• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
A Idea for an RP (feel free to give input):

The basis of this RP is that you control a Nation in modern times, instead of just a character. Being in charge of this Nation, you make the diplomatic, social, military, cultural and economic decisions of your Nation. You can interact with other Nations as well. How RPing in this RP would work is that you would play as the more important people, such as politicians, economic heavyweights and military personnel. There would be no Pokemon in this RP, unless everyone wants them in it. There would be systems in place to have different sizes of countries as well. So, who's interested?

HETALIA? O.o I feel like I spelled it wrong... xD

Well, it depends on the nations: will we be allowed to choose our nations or will they be chosen for us? As in, we can only be Japan, America, or Canada rather than us just randomly picking Brazil and Thailand. XD

I'd probably be in. o.O Depends on the plot, though.

Ice.

Ice.
Years

HETALIA? O.o I feel like I spelled it wrong... xD

Well, it depends on the nations: will we be allowed to choose our nations or will they be chosen for us? As in, we can only be Japan, America, or Canada rather than us just randomly picking Brazil and Thailand. XD

I'd probably be in. o.O Depends on the plot, though.

Oops.. forgot to explain. We could go two ways with it either:

A) We control a pre-existing nation or

B) we create our own Nations and have them in a realm different than our world but still resembling modern times.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Oops.. forgot to explain. We could go two ways with it either:

A) We control a pre-existing nation or

B) we create our own Nations and have them in a realm different than our world but still resembling modern times.

Lol, creating new regions seems like a lotta work. But screw that. xD

For some reason having pre-existing regions didn't even cross my mind. d: I naturally assumed that we were going to make new regions xD

Anyways, as a Gm, you could also throw a few extra obstacles in, like internal conflicts, criticism, war, etc.

Ice.

Ice.
Years

Lol, creating new regions seems like a lotta work. But screw that. xD

For some reason having pre-existing regions didn't even cross my mind. d: I naturally assumed that we were going to make new regions xD

Anyways, as a Gm, you could also throw a few extra obstacles in, like internal conflicts, criticism, war, etc.

I think although it would require more work, creating your own Nations would be fun. I would expect every detail to be made. The thing with pre-existing nations is that we would have to play extremely accurately of who does what. Creating your own Nations would be more difficulty in the start, but in the end, it would even out do to not having to play the real-life country precisely. Just a thought.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

I think although it would require more work, creating your own Nations would be fun. I would expect every detail to be made. The thing with pre-existing nations is that we would have to play extremely accurately of who does what. Creating your own Nations would be more difficulty in the start, but in the end, it would even out do to not having to play the real-life country precisely. Just a thought.

Now that I've thought about it a lot more... I think this is going to be an insanely hard RP to maintain, lol. Not only would the GM and players have to take care of multiple characters playing together, but there is also the issue that one would have to take care of several departments of a nation as well.

Economy of the nations not only depend on the internal working, but on the other countries too. You'd have wars, then there would have to be natural disasters, conflicts, rebellions in the countries, the media, the police, there are so many things that are needed to make this work. In the end it looks like a Sim City RP.

Then there is also the trade, plus other important factors. There are so many things that have to be taken into view. I don't mean to be rude or anything though, and I'm not saying this is impossible, but rather difficult.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
DeepImpact is right. I've seen from personal experience that this type of RP is a lot more tedious for both roleplayer and GM alike to properly play out. /However/, that does not mean it will be either unpopular or impossible. There is a niche of roleplayer that really likes this sort of thing. Whether they are on this website is another question. You just might be able to pull this off with bit of luck, but you'll never know until you try~

Two problems to watch out for.
1) The people who like exploring the individual and the people who like exploring the masses are often not the same. You may very well have no audience here by sheer poor luck.

2) If you /do/ get the RP going your posts will generally be very large and both you and your members may be prone to confusing size for skill. Make no mistake if you allow people in your RP to start acting elitist it will repel potential joiners. This is quite a serious risk, as many RPers sometimes have difficulty accepting that post size is worthless alone, and is only worth the quality per sentence within it. A post that says a lot in little is always superior to a post that takes a lot to say a lot... unless of course it uses made up/obsolete words nobody reading understands.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I think it depends upon how 'real' the RP is. The more real it is, the more complicated it will be. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. People want their RPing to be fun, not a tedious job that they're being forced to take.

What could work, however, is if there is only one nation, and the different departments are head by the player. It's a lot more simpler, and then all relations/any other thing related to interacting with other nations can be handled by the GM. Plus, it'll make sure that a nation doesn't have everything, (ie, fertile land, oil, money, area, forests, lakes, mountains, etc) if the region is created by the GM himself. But it depends on you, I'm just throwing my ideas out there.

Roy-Chibi

ふういんのつるぎ
Years
Controlling nations than characters? While that seems interesting, it sounds like a lot of work to do. It also sounds intense, to point out. Although, the idea's decent, maybe if it was flourished out some more where others can understand. I wish I could create half as decent role-plays here. I wish I could join some, too I'm not a good role-play creator, but an intermediate RPer, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, would these nations be at war or recovering from a war? Just a rhetorical question being thrown out.

Ice.

Ice.
Years
DeepImpact is right. I've seen from personal experience that this type of RP is a lot more tedious for both roleplayer and GM alike to properly play out. /However/, that does not mean it will be either unpopular or impossible. There is a niche of roleplayer that really likes this sort of thing. Whether they are on this website is another question. You just might be able to pull this off with bit of luck, but you'll never know until you try~

Two problems to watch out for.
1) The people who like exploring the individual and the people who like exploring the masses are often not the same. You may very well have no audience here by sheer poor luck.

2) If you /do/ get the RP going your posts will generally be very large and both you and your members may be prone to confusing size for skill. Make no mistake if you allow people in your RP to start acting elitist it will repel potential joiners. This is quite a serious risk, as many RPers sometimes have difficulty accepting that post size is worthless alone, and is only worth the quality per sentence within it. A post that says a lot in little is always superior to a post that takes a lot to say a lot... unless of course it uses made up/obsolete words nobody reading understands.

I understand what you're talking about, but if you don't try for it, you'll never know. I am aware that it will take a lot of effort, which I am willing to provide. With the post length, I would understand that big posts would scare away newcomers. What would likely happen is that spots would be filled then the RP would start.

I think it depends upon how 'real' the RP is. The more real it is, the more complicated it will be. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. People want their RPing to be fun, not a tedious job that they're being forced to take.

What could work, however, is if there is only one nation, and the different departments are head by the player. It's a lot more simpler, and then all relations/any other thing related to interacting with other nations can be handled by the GM. Plus, it'll make sure that a nation doesn't have everything, (ie, fertile land, oil, money, area, forests, lakes, mountains, etc) if the region is created by the GM himself. But it depends on you, I'm just throwing my ideas out there.

The way I imagine it, the RP would be somewhat realistic in a way so that it would seem ready yet not be too difficult. A way I thought of for resource distribution is to draw up a map with equal resources, with divided borders, and letting RPers pick their land area.

Now that I've thought about it a lot more... I think this is going to be an insanely hard RP to maintain, lol. Not only would the GM and players have to take care of multiple characters playing together, but there is also the issue that one would have to take care of several departments of a nation as well.

Economy of the nations not only depend on the internal working, but on the other countries too. You'd have wars, then there would have to be natural disasters, conflicts, rebellions in the countries, the media, the police, there are so many things that are needed to make this work. In the end it looks like a Sim City RP.

Then there is also the trade, plus other important factors. There are so many things that have to be taken into view. I don't mean to be rude or anything though, and I'm not saying this is impossible, but rather difficult.

The economy system of the RP is something I'm still thinking up. The goal would be a system that is easy to understand yet customizable and realistic.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I'm starting to hear something about nations. What RP about nations are we talking about here?

A Idea for an RP (feel free to give input):

The basis of this RP is that you control a Nation in modern times, instead of just a character. Being in charge of this Nation, you make the diplomatic, social, military, cultural and economic decisions of your Nation. You can interact with other Nations as well. How RPing in this RP would work is that you would play as the more important people, such as politicians, economic heavyweights and military personnel. There would be no Pokemon in this RP, unless everyone wants them in it. There would be systems in place to have different sizes of countries as well. So, who's interested?

...You should probably read some of the posts here. The answer's right there. >_>;

Anyways, I look forward to seeing what you can make, Underground_Zephyr. Even though it's possible that I may not join (because I can't really take control of something as big as that, lol) but this is definitely something different that's come up in long time xD

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Underground_Zephyr if you're really building this thing then go for it..... I don't know if i'll join but we'll just see. Good luck cause you'll need it.
BTW, has anyone thought of making a Naruto RP??? It's one of the top anime around so i was just thinking

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
@Pokemonmaster_draco Hmmm, I was just thinking about the same thing. XD In my opinion, a Naruto RP would be quite awesome. But I have no idea about what should the RP be. I'm having no clues right now. :P Wonder if anybody else do so?

@Underground_Zephyr Go ahead and make the RP. My opinion was already voiced by others, unfortunately. (Thank you DEEPIMPACT!! lol jk) We'll just have to see if anybody would like to join such. I'll think about it too. :)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Underground_Zephyr if you're really building this thing then go for it..... I don't know if i'll join but we'll just see. Good luck cause you'll need it.
BTW, has anyone thought of making a Naruto RP??? It's one of the top anime around so i was just thinking

I'm pretty sure a lot of Naruto RPs have been made in the past (by past, I mean 2003-2004). I'm not sure, but I think I saw Naruto pop up a few times in the last pages of the RP Corner. You're free to make one once again, though. We need more RPs d:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Shameless self-promotion of my happily accepted post-apocalyptic Reason RP. It's a Pokémon & Shin Megami Tensei crossover; I tried to make it as familiar to Pokémon players as possible without losing the SMT mechanics. I'm pretty sure I failed at that, but otherwise I think it came out pretty well. ^^;

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I've seen a Naruto RP that never got off the ground. If anyone can make a Naruto RP, I would join it. I'm obviously a big fan. XD

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years

I'm pretty sure a lot of Naruto RPs have been made in the past (by past, I mean 2003-2004). I'm not sure, but I think I saw Naruto pop up a few times in the last pages of the RP Corner. You're free to make one once again, though. We need more RPs d:

I'd like to, but i don't have that much time to create one. Now that 'the war' is on it really has blown my mind off XD.!!! So does anyone want to start one. I'd really want to join one!!! Why don't you start one off deep impact?? Or any creative dudes,,.....like RHCP??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back