• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

well all looks good, but I would add some more foliage in the town.
perhaps some more flowers towards the top left of the bottom building... so like corner of the trees, do you know what i mean?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I think maybe using another type of tree in the town also would spice it up a bit. Though it is a nice map nonetheless.

Waudby

well all looks good, but I would add some more foliage in the town.
perhaps some more flowers towards the top left of the bottom building... so like corner of the trees, do you know what i mean?

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm now working on some newer tiles which include some foliage and also some weeds and stuff for the water.

I think maybe using another type of tree in the town also would spice it up a bit. Though it is a nice map nonetheless.

Yeah I was thinking about putting some of the smaller trees around the area. Hopefully I'll have a new version up tomorrow with some improvements.

Last edited:

Waudby

Just another a small mapping update, I have now finished;
• Starting Town
• First Route
• Second Town
• Second Route
• First City

Here are two screenshots from my currently untitled beach town;

screenshot%202009.03.12%2012.15.12.0603.png
screenshot%202009.03.12%2012.19.17.0385.png

This is just one side of the city, the other side has the more port orientated stuff in :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The trees in between the stalls really take the look away from the idea of this little fish market inspired area. Who would set up stalls were many people can't walk?
The stalls themselves look neat with the tarp covers.
Also, I noticed the mart guy isn't there in the first screenshot. Does that mean they work at certain times, or where you just testing out the map when the first screenshot was taken?

I really hope you taking this and my last mapping advice into consideration. Your mapping skills are really good, and give off a true Pokemon region feel (no need for clutter and stuff), so I don't want little errors to ruin it.

Waudby

The trees in between the stalls really take the look away from the idea of this little fish market inspired area. Who would set up stalls were many people can't walk?
The stalls themselves look neat with the tarp covers.
Also, I noticed the mart guy isn't there in the first screenshot. Does that mean they work at certain times, or where you just testing out the map when the first screenshot was taken?

I really hope you taking this and my last mapping advice into consideration. Your mapping skills are really good, and give off a true Pokemon region feel (no need for clutter and stuff), so I don't want little errors to ruin it.

Yeah I was just testing the map out with an NPC there :P but they may only appear there during the day :)

As for the trees near the stalls, it was just an idea to fill a little bit of space, but I'll try without them as they do cramp the area a bit.

I want to show off the rest of the map to you guys, but the tiles aren't finished yet.

Just another small map update again, here's one screen of the other side of the city.

screenshot%202009.03.12%2016.38.11.0549.png

It shows the Tackle Shop, a place to go and get upgrades on your rod as well as new bait and, to report to the Master Fisher when you locate some of the secret fishing spots.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

awesome! that will make fishing that much more fun. good idea man.
the tiles look really nice too :]

Waudby

awesome! that will make fishing that much more fun. good idea man.
the tiles look really nice too :]

Thanks man.

Yeah the different baits will help attract the different types of pokemon just like in real life. I want to add a bit more to the official ones because I feel like it's not really explored as fully as it could be.

The secret fishing spots idea will also be helpful to fill up the pokedex a bit, with certain pokemon only able to be found there. It really adds a feel of exploration to the game if you can be bothered to do it :P

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I like your current starting town. It's nice and simple, but not boring. Neo's right about the ledge thing. ;D It's a series staple for the ledges to be your best friend when avoiding the tall grass.

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
Years
Various baits: that's the kind of idea that separates the mundane from the unique. It will be interesting to see how you implement the feature; if bait will be consumed after use or if it will be reusable. This looks to be a great game! I love seeing how you methodically approach each of your ideas. Good luck!

Waudby

It looks like this is going really well.
Good luck!

Buizel 9 ~

Thanks a lot.

I like your current starting town. It's nice and simple, but not boring. Neo's right about the ledge thing. ;D It's a series staple for the ledges to be your best friend when avoiding the tall grass.

Yeah I agree with you and Neo, i've changed the grass near the ledge to give a more open area.

I'm trying to make them look as good as I can so it's good to get this feedback :D

Various baits: that's the kind of idea that separates the mundane from the unique. It will be interesting to see how you implement the feature; if bait will be consumed after use or if it will be reusable. This looks to be a great game! I love seeing how you methodically approach each of your ideas. Good luck!

Thanks a lot. I'm just trying to extend things a bit more as personally, I hardly ever used the fishing rod in recent games.

And the bait will be a one use thing, but it wont be expensive to buy. I'm going to make a proper update later on today which details more about it.

Atomic Reactor

So then different baits will get different Pokemon?
If so then that's great. Cause having like... a super bait, that gets all of them, is kinda lame.
Maybe you can apply the same ideas to like, a net? like for smaller bug Pokemon?
Hmm... or a hunting one! where you shoot down stantler! You know what... nvm that idea. It's not a very good one lol. But the net thing could work maybe. Especially like in bug catching contests.

Waudby

So then different baits will get different Pokemon?
If so then that's great. Cause having like... a super bait, that gets all of them, is kinda lame.
Maybe you can apply the same ideas to like, a net? like for smaller bug Pokemon?
Hmm... or a hunting one! where you shoot down stantler! You know what... nvm that idea. It's not a very good one lol. But the net thing could work maybe. Especially like in bug catching contests.

Murderous stantler hunting minigame hey... I'm joking.

Would anyone like to see the regions of it is right now? (not that I have completed much of it's overhaul yet).

Atomic Reactor

yes, I would enjoy looking at the region :]

Waudby

http://spheredev.org/~waudby/uploads/c.jpg

I've jpg'd the image to stop theft of the newer buildings that I made, that's assuming that people may like them :P lol.

Enjoy.

Note: A lot of the buildings so far are place holders until I have made some more, so don't think it will as repetitive as that when the final versions are finished.

Atomic Reactor

maybe add some flowers in front of that cave.
the spot on the beach where theres just one tile of water looks kinda dumb. I would get rid of that lol.
it all looks pretty good though waudby :P

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
I agree with Atomic Reactor. And do you realise that you can get round the rocks meant to be blocking the river from the first town to the second?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back