• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Update#4 for LeafGreen:
Spoiler:

Update #3 for Emerald:
I didn't feel like updating much last time. I was doing pretty much a solo run with Gardevoir. Here's the "short" of it:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Update #4 for Emerald:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
Wow, this looks really fun! I'll try it! :D

Username: Bmangoobs
Era: Jurassic Jam
Game: LeafGreen

Thanks for the chance to challenge myself! :D

Warship

異議あり!
Years
wow its been a while since my last update anyways here it is

Update #5
POKEMON SAPPHIRE
NUMBER OF BADGES: 5
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
Post-Apocalyptic Update #1

-Started Game. Named character Tarot
-Got out of the back of the dangerous moving van. "Again, WTF MOM!?"
-Saved Slightly Younger Senile Old Man from a wimpy coon
-Caught Kendall the Torchic. (Hah! Fire Puns!)
-Smashed May!
-Trained to Petalburg where I met my father and taught Wally to pokemon
-Saved Shroomish-loving Guy from Team Aqua
-Arrived in Rustboro and acquired HM01 Cut!
-Caught Shino the Nincada. (Parasitic Insects Jutsu!)
-Rocked Roxanne and obtained the STONEBADGE and Rock Tomb
-Retrieved DEVON GOODS and the Very Senile Old Man's Peeko...ummm.....
-Smashed May! v.2
-Kendall evolved into Combusken!
-Got the Pokenav
-Dewford is a place
-Caught Alucard the Zubat. (Dude! It's Dracula spelled backwards!)
-Caught Titanium the Aron. (Because it's a girl and I AM TITAAAAANIIIIIIUUUUUMMM)
-Delivered Steven's Letter and taught Alucard Steel Wing
-Bashed Brawly and recieved the KNUCKLEBADGE and Bulk Up (Pfft!)
-Saved

Badge Case
50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png

Team
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Username: [Supporter]NecrumWarrior[/Supporter]
Game: Pocket Monsters Red
Era: The Post Apocalyptic Scenario

Chapter 1: Lost

I awoke in the pit of my Time Machine. It was dark. Dark enough to pierce the soul of a man's heart. I opened the hatch to see where I was, only to find that everything was in ruins. The air was thick, and hard to breath. I looked around to find newspaper. The picture on the front page was that of a war time scenario, with troops marching out to fight. However, I could not read the writing on the paper, as it was in a language I had never seen before. Just how far had I gone? I scrounged for anything I could find, until at last I came upon what seemed to be a ruined laboratory. There were 3 Pokeballs sitting on a table. I reached out to grab one of them, the familiar feel tethering me to my lost home. But as I took the ball from the table, the building began to shake, sinking into the ground! I scrambled away from the collapsing building as quick as I could, bringing the mysterious Pokeball with me. The other two Pokeballs were lost to the collapse, leaving me with only the one. What Pokemon waits inside for me?

Last edited:

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Necrum will obviously have the best story for this challenge. *sits down with popcorn*

..still waiting for more berries on Emerald btw. Dem pokeblocks, being... not good enough always.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
I have to applaud you on this challenge! Awesome idea!

Username: Magykx
Game: Platinum
Era: Post-Apocolyptic

Last edited:

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Update #5 LeafGreen !Final
Spoiler:

Update #5 for Emerald
Spoiler:

Itemwise this wasn't really challenging for Emerald. Neither was my LeafGreen, because I kept finding things just to sell to trade and buy better. And I rarely do that even on my normal plays.
Mostly it wasn't challenging either, because of the Teleport I left on my Gardevoir. I could just port back to heal if something got really hectic. I barely ever ran away from battle though. From any random battle. Oh well...

Years
Oh! We're on the liiist.

Called ourselves Hass, started a while ago, the choice between marowak and graveller the game very succinctly made for us.

Trainer Hass
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Storm, Mineral, -
Team:
ThylaLeos
Typhlosion, M, Lv52, Charcoal
Flame wheel, ember, smokescreen, swift

Angel
Dunsparce, M, Lv52, Pink bow
Rage, screech, glare, pursuit
- <3

WrathClaws
Ursaring, M, Lv52, King's rock
Slash, faint attack, lick, fury swipes

Sun
Graveller*, M, Lv52, Hard stone
Rock throw, defence curl, rollout, earthquake

BurningRed
Parasect, F, Lv52, Quick claw
Slash, spore, poisonpowder, leechlife

NeedeSile
Nidoking, M, LV52, Blackbelt
Strength, surf, double kick, focus energy

We went looking for a teddiursa and found Angel pretty promptly, so we caught him. He is amazing and awesome.
I am using him to beat up all the gyms.
We then spent quite a while longer training him and trying to find a teddiursa that wouldn't run off the second we hit it.
Got WrathClaws. He is a terrifying powerhouse who has 37 points of Attack on the next strongest (Sun) (180 to 143).
Eventually got to Union Cave, whereupon, having entered the second floor, we had our marowak/graveller question answered for us as we caught Sun.
We moved into Ilex Forest and caught BurningRed, and we trained.
Eventually, having plotted through the area, we moved on to Goldenrod, and eventually caught NeedeSile. Much later. After-we-got-sudowoodo later. After-we-fought-the-Kimono-Girls later.
Training and such.
We caught a Tauros for water travel until we got a moonstone... then realised that qwilfish was a better choice. So we went and got one of those, too.
We went and got a moonstone after we got the Fog badge, but trained until we were over level 36 before evolving NeedeSile.

Thus far we're training pre-Rising badge/eighth gym, having kicked Team Rocket out of the Radio Tower.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Update #6:
POKEMON SAPPHIRE
NUMBER OF BADGES: 6
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Username: Tim!
Game: Sapphire
Era: Medieval

(Optional) King Arthur: Your team must be based of Arthurian Characters
- I was wondering how you see this? Can you give an example maybe? :)

Also, you have banned types and "your team may consist of" - types. But there are also other types, may those be used or not?
What about a Swellow by example, it is normal/flying. Normal is a banned type but flying isn't mentioned? Other non-mentioned types together with types that are allowed is okay he? (ex. Crawdaunt)

Sorry for these questions, I must have missed some information somewhere I guess. :embarrass

regards

Tim!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

(Optional) King Arthur: Your team must be based of Arthurian Characters
- I was wondering how you see this? Can you give an example maybe? :)

Also, you have banned types and "your team may consist of" - types. But there are also other types, may those be used or not?
What about a Swellow by example, it is normal/flying. Normal is a banned type but flying isn't mentioned? Other non-mentioned types together with types that are allowed is okay he? (ex. Crawdaunt)

Sorry for these questions, I must have missed some information somewhere I guess. :embarrass

Well, the point of the types list for each Era is for the challenger to use those types that match the Era. Else, it wouldn't really be much of a challenge. So basically, if other types aren't mentioned, you don't use them. Unless they're dual-type and one of the types matches the Era.
As for the dual types with 1 type on the Era types list and one type on the Banned types list.... you can't use those.

Now on to the Arthurian Characters part xD
Basically, you have to choose Arthurian Characters from the list and find Pokémon that match the Era types that would be representative of the said characters. For example, let's say you chose King Arthur. You then think of a Pokémon that could represent King Arthur, like I don't know, let's say Escavalier. And you do that for the entire team.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Chapter 2: Dexter

Spoiler:

Chapter 1

Last edited:

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I would like to sign up for this challenge. My team shall conquer the future! Only problem is that I usually go with Treecko so this'll be quite the challenge...

Username: StinkomanFan
Game: Pokemon Ruby
Time Period: The Sci-Fi Like Future
I took Sci-Fi because only one other guy is going for it, if you're OK with that... Also, are Magnemites even found in Hoenn?

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Part One of the Sci-Fi Like Future
Spoiler:

See you tommorow!

Years
Well, the point of the types list for each Era is for the challenger to use those types that match the Era. Else, it wouldn't really be much of a challenge. So basically, if other types aren't mentioned, you don't use them. Unless they're dual-type and one of the types matches the Era.
As for the dual types with 1 type on the Era types list and one type on the Banned types list.... you can use those.

Basically, you have to choose Arthurian Characters from the list and find Pokémon that match the Era types that would be representative of the said characters. For example, let's say you chose King Arthur. You then think of a Pokémon that could represent King Arthur, like I don't know, let's say Escavalier. And you do that for the entire team.

All right, thank you alot for the information.

My entry.
Username: Tim!
Game: Sapphire
Era: Medieval

I'm going to find a team and start. :)

*edit*
Perhaps an idea for some extra ages:
- The Ice-age
- The Roman/Greek/Spartan/Persian age

Regards

Tim!

Warship

異議あり!
Years
As for the dual types with 1 type on the Era types list and one type on the Banned types list.... you can use those.

then what is the difference between banned types and non-mentioned types o_o? i mean if you can use a dual-typed pokemon whose type is normal/flying while normal is banned and flying is allowed what is the role of banned types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back