• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Alright, well, allow me to go old school on this.

Title Screen- For the most part, it looks very finished and professional. However, don't you think the part that flashes on the silhouette should be shaded?

I wasn't able to listen to the music because I don't have Quicktime installed...

Sprites- Some are good some are not. The main problems I see, and I know I'm being a little hypercritical here, are with the colors on the sprites. Specifically, I think that Firoke and Baashaun are too dark; in the game, they would probably cause a lot of contrast with the menu backgrounds.

Furthermore, I think you Kinetmunk would work better as a normal/ground (it digs tunnels), with the same colors as Chynmunk. Pahar has a similar problem; its base color is far darker than its more evolved forms, which makes it seem out of place in the chain.

The trainer test is an interesting concept, but you probably would want a way for the player to decide on a pokemon themselves if they don't get the one they want. Also, will Theo always get the type disadvantage to the pokemon you choose?

The new female sprite- looks small... or maybe it's just me.
And, are you planning to redo all the OWs, or are you just going to make a few new ones?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Comments in bold.

Alright, well, allow me to go old school on this.

Title Screen- For the most part, it looks very finished and professional. However, don't you think the part that flashes on the silhouette should be shaded?
I see your point, I'll check that with Zeph.

I wasn't able to listen to the music because I don't have Quicktime installed...
Oh, you have a mac right? If not than all you need is windows media player o_o.

Sprites- Some are good some are not. The main problems I see, and I know I'm being a little hypercritical here, are with the colors on the sprites. Specifically, I think that Firoke and Baashaun are too dark; in the game, they would probably cause a lot of contrast with the menu backgrounds.
I don't think Firoke is really that dark, but I have to agree about Baashaun, I'll see what we can do, but thats low priority right now.

Furthermore, I think you Kinetmunk would work better as a normal/ground (it digs tunnels), with the same colors as Chynmunk Nah..., I'll change the description. The problem is that there are already too many ground pokémon in the early game. Pahar has a similar problem; its base color is far darker than its more evolved forms, which makes it seem out of place in the chain. See Charmeleon for example, it's red is much darker than his prevo and evo.

The trainer test is an interesting concept, but you probably would want a way for the player to decide on a pokemon themselves if they don't get the one they want. Also, will Theo always get the type disadvantage to the pokemon you choose?
Yes, he will always get the type disadvantage, its really easy to figure out which pokémon you will got. More agressive like answers you get Flager (Magmar, agressive, fame and money, hyper beam...), with more pacific like ones you get Orchynx (blissey, defensive, protect, make new friends...) and answering the borderline ones you get Eletux.

The new female sprite- looks small... or maybe it's just me.
And, are you planning to redo all the OWs, or are you just going to make a few new ones?
Yeah it's a bit small, but not THAT small, you probably got a bit too used to the d/p ones =p. Well, first I need to find someone to make them for me, and yes, I'd be willing to change the hero ow at least. I'm probably leaving Theo and Bamb'o the same though.

Thx for the criticizing ^^.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Nice update buddy! It was really good. The game is coming along real well. Keep it up. It was very big my favorites lol

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2010
I posted my fakemon on TCoD forums if you want to add them to the Pokedex. I'm not sure if you're saving more Pokemon for another update...

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
The update is great! I'm really looking forward to the beta!

The titlescreen seems almost perfect to me, but it disturbs me a bit that the "fire" in the background looks so un-fluish XD

In the trainertest, is Bamb-o's feet supposed to hide behind the text bar?

024- Firoke
t_bug.png
t_fir.png
and
031- Sponareech
t_bug.png
t_wtr.png

are looking like the same pokemon, wouldn't it be better when Sponareech would be looking more blue-ish?
My computer loaded the images uncorrect... XD
But I saw something else: In the battlescene with the Sponareech the name is "Sponaree". However, you named it in pokedex update "Sponareech". Which is the right one?

For the rest, everything is perfect, and those thingies above are only points on the i... Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Nice update buddy! It was really good. The game is coming along real well. Keep it up. It was very big my favorites lol
Thx dude xD.

This game is just....beautiful....
Thx.

I posted my fakemon on TCoD forums if you want to add them to the Pokedex. I'm not sure if you're saving more Pokemon for another update...
Oh sure.

The update is great! I'm really looking forward to the beta!

The titlescreen seems almost perfect to me, but it disturbs me a bit that the "fire" in the background looks so un-fluish XD

In the trainertest, is Bamb-o's feet supposed to hide behind the text bar?

024- Firoke
t_bug.png
t_fir.png
and
031- Sponareech
t_bug.png
t_wtr.png

are looking like the same pokemon, wouldn't it be better when Sponareech would be looking more blue-ish?
My computer loaded the images uncorrect... XD
But I saw something else: In the battlescene with the Sponareech the name is "Sponaree". However, you named it in pokedex update "Sponareech". Which is the right one?

For the rest, everything is perfect, and those thingies above are only points on the i... Keep up the good work!

lol, sry for not replying before, well, about the fire... I'm still trying to find out how they did it in Fr/Lg, didn't catch it yet. Now about Firoke and Sponareech (thats the correct name), they have different sprites, the thing was that I uploaded the wrong one, so your pc loaded the correctly one, but I edited the post as soon as I saw your post =p.

V i n c æ n t

Italian Hacker !
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2009
Wow , good job , but i don't like the trees' tiles ...
However , really a nice work !

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
A new update's coming soon huh? I really look forward to it, You better not be lying to me when you say BIG!! >.> lol

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
That is awesome,JV!Don't forget to add me to the team. ;D

Theres a bug though:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
That is awesome,JV!Don't forget to add me to the team. ;D

Theres a bug though:
Spoiler:

The alpha version I sent you is already a bit outdated, that bug has already been corrected. And yes, he is in the team, he is our ow spriter =D. I'll add you on the list as soon as I feel like editing the post.

A new update's coming soon huh? I really look forward to it, You better not be lying to me when you say BIG!! >.> lol

I think you missed it, the big update I was talking about was the last one lol.

I'm loving the way the game is looking. I can't wait to play it. The pokemon you created are pretty unique. I wonder how they'll handle in battle? Well, later!

Thanks =p. I think I and Zeph are doing a good work on that area...

Wow , good job , but i don't like the trees' tiles ...
However , really a nice work !

Thx for the critic, it would be good if you could be more specific though.

I will help you if you want me to

No. I normally only accept people at the team when it's needed.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2010
I LOVE the things you make...
could you maybe help me with my hack?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I LOVE the things you make...
could you maybe help me with my hack?
No.

i have a few sprites .
No.

I like the new pokemon selection screen and pokedex, they look good!
I'm not much of a pixel artist myself lol.

Thx for the compliment =D.

Wow great updates, it would be a pleasure to play this.
Thanks.

Well, I'll be out for 3 weeks starting this Saturday. Don't expect any updates on the game and also I probably I won't be able to answer your questions that often, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything new on the game to show. I'll leave here a teaser of what is to come after I get back of my trip ^^.

newupdate.png

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
Years
I got some C+C on the intro

I was watching the recent vid where you go to the profesor to take the quiz, and.. Well, it's hideous. Everything goes awfully dark, and then two deformed ugly sprites appear and start doing random crap and stuff. No.

I would strongly recommend you to remove this as soon as possibe. The badly made deformed trainer sprites would look a thousand times better if they were decently sized mugshots on the screen, giving you the feel as if you were actually engaging in a conversation with them, instead of some random stick figures in the background. They would also show emotions alot more effectively.

Also, the darkness in the background should be toned down in like 50% of it's alpha value. One can't even see what the OWs are doing back there, and I'll just add the fact that it looks actually terrible on it's own. In fact, a nicely done lab BG to be shown would be excellent, like those that show on FR/LG when you enter places and caves.

I also saw alot of spelling errors on the text, and that it was badly positioned all over.

Well, im even thinking on applying as a temporary spriter to help you fix most of these. I have pretty much alot of free time on my hands right now.

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I'm back from my 3 week trip to England. I don't have much time now because it's alredy late here, -Smash, expect a reply from me tomorrow.

~cya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back