• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The American Politics Discussion Thread

Ice Car

Banned
Years
AZ (finally) goes Mitt.

Vote12-13.png

race-13.png

Obama take MN

Vote12-14.png

race-14.png

MO goes Mitt

Vote12-15.png

race-15.png

Elisabeth Warren is giving her Victory speech now. Good stuff. Also Virginia's Tim Kane won the VA senate race according to MSNBC projections.

Mitt takes ID and NC, Obama takes CA, HI, and WA

Obama nears the finish line...

Vote12-16.png

race-16.png

Ohio goes to Obama, Obama wins re-election!

The map:

Vote12-18.png

race-18.png

I find these posts very entertaining.

No clue why.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I got 99 problems but Mitt ain't one.

Finally over. Thank God.

As an Ohio voter, you're welcome.

And coming from a Florida voter, you're welcome. <3

....Even though Florida is still not done. XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
A sad part of an Obama win is that now I can't terrorize certain American friends to move up to Canada here with me to escape the Romney-wrath.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I'm glad Obama won. I'm glad the Democrats have strengthened their presence in the Senate.

But, I'm not joyous over it. A couple of reasons why:

1) Generally, when an incumbent is re-elected they gain more seats. Here he has lost some.

2) Also it doesn't look like he's gotten the popular vote yet. And if he does, it may be very slim.

3) The Republicans have the House.

So, this is still a very divided country. More so than last time. Hardly a slam dunk.

And if that's the case and stuff still won't get passed because the House won't budge even when the Democrats compromise, then you're looking at four years of wasted time again.

Your country has some serious problems. And the wheels really need to start turning. The economy isn't a joke or a game. If it looks like some major progress is being made on the fiscal cliff, the deficit, debt, energy, jobs, and budget I'll be much happier. But none of that was really a highlight in either campaign.

So, smarten up and work together and actually do something. Otherwise you're just a wasting time and money.

Years
I'm glad Obama won. I'm glad the Democrats have strengthened their presence in the Senate.

But, I'm not joyous over it. A couple of reasons why:

2) Also it doesn't look like he's gotten the popular vote yet. And if he does, it may be very slim.

The west coast votes have yet to be counted, meaning California and Oregon and Washington will take care of that.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
As a non-American eleven year old, I'm so pleased with the outcome of the elections. If I could've voted, I would've gone with Barack Obama, definitely. Since his first term, he's been helping our country a lot, and he really deserves to win.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I do want to see if there's any further breakdown analysis for the votes... it sounds like anyone online is voting Obama to me, and it'll be cute if they can confirm that in those post-election studies XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Triforce, deep down I'm hoping Romney wins the popular vote to cause people to push for removing the electoral college system entirely.

Years
Last edited:
Years
Obv for Romney LOL.

OK THE PHONE CALL HAS BEEN MADE. ROMNEY HAS CONCEDED TO PRESIDENT OBAMA! :D

VA and NV goes for Obama. (Everyone says so but MSNBC.) It's 303-203 w/o FL and AK.

Vote12-22.png

race-22.png

Romney is giving his concession speech. Yay.

Waiting on Obama's speech now. Expecting this :

A7E6MQlCMAI4Ima.jpg

Also in more important news, Puerto Rico just voted for statehood.

AK predictably goes Romney.

Only Florida remains.

Vote12-23.png

race-23.png

tumblr_m9xy95D61h1qz8x31o1_500.gif

It's all finally over. On top of that, we had some great progressive breakthroughs all over America. Same Sex marriage is legal in Maryland now, and marijuana is legal in Colorado. Amazing.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Gay marriage is pretty much guaranteed to be legalized in 3 states now actually. :)

I'm really curious to see the clash between Obamacare and Alabama's measure to reject mandatory coverage...

Years
Federal Law trumps State Law every time. Plus the Supreme Court already ruled Obama care legal so there's no roadblocks now. :)

Also Obama is giving his victory speech now. :3 "The Best is yet to come!"

I have a recommendation to the President. Make election day a national holiday already!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Smb33.gif
Me President Again
Smb33.gif

And now, just like when he first got elected, we get to sit back and wait for people to start threatening to assassinate Obama.

Edit - Although Federal law trumps State law, what really matters is if the Fed enforces their own laws. Half the time, they don't and tend to leave enforcement up to the State.

Edit 2

Lookit some of this.
http://mittromneycentral.com/community/chat/

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Gay marriage is pretty much guaranteed to be legalized in 3 states now actually. :)

I'm really curious to see the clash between Obamacare and Alabama's measure to reject mandatory coverage...

tumblr_m9xy95D61h1qz8x31o1_500.gif

It's all finally over. On top of that, we had some great progressive breakthroughs all over America. Same Sex marriage is legal in Maryland now, and marijuana is legal in Colorado. Amazing.

Yay but sadly I don't think it'll pass in the fourth state that has voted on it, Minnesota. But I'm thankful that it passed/will pass in these three states (Washington, Maine, and Maryland).

Marijuana is legal in Colorado and Washington. I didn't even realize it was on the ballot for those states and I didn't even think it would pass.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Minnesota isn't voting to pass it. They're voting to ban it, and it's a really really close vote, too close to call at this time.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Oh geese, you're right. Bad mistake on my part. I knew there was about Minnesota that was different than the other three. Yeah but from what I read it's entirely too close.

Years
And, in one of the last contested races of the day, it looks like Michelle Bachmann will hold onto her seat for 2 more years, with a 3600 vote lead with only 2% of precincts not having reported.

This does not make me a happy camper in the slightest.

Back