• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Register me in your POKEGEAR?!

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
When you guys play through your Heart Gold and Soul Silver games, do you always register everyone who asks you into your pokegear? Or do you just say no to everybody to avoid the annoying youngster joey and the rings that never seem to stop.

When I first got the game, I was excited about the feature but the more I played through Soul Silver, I found it more and more annoying. So I started to say no to everyone to avoid it all together.

But now, recently, I use a combination of both: For example-

If an old man wants to see me again and asks for my phone number I'm going to say no because that's straight up creepy right?

But if a pretty young thang asks me for my number, of course I'll say yes because that's common sense.

If a trainer wants to battle me again after a heated good battle, I'll accept.

You see, I'll say yes and no to whoever I would in real life, depending on the circumstances I'm under? You follow?

What about you guys?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
When I first played the game to be honest, I mindlessly said yes to everybody who asked. I didn't care really if they called me, in fact it was rather interesting listening to them talk about various things in their life as a Pokemon trainer. To learn more about the people in the game, to get different information each time rather than always get the same response, I actually enjoy calling certain trainers from time to time myself. While the advice they give is awful, it's still nice having a chat with them. Also I thought it was a neat feature and it couldn't hurt to say no, so basically I registered nearly every trainer there was simply because I was to lazy to reject and the reasons above. XD

Now I still think it's the same really. I reject maybe one or two trainers but other than that hardly at all.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Much like Narnia, I accepted every trainer that asked me to register them. I regretted it later because I'd get a mass of useless and repetitive calls. However, on my second play through the game, I added only Cool/Ace Trainers, and others who I knew would ask for a rematch every now and then. On the topic of the PokeGear, what I think would have been a great option to implement would have been the ability to remove some of your contacts. Without it I was stuck - like I said before - with a heap of annoying calls that didn't really offer me any benefit.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
The first time I played this, I accepted most if not all phone numbers because I thought they really could get berries/items for me. XD I disliked how they would call while I'm in the middle of riding my bicycle and pausing my movement. On my second run-through, I only added a very few trainers. I still feel like they're calling me just as frequent as if I had 30 people in my PokeGear. It's insane, lol.

Years
I accepted every Trainer into my Pokegear cos I need all the rematches I can get. Even the dumb ones like that guy with the all-Magikarp team lol. The random calls never bothered me at all, but I always liked calling regularly to see if they were offering rematches or rare items.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
At first, I accepted every request like the others did above. I didn't really get any frequent annoying calls, but sometimes I get those calls that just offer me useless information about things I already know and that was a little too much. After my first playthrough, I learnt my lesson and added only people who wanted rematches or those who had rare items to give me. This turned out to be a good choice as I once actually received a stone (was it a Thunderstone?) from one of the rare-item-givers near the house with the sick Miltank! Awe-someeee. xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The first and only time I played HeartGold , I basically accepted every trainer absentmindedly. I didn't know which ones were trainers who wanted to rematch/give you items or just ones who talk. I now regret that cause I always get calls from random trainers talking about their life as trainer or giving me info I already knew and didn't need. It get annoying fast so if I ever restart HG or buy Soulsilver I'll choose who I register to my PokeGear wisely.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If an old man wants to see me again and asks for my phone number I'm going to say no because that's straight up creepy right?

But if a pretty young thang asks me for my number, of course I'll say yes because that's common sense.

But...it's just a game. XD It's not like anything is going to happen with the old man or the young lady. :P

Anyway, I register everyone as that's a potential rematch waiting to happen! n___n

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I used to always accept them for no reason really, but now that I'm replaying SoulSilver with my NFE team I'm rejecting every offer, lol. I might check Bulbapedia or something to see who is worth adding (I know Schoolkid Allan, that Lass by the Miltank farm, and a fisherman give you Fire Stones, Thunderstones, and Water Stones) but I find the calls extremely annoying so I'm not even bothering.

Back