mind than to reward him. In the darkness of the cave, the traveler placed him under hypnosis and performed extreme acts of physical torture, pushing him towards the edge of death only to heal his wounds, hiding any physical evidence. With the sounds of the waterfall masking out every noise inside the cave, Zuzu was subjected to extreme torment and an overwhelming helplessness, with the full knowledge that nobody could save him. When it was all over, Zuzu walked back home, dazed and traumatised, and everything felt like a horrible nightmare.

But the real nightmares had only begun. Every night, he was haunted by visions of the traveler, who would not leave him. He never spoke to anyone about what had happened, not even his brother, as he did not want to cause worry. It was only a matter of time when the nightmares became so intense that he could no longer differentiate reality from dreams. He kept slipping in and out of the waking world, until he fell into a state of coma, swallowed up by the abyss. His brother, on realizing one morning that he could not be awakened, sought help from Explorers of the nearby guild. Of course, nearby being the next town several miles away. Despite the long travel on foot, nobody bothered to help at all, thinking that it was not profitable. To add salt to injury, the Marill came back to the village to see it being raided by bandits. Zuzu was snapped back to reality when a bandit's attack struck him on the head. His brother tried to fend them off, buying time for Zuzu to escape. The last thing Zuzu saw of his brother was him being surrounded by flames as the bandits decide to torch the village to the ground as a final act of assertion.

Mind broken beyond a fathomable degree, the Azurill wandered for days, until he collapsed at the first town he set foot in, the first sight of civilization – Haven.

Personality:
On the outside, Zuzu has the image of purity and innocence, befitting of an adorable child. But his insides are blacker than oil and his mind is like a shadowy kaleidoscope, fragmented, never clear and ever changing. His psyche has been damaged and twisted, such that his entire personality is highly unstable, vacillating between being a sweet kindhearted soul and a sadistic demon of lunacy. His heart has no room for genuine positive emotions - empathy is not in his vocabulary - and he only knows despair, melancholy and suffering. His desire for blood and to inflict pain onto others is deeply masked by his facade of weakness. He sees everyone as nothing but tools; stepping stones for his ultimate machination – world domination. He appears to reciprocate the Explorers' good-naturedness when in reality, he will make sure they are the first to taste his wrath when he has the entire world bowing before him. The only relationship worth maintaining is that of a giant and an ant, one being thoroughly at the mercy of the other, as well as easily crushed and obliterated of course.

Moveset:
☑ Splash
☑ Water Gun
☑ Tail Whip
☑ Water Sport
☑ Charm
☑ Bubble Beam

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Trey the Trubbish
thank you for your sign-up! i actually quite like the special relationship he has with Bronzong. you're Accepted.

Vio the Chikorita
as i told you already, we were very pleased to see how well Vio's history fit in with what we have in mind for shiny characters! so, you'll also be Accepted. welcome to the guild!

Shape the Porygon
while your SU is mostly fine, there are two small issues that i'd like you to edit before we can fully accept you. firstly, no major discolorations are allowed in this RP, so the full body change from pink/light blue to red/dark blue is unfortunately more than we can agree with. secondly, i'd really like you to expand on his personality a little more! right now it seems like the only real trait he has is that he tends to shy away from others... just because it's genderless doesn't mean it doesn't have a personality, after all. edit those small things in the SU, and you'll be accepted.

Zuzu the Azurill
overall your character looks great, if a bit heavy for this generally lighthearted RP, haha. i'll be interested to see what you do with him. Accepted!

Mira the Gothita
you always seem to make such mysterious characters, Elektra! i'm curious what you have planned for Mira too. i wonder what Bronzong is thinking allowing her into the guild... Accepted as well, of course.

Abilities don't have much relevance at all in this RP. Unless say, a pokémon is known for its ability. (Zoroark and illusion, for example.) Other than this they may be mentioned briefly in certain circumstances, but they're largely ignored to keep things a little simpler.

So long as a pokémon can naturally be Level 15 and has NOT been evolved using a stone, friendship or trading, then it is perfectly acceptable to be in the RP. So yes, Audino is a fine choice.~
just to correct these little things; in the PMD games as far as i know it's assumed that Pokémon have all the abilities they can possibly have, so you may assume so for this RP as well. still, as Deceptio said, they will not have much relevance here, to avoid overcomplicating battles.

additionally, Pokémon may actually be evolved using friendship if they are baby Pokémon like Azurill and Pichu for example, just to clear up any confusion.

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021

246.gif

❀ Mamatar ❀

Species:
Larvitar

Time Spent at the Guild:
1 Week

Appearance:
Mamatar weighs in at 160 pounds, and is 1 foot and 9 inches tall. Her expression always appears to be one of anger, even when she is happy. She has red dragon like scales that protect her stomach

History:
At a young age Mamatar's mother passed away. The child thought her mother was just sleeping and went to go play with the neighboring Arons her mother was friends with. When Mamatar got home she tried to wake her mother up. "Mom!" she cried, and beat her tiny hands against her mothers rough exterior. Nothing would wake her. After hours of trying Mamatar ran to the neighboring Lairon camp. Mamatar's voice strained, and screechy with tears coming down her face she yelled to her friend's mother. "My mom is asleep!" The Lairon(f) was puzzled by her statement. "Everyone sleeps," the Lairon said in a soft, and motherly voice. "Mom wonn't wa-aake up." The Lairon tried to stay calm. "I'll see your mommy. Go play with Starq. He'll be happy to see you." Starq's mother suggested.
Mamatar wouldn't. She wanted to see her mom wake up. She ran to her mother's side with her mommy's friend keeping pace. Her mother was still there. Lairon knew there was nothing she could do. Tears fell Lairon's eyes. She bit the nape of Mamatar, and pulled her away from her deceased mother, Tyrana. Mamatar struggled against Lairon's jaws, and demanded to be put down. She would try to run back to see her mom, but Lairon caught her every time. Lairon had a hard time explaining that Mamatar's mother was dead. She didn't want to believe it either. Tyrana was still young, too young to die. When Lairon was ready she explained everything to the child.
Coming up living life like a "ron"

The girl was heart broken and in denial. The caves she lived were already one of infinite sadness. Arra's words only made that worse. Mamatar left the cave after exploring every crevice of the cave. In her travels she found a guild with a lot of powerful pokemon. She wanted to be just like them. Travelling, and battling made her weary which also played a big role in her joining the guild.

Personality:
Mamatar is shy young girl with the goal to make friends, however; her insecurities and trouble trusting in other mons make it difficult for her to make friends. Once she is attached to someone she will do anything for them. She believes herself to be wise, and because of that others can see her as stubborn.

Moveset:
Bite
Leer
Sandstorm
Screech
Chip Away

Last edited:
Back