• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Did you create your account for ROM Hacking?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Yes.

I created my account so that I could ask questions about ROM hacking, as well as download the hacks.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I created my own account for posting the horrible modifications of pokemon crystal I made in fall 2008 (Crystal Redesign and later Crystal World). That's all about what goes into this thread I guess..

Trainer Jun

Team Rocket Veteran Trainer
Years
I started romhacking about a week or so ago. I joined this site because I was tired of reading through every thread to get information. I plan to help others with what I plan to learn. I'm also not too bad with scripting and troubleshooting. ASM, on the other hand...

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I've always lurked, but I did join purely for the hacking. I haven't posted any of my work on this site, however I have done hacks as requests for friends and my brother before. :P I've been hacking for 4 years now and yet I almost never have the drive to fully finish a hack though xD

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Yes, I really love Pokemon Hacking!
That's why I create my account on Pokecommunity!

That's all.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Yes, actually. I first joined because some of my tiles in a hack weren't changing no matter how I did in A-Map. That, or I was trying to get rid of the part where Bill takes you to the Sevii Islands and didn't know how to work map scripts.

I decided to stick around for ROM hacking too, because there's no other place where I can talk about ROM hacking to this extent.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
A mix of reasons, but yes, ROM hacking did play a part.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I actually struggled with the idea of registering. I already had everything I needed for Rom hacking from Wah, and I usally like to figure things out on my own. But after a while of searching the forum I released there were so many hackers that were better then me, that it would probably be beneficial if I joined, that way I could learn from a couple of them.

Years
I created my account because I love Pokemon! :D I did end up finding the ROM hacking section, and it did become the sole reason I kept coming here for quite a while!

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2017
It seems like a lot of people made their accounts for this reason, as did I. I am a big fan of Pokemon, but I guess the hacking is the only part I am into at the moment. Although I love nostalgia, I fell like this community has sucked me in to Pokemon to a whole new level - even if I am not too vocal about it ;)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Like most people that come here, the reason I joined up in the first place... was indeed to begin ROM hacking. But just think, when I first joined... I never even posted a thread anywhere on the forum... it was so long ago... waaaaay back to January 2008. My only purpose of joining at that time was to download ROM hacking tools, when I first noticed those tools... I noticed that this was the same forum that Carlos (aka Zel) showcased his ROM hack of FireRed called "Pokémon ShinyGold", it was a remake of Pokémon Gold.

You may have thought that I would've introduced myself and created my first thread upon joining, right? Wrong! I never even posted anywhere on the forum until April 1st, 2008, 'cause I wasn't open at that stage. It was only later in the year that I gradually opened up, 'cause I made new friends here on the forum.

So yeah, I might actually be working on a ROM hack, but it's very early... and I've only just inserted a few tiles. xD

I did indeed create my account only for the purpose of ROM hacking, so the answer to that is "yes". xD

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
When I first joined, it was to download romhacks like Pokémon ShinyGold. I joined in 2009, didn't make any active efforts until 2011 and now I'll make a rom hack.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2018
I did indeed. Pity the only thing I've asked so far hasn't been answered.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
For the most part I definitely joined mainly for the hacking part of the community, however I still enjoy the franchise (well only the games and the old TCG) so discussion on the franchise interests me as well. :) You'll probably see most of my posts here though since I love hacking. <3

Miikroniix

Hopeful Hacker
Years
Yes, I absolutely love ROM hacking, in fact I'm working on one, although i need some help with making battle sprites, as i suck at pixel editing. If anyone would like to partner with me i will give them credit.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
I joined after mooching off the forum's tutorials for a while, and still not finding the little simple answers I needed. The Simple answers thread has been a huge help.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Yes and no, when I was on youtube I looked at pokemon games I never seen, like Chaos Black. And I decided to play pokemon hacks,so I joined here to download stuff, I was twelve back then and I asked my parents for me to join, my dad thought it costed money so he said no, then I asked my mom and she said yes (I was very sneaky xD). Anyway, I played some hacks and then I decided to make one (which is still a work in progress).

TL/DR (Well not that long but still...): Yes and no. No because I first joined to play hacks then to make one and yes because playing hacks does have three sections (where all of them are showcased) which is in the rom hacking area. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen May 10, 2014
Yes. I have ideas for the hack I'm mworking on, though I'm not sure how many I can do.

Back