• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"There was a problem with your Pokemon and they could not participate."

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
I've received that message at every attempt to participate in Random Match-Up and I'm entirely clueless as to why. I've heard the following but none of them seem to make sense:

1. Your Pokemon know Sky Drop/Fly.
2. Your Pokemon have DW abilities that aren't available at this time.
3. Your Pokemon have hacked stats/movesets.

Well:

1. None of the Pokemon I've attempted to use know Fly or Sky Drop.
2. That's a bunch of crock because I've SEEN videos of people using DW Pokemon like Blaziken and Breloom.
3. I really hope this isn't it :( I've used EV and IV codes on my Pokemon, yes, but in the proper way (No 255 in any stats and certainly not in every stat).

If someone could please answer my question I'd greatly appreciate it. Here's the team I attempted to enter with:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=257543

Also, I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I've received that message at every attempt to participate in Random Match-Up and I'm entirely clueless as to why. I've heard the following but none of them seem to make sense:

1. Your Pokemon know Sky Drop/Fly.
2. Your Pokemon have DW abilities that aren't available at this time.
3. Your Pokemon have hacked stats/movesets.

Well:

1. None of the Pokemon I've attempted to use know Fly or Sky Drop.
2. That's a bunch of crock because I've SEEN videos of people using DW Pokemon like Blaziken and Breloom.
3. I really hope this isn't it :( I've used EV and IV codes on my Pokemon, yes, but in the proper way (No 255 in any stats and certainly not in every stat).

If someone could please answer my question I'd greatly appreciate it. Here's the team I attempted to enter with:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=257543

Also, I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.

It's not like the game is lying to you. Something is wrong with your team.

1. Double-check. That one's easy enough to prove false if it is.
2. Thing is, some of them are released, and some of them are not. Blaziken, for example, is released, but Breloom is not. However, you really can't tell if it's a Technician Breloom by eye alone, because they very well could be running Effect Spore for a random reason. And remember, random videos =/= Random Match-up all the time; it could have been two friends fighting for funsies.
3. I don't know if EV and IV codes count entirely but I'm pretty sure that's considered hacking. :( You'll have to do your breeding/training on your own, I'm afraid. You can hack for EV training items/Rare Candies, but beyond that, physically manipulating your Pokemon will probably get them counted as hacks.

It'd be best to post your team so we can see if any of the DW abilities are unreleased, though I'm strongly leaning towards the fact that you used EV and IV codes. (Plus 255 in a stat (or two) is perfectly legal although you're wasting a point, lol.)

edit: omg I totally didn't see that you posted your team lol :((((((

My bad! But what dragonomega says is right. I myself don't battle Wi-Fi so I didn't know for sure, lol. :x

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
It's because of Serperior and Blaziken.

Serperior has Contrary which is an un-released DW Ability, and Blaziken is female. When Torchic was given out it could only be male, which means that it can't breed, unless you hacked in a female Blaziken and used that to breed. But w/e Blaziken and Serperior are your problem. IV/EV Check code doesn't count as hacking so the random battle thing ignores it. I had one battle using the Random battle feature and I had all Pokemon that had Ev/IV check codes used on them.

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
31 IV's in each stat? ofc its gonna say ur hacking! (unless its not 31 ivs in each stat)

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
Years
It's not the hacking problem I think. All my Pokemon are hacked to have flawless IVs and preferred nature, and the EVs are given by either the 252 code (but not in every stat, I may be a hacker but I'm not a total jerk :/) or by training if it's somewhere like 198 or so.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
31 IV's in each stat? ofc its gonna say ur hacking! (unless its not 31 ivs in each stat)

Um what. You can get 31 in every stat (otherwise known as Flawless) without hacking.

It's called luck RNG abuse or Iv breeding.

Also. Have you ever tried looking at the dates on your Pokemon? If it's before the date of Black and Whites Japanese release it will consider them not eligible for random battle. It happened to me, because my Pokemon were from 2006.

Back