• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ Square-Enix Fanclub ☆★

Years
I've done quick runs through the games on lower difficulties if I just want the story quickly. I typically go with the hardest difficulty when I play any KH game but for the sake of a quick playthrough or if I'm playing for one reason alone (ie. a trophy), I'll play on something lower. :P

Though technically if you're a masochist I think you could do all the trophies on Proud anyway. (For example, I imagine you'd get the Beginner trophy for beating it on subsequent difficulties too, like in other KH games?)

. . .Whaaaaaat? GO HARD OR GO HOME!

But yeah you should be able to get most of the trophies in one playthrough, maybe two at max.

I've always ALWAYS played on the toughest difficulty possible NO MATTER WHAT! And there's only been one time when it's gotten too tough for me to handle and that was in Days where the final optional boss was this stupidly powerful dragon / wyvern thing which just inflicted loads of status effects with its overwhelmingly powerful attacks. Screw that.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
The only KH game I haven't beaten at the highest difficulty level is Re:Coded. :/ I played most of it on the hardest mode and then had to go down to standard by the end because I hated it so much and just wanted it to be over (and things were kicking my ass).

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I haven't beat Days or Re: Coded yet. On a sidenote though The World Ends With You's battle system is upsetting me because I can't seem to multitask between the touchscreen and the top screen.

Cherrim

Years
I think I generally just put on slashing pins and continuously slashed the bottom screen while I got accustomed to using the top screen and eventually you'll learn to balance the two so you can use less repetitive pins on the bottom. I've also had friends who just never touched the top screen, leaving it entirely to the CPU, and got through it just fine anyway, haha.

Years
The only KH game I haven't beaten at the highest difficulty level is Re:Coded. :/ I played most of it on the hardest mode and then had to go down to standard by the end because I hated it so much and just wanted it to be over (and things were kicking my ass).

Nah bro, I was MAN enough to get through ALL of that on the toughest difficulty. Even the 50 floor (I think it was 50 I can't remember) dungeon thing where you had to fight that wannabe Roxas at the end and then there were those red Defender guys who would kick the crap out of you if you weren't careful as well lol

Cid

Years
I've played through Days, BBS (Proud for the North American release, Critical for FM) and Re:CoM each in the highest difficulty available. I mean I'm proud of that (I'd try to Platinum KH 1.5 if I had it and the time, haha), but that barely scratches the surface. I'm trying to get myself to replay one of the numbered titles on their respective difficult modes, though! God, Mysterious Figure was already so damn hard to beat with Terra on Proud, taking many tries, so I think that in itself excuses me.

Nah, I wasn't serious. There are way more difficult secret bosses. Guys who beat those probably don't even care about me beating Mr. Time Shenanigans. XD;

Anyway, I actually only played Re:Coded on Standard and haven't replayed it yet. I thought I was gonna replay that game sometime in the future after I just beat it, but apparently it didn't have as much replay value to me as I thought it would. I mean I liked it a lot before (particularly the gameplay), but now... eh.

Re:Coded on the toughest difficulty is one hell of an accomplishment, Drakow. I dunno how you pushed through the little plot and motivation the overall story gives you to finish that game in Critical, but you did. I mean I never even tried fighting the bugged Data-Roxas secret boss thingo or experienced how tougher those big Defender guys with the shields were on with the difficulty cranked up to that level. Kudos, dude. Haha.

Speaking of Coded, though, rumors on KH 2.5 HD say that it'll contain II, Birth by Sleep and Coded. Probably the Final Mix versions for the first two... and a theater mode for Coded, I guess. Doesn't sound very appealing for the latter part, but finally getting to play II's Final Mix would be a blast! I just hope that Kingdom Hearts III doesn't dive into even deeper development hell with these rumors.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I think I generally just put on slashing pins and continuously slashed the bottom screen while I got accustomed to using the top screen and eventually you'll learn to balance the two so you can use less repetitive pins on the bottom. I've also had friends who just never touched the top screen, leaving it entirely to the CPU, and got through it just fine anyway, haha.

For now I'm just leaving the top screen to the CPU because it's easier on me. Though I had a hell of a time with the boss noise on Day five of the first week because of this until I remembered I had a healing pin.

@Cid; If rumor's true then I'd have so much with just Birth By Sleep by itself.

Cherrim

Years
Spoiler:

Nah bro, I was MAN enough to get through ALL of that on the toughest difficulty. Even the 50 floor (I think it was 50 I can't remember) dungeon thing where you had to fight that wannabe Roxas at the end and then there were those red Defender guys who would kick the crap out of you if you weren't careful as well lol
Yeah, I'm gonna say my level 1 run in BBS keeps my KH badass level high enough to excuse giving up on Coded at a decent difficulty level. (At least I finished it, though.) :(
Nah, I wasn't serious. There are way more difficult secret bosses. Guys who beat those probably don't even care about me beating Mr. Time Shenanigans. XD;
I dunno, I found MF pretty tough with Terra. Probably harder than a lot of bosses I've had to deal with in the series because Terra just didn't pay attention when Master Eraqus was teaching the dodge skills and has way less frames of invincibility than everyone else when sliding or else takes longer to go into his next slide--I forget which but MAN that fight is frustrating with him on hard difficulties. :(
Speaking of Coded, though, rumors on KH 2.5 HD say that it'll contain II, Birth by Sleep and Coded. Probably the Final Mix versions for the first two... and a theater mode for Coded, I guess. Doesn't sound very appealing for the latter part, but finally getting to play II's Final Mix would be a blast! I just hope that Kingdom Hearts III doesn't dive into even deeper development hell with these rumors.
I assume that's what it'll be, yeah, even if there are literally only 3 cutscenes in Re:Coded that have any lingering relevance to the series. >:/ I'm so excited for 2.5 otherwise though. I replayed Birth by Sleep over the last week so I can do a partial chronological run of the series since I'm starting KH1 again this weekend and everything. I love that game so much and at so many points during it, I kept thinking "this would be great if I could move the camera" or "wow this scene will look great in HD" (or "wow I bet maybe they'd even fix the lag and frame rate in Maleficent's castle!" but I'm not placing bets on that one :P).

I don't think large teams work on these at all. You have a few people doing the cutscenes (if they even need more than one person?) and then a few programmers fixing kinks that come from just porting the game over and upping the output resolution. Then the new texture artists... honestly, it's not a big crowd, I imagine. I don't think we have to worry about these games distracting from anything.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I really like that box art. If only my PSP wasn't broken so I could play through Birth By Sleep again. I have a Vita but I don't know if it happens on the Playstation Store or not.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I thought Sora only had that crown in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix?

Cherrim

Years
It's just decorative, on the cover. :P The KH1 art is based off the KH1 soundtrack's original cover art and he had a random crown on that too. I think KH2FM is the only game he gets one in-game for.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I really like Sora with the gold crown. I felt so awesome having that in KH2FM. I personally think If they add Kh2FM in Kh2.5 (Which I think they will) as for the trophy, I think Bronze Crown = Bronze Trophy, Silver Crown = Silver Crown, Gold Crown = Gold Trophy. I think that would be cool haha.

I finally got KH1.5 :) I am really enjoying it. So glad SE/PS is releasing this, (which there is no reason not to). Anyways I'm listening to Brother Bear music..I want a Brother Bear world, but one world I really want to be added in KH is the Atlantis: The Lost Empire. I think that world be really amazing!

Cherrim

Years
Anyone else really happy about the news that FFX HD is going to come out on PS3 instead of just Vita... AND it will be bundled with X-2 on PS3? I'm impressed they're doing both games instead of just the first. I secretly kind of like X-2 even better in some aspects so it'll be fun to play it again. I am pretty disappointed that the games won't be bundled on Vita though--I'd prefer to get them on Vita so I can play on the go but there's not much point if I'll get better value by buying the PS3 version.
I finally got KH1.5 :) I am really enjoying it. So glad SE/PS is releasing this, (which there is no reason not to). Anyways I'm listening to Brother Bear music..I want a Brother Bear world, but one world I really want to be added in KH is the Atlantis: The Lost Empire. I think that world be really amazing!
...I think you are literally the only person in my whole life I have ever seen mention Brother Bear in any sort of positive light. XD;

ソラ

Years
...I think you are literally the only person in my whole life I have ever seen mention Brother Bear in any sort of positive light. XD;

Yeah welll...I like brother bear. makes me cry everytime i see it D:

As for FFX+X-2 in HD yeeee, i like the idea, tho im not a fan of X (Im not saying I dont like it, I mean I like it, i mean im not a BIG fan). FF is never really my cup of tea, I mean i dont dislike it, or love it, I just like it. haha..if that makes sense.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I like the fact that FF X HD is going to come with FF X-2 for the PS3. I loved X-2's gameplay and remember spending enough time to get the game 100% complete a feat I could never think to accomplish for X. I read somewhere that it's going to be the International version of those games though. That'd be pretty neat because of the Dark Aeons. As for world's I'd like to see in KH I actually can't think of any but I would love it if more characters from older Final Fantasy titles would appear.

Cherrim

Years
Yup! Since the International Versions were the definitive versions for both games, those are the ones being redone in Japan. When it comes over here, as it definitely will since the series is so big here, it would be far more work to downgrade to the original FFX(-2) releases so we'll finally get the International Versions too. :D

I'm a little scared about FFX coming out again though. I wasn't a completionist back when I first played it but that's very much my playstyle nowadays. I'm worried I'll feel compelled to go for 100% in it and I dread getting all the ultimate weapons or whatever in FFX. ;_; It looks like so much work haha.

Cid

Years
That one teaser for FFX HD looked a bit underwhelming for me, though. :( I hope the game as a whole really looks touched upon because I'm not sure if they'd make it look good enough for people to buy it. I love FFX, and even though I still wish I could muster the attention span to play FFX-2, I'd still buy the bundle if I can (the International versions sound like pretty good deals). I just hope the lack of news means that they're working on it very profusely.

I'm glad I don't complete games as much as you do, Lightning. ;~; That's gonna be a huge undertaking for sure. I remember attempting to get Lulu's ultimate weapon with the number of lightning strike dodges at that one thunderstorm infested plain in the game, and I just gave up after screwing up twice.

In other news, I've watched all the new Days cutscenes on YouTube and I'm missing a lot of the mission-related parts (Lightning summed it up wonderfully, riiight here) as well as the emotion brought about by some of the boss battles. I wish they at least made some sort of effort to make the boss battles full-blown cutscenes...
Spoiler:

Years
Oh man, the only FF games I've fully completed are 12, 13 and 13-2 but excluding download content so ehhh guess that doesn't count. My brother completed X and X-2 though cause he's like user Lightning level hardcore gamer lmao.

ソラ

Years
Okay. So like FFX and FFX-2 got announced for a NA released. unknown if it is international or not I can't tell. but here is the source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...xx-2-hd-remaster-announced-for-north-america/ I mean we already knew they will localized this, but news with it being confirmed is nice!

Also, I don't if any of you seen this yet, but the English Trailer of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX came up. People complain about the lip sync, and framedrop, but remember this trailer is the japanese one, they just added the english track, but here it is

Spoiler:

Back