• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Uber RMT] Splish and Splash Under the Rain!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Splish and Splash Under the Rain!

First Glance
382.png
¦
380.png
¦
230.png
¦
150.png
¦
484.png
¦
141.png

[alink id=1]Kyogre[/alink id] ¦ [alink id=2]Latias[/alink id] ¦ [alink id=3]Kingdra[/alink id] ¦ [alink id=4]Mewtwo[/alink id] ¦ [alink id=5]Palkia[/alink id] ¦ [alink id=6]Kabutops[/alink id]

In-Depth Look

[a id]1[/a id]Kyogre @ Lum Berry Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Water Spout
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

[a id]2[/a id]Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Spd / 152 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Recover

[a id]3[/a id]Kingdra (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Rain Dance
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

[a id]4[/a id]Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Recover
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

[a id]5[/a id]Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder

[a id]6[/a id]Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Notes
I don't know if Uber RMTs are allowed, but I haven't read anything about in the rules. This is a Rain Dance team, if you still haven't noticed.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
OOoooh boy an Uber RMT. First off I had to ask, how did you get the links under the at a glance section to link to the different sets? That was pretty cool and I think I am going to steal that feature. Anywho onto rating.

Rain team, eh? Fairly common but pretty much shot dead by Tyranitar or Groudon. Well Abomasnow too, but he is less common. I would consider for that reason that you change Thunder on Latias to Grass Knot. A +1 Grass Knot from Latias should OHKO all forms of Groudon as well as most forms of Kyogre. Dragon Pulse hits just about everything else, and even Steel-Types don't enjoy a +1 Dragon Pulse.

Kyogre really doesn't need Water Spout imo. Its only STAB move is ruined after it gets attacked or repeatedly switches in from Stealth Rock damage. I would consider Surf instead. It gets a Rain and STAB boost but doesn't care how full Kyogre's HP stat is. Also, Rain Dance on Kingdra ?___? Kyogre makes rain for your team, so Kingdra doesn't really need it. A more effective set for Ubers is:

Kingdra @ Life Orb | 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe | Ability: Swift Swim
Surf or Hydro Pump | Draco Meteor | Outrage | Waterfall

Water + Dragon is pretty much Perfect type coverage. 176 outspeed makes him really fast in the rain outspeeding some stuff i forgot about. Draco Meteor + Outrage are his two base 140 STAB moves. Surf or Hydro Pump is the age old accuracy v power argument.

Mewtwo looks fine and so does Palkia.

On Kabutops, if you feel like having Stealth Rock on him doesn't do much or you aren't able to get them up frequently enough, you could consider changing it to Low Kick. A +2 Low Kick will OHKO a majority of the Uber tier, becaues many of them are heavy.

Thats all I got, hope my suggestions helped and good luck. Also, look out for Scarf Kyogre cause it could potentially wreck your team, maybe a Quagsire over Palkia if you wish since it stops him cold. Also, if you wish to keep Palkia a Haban Berry is a very good item for it so it doesn't fall to Latios and Latias and other Dragon-types.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Any tier RMT is allowed as long as it's competitive.

KYOGRE

Okay lead Kyogre should NEVER use Water Spout. Why? Because when you're really slow, you will be hit first and Water Spout will be severely weakened. Replace with Surf or Hydro Pump.

Lead Kyogre should also NEVER use Calm Mind. Your goal is not to sweep, your goal is to get the Rain set up and KO or cripple opposing leads. Replace Calm Mind with Thunder Wave.
Thunder Wave is a better option because most leads like Darkrai and Deoxys rely on Speed.

KINGDRA

Your Kingdra is a Rain sweeper and it doesn't even have a Water move! What's up with that? And why Rain Dance when you have Kyogre? If the weather gets changed, all you have to do is switch in Kyogre again.

Uber Kingdra should never be fully special because Blissey is everywhere and will wall you. It should be mixed like this:

Kingdra @Life Orb
Mild Nature
Swift Swim
80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spd

-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage

PALKIA

When deciding on a physical Dragon move, you should pick Outrage ALWAYS. Outrage is 50% stronger than Dragon Claw and will net you OHKOs and 2HKOs that Dragon Claw won't. One of those is bulky Kyogre, who won't take much damage from Aqua Tail or even Thunder, but will take at least 50% from a STAB Lustrous Orb Outrage.

MEWTWO

TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS

Got it so far? Good!

KABUTOPS

Dialga walls this entire set. Use Low Kick over Stealth Rock. While Rocks are important, Kabutops is to frail to set it up without a Focus Sash.

In short:

*Give Kyogre Surf/Hydro Pump and Thunder Wave
*Change Kingdra's moveset
*Give Palkia Outrage
*Change Mewtwo's nature
*Give Kabutops Low Kick

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Replies are bold.

Any tier RMT is allowed as long as it's competitive.

KYOGRE

Okay lead Kyogre should NEVER use Water Spout. Why? Because when you're really slow, you will be hit first and Water Spout will be severely weakened. Replace with Surf or Hydro Pump.

Lead Kyogre should also NEVER use Calm Mind. Your goal is not to sweep, your goal is to get the Rain set up and KO or cripple opposing leads. Replace Calm Mind with Thunder Wave.
Thunder Wave is a better option because most leads like Darkrai and Deoxys rely on Speed.
I've never thought of T-Wave on Kyogre, darn I'm so stupid. /facepalm

I'm really the guy who likes accuracy > power. Surf will be my option but I'll test Hydro Pump.
KINGDRA

Your Kingdra is a Rain sweeper and it doesn't even have a Water move! What's up with that? And why Rain Dance when you have Kyogre? If the weather gets changed, all you have to do is switch in Kyogre again.

Uber Kingdra should never be fully special because Blissey is everywhere and will wall you. It should be mixed like this:

Kingdra @Life Orb
Mild Nature
Swift Swim
80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spd

-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage
If only Outrage didn't have a downside, I'd use it. >.<
I can always switch, though.

I didn't notice Kingdra doesn't have a water-type move. D:
PALKIA

When deciding on a physical Dragon move, you should pick Outrage ALWAYS. Outrage is 50% stronger than Dragon Claw and will net you OHKOs and 2HKOs that Dragon Claw won't. One of those is bulky Kyogre, who won't take much damage from Aqua Tail or even Thunder, but will take at least 50% from a STAB Lustrous Orb Outrage.
GO OUTRAGE GO!

MEWTWO

TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS
TIMID OVER MODEST ALWAYS

Got it so far? Good!
TIMID OVER MODEST, got it. ;)
KABUTOPS

Dialga walls this entire set. Use Low Kick over Stealth Rock. While Rocks are important, Kabutops is to frail to set it up without a Focus Sash.
It was really a choice between Kabutops or Manaphy, but I went to the frail Kabutops. Any advise?

In short:

*Give Kyogre Surf/Hydro Pump and Thunder Wave
*Change Kingdra's moveset
*Give Palkia Outrage
*Change Mewtwo's nature
*Give Kabutops Low Kick

OOoooh boy an Uber RMT. First off I had to ask, how did you get the links under the at a glance section to link to the different sets? That was pretty cool and I think I am going to steal that feature. Anywho onto rating.
Its a BBCode, called "[alink id]". :P

Rain team, eh? Fairly common but pretty much shot dead by Tyranitar or Groudon. Well Abomasnow too, but he is less common. I would consider for that reason that you change Thunder on Latias to Grass Knot. A +1 Grass Knot from Latias should OHKO all forms of Groudon as well as most forms of Kyogre. Dragon Pulse hits just about everything else, and even Steel-Types don't enjoy a +1 Dragon Pulse.
I think Palkia can handle Groudon. STAB Lustrous Orb Aqua Tail is awesome.

Kyogre really doesn't need Water Spout imo. Its only STAB move is ruined after it gets attacked or repeatedly switches in from Stealth Rock damage. I would consider Surf instead. It gets a Rain and STAB boost but doesn't care how full Kyogre's HP stat is. Also, Rain Dance on Kingdra ?___? Kyogre makes rain for your team, so Kingdra doesn't really need it. A more effective set for Ubers is:

Kingdra @ Life Orb | 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe | Ability: Swift Swim
Surf or Hydro Pump | Draco Meteor | Outrage | Waterfall

Water + Dragon is pretty much Perfect type coverage. 176 outspeed makes him really fast in the rain outspeeding some stuff i forgot about. Draco Meteor + Outrage are his two base 140 STAB moves. Surf or Hydro Pump is the age old accuracy v power argument.

Mewtwo looks fine and so does Palkia.

On Kabutops, if you feel like having Stealth Rock on him doesn't do much or you aren't able to get them up frequently enough, you could consider changing it to Low Kick. A +2 Low Kick will OHKO a majority of the Uber tier, becaues many of them are heavy.

Thats all I got, hope my suggestions helped and good luck. Also, look out for Scarf Kyogre cause it could potentially wreck your team, maybe a Quagsire over Palkia if you wish since it stops him cold. Also, if you wish to keep Palkia a Haban Berry is a very good item for it so it doesn't fall to Latios and Latias and other Dragon-types.
I'm still thinking of changing Kabutops to Manaphy, but I don't know what to do. @_@
I'll be changing this team, soon. I hope it does good. ^_^

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Zeffy said:
I think Palkia can handle Groudon. STAB Lustrous Orb Aqua Tail is awesome

You should use Grass Knot on Latias as Groudon is physically pretty bulky and Drought weakens Aqua Tail.

I ran some calcs and this is what STAB Lustrous Orb Aqua Tail does to Groudon in the sun:

34.1% - 40.7% to Rock Polish Groudon
30.2% - 36.1% to Supporter Groudon
36.8% - 43.9% to Swords Dance Groudon
29.7% - 35.3% to ParaDancer Groudon
37.1% - 44.1% to SubSalac Groudon (this is the frailest Groudon you will most probably ever face)
and 30.2% - 36.1% to Choice Banded Groudon.
As you can see, they are all 3HKO'es and Groudon

This is what Groudon does to your Palkia with Earthquake:
82.2% - 97.2% from Rock Polish
65.4% - 76.9% from Supporter
82.2% - 97.2% from Swords Dance (unboosted, after a Swords Dance obviously OHKO'es)
63.6% - 74.8% from ParaDancer
63.6% - 74.8% from SubSalac
101.2% - 119.6% from Choice Band

They all are 2HKOes atleast, from Swords Dance and Rock Polish ones it could OHKO with SR up and it OHKOes from Choice Band without. So yeah Groudon beats Palkia one-on-one and you should consider Grass Knot on Latias.

Back