• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings!

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Hi, I'm Otamajakushi. Nice to meet you!

I suppose I should start by telling everyone a little about myself; I'll start with my username. My username, Otamajakushi (オタマジャクシ), is the Japanese word for 'tadpole' and is a direct reference to a character (Tamama) on a show I like (Keroro Gunso). The meaning doesn't really go beyond the reference, as am definitely not new to Pokemon. I'm 25, and have been playing Pokemon since December 1998. Besides Pokemon, some of the things I enjoy include: programming both for fun and for work, collecting/watching TV Shows, building things, and a good IPA.

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Red, which I've played extensively. My first Pokemon was a Charmander. Although it is not my favorite game, I still cherish the memories I had playing it. After that, I got Pokemon Silver and played that extensively as well. My starter was Cyndaquil. Fun fact, in an effort to preserve the save, I backed it up to my PC. I intend to replace the battery and put the save back on the cartridge eventually. Over the years, I kept up with Pokemon and played the main series games as they were released.

I am currently doing a self-made challenge where in I catch all the Pokemon in a specific manner with self-imposed rules. It's very much more complicated than that, but perhaps I'll save it for a "challenge" post. (Maybe not, actually!) I don't play competitively, but I do breed and raise competitive Pokemon. I have some trust issues, so I'll rarely battle or trade with anyone. Negativity aside, I hope to make some friends on here and maybe change that around.

Check out these fun facts:

All that said, I look forward to finding a place for myself here! I could talk all day about Pokemon, so I hope I found the right outlet for that.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Hiiii! Welcome to the PC ^^

Wow, I think I've seen that show a long time ago 0.0 Isn't the protagonist a green thing with a star on its belly???? Maybe I'm just confused .... Oh well xD
Good to see you've started playing with the first Pokémon Games haha! I just started with Platinum (my favourite Pokémon game), but I played all older and new generation games ^^ Hmmm, you're doing a challenge heh? I've never done one, but maybe one day I'll gain courage and start doing my first Nuzlocke ^^
Heeeey, I love gen 4 too (The Pokémon introduced in that Gen are absolutely amazing) ^^ Sinnoh it's my favourite Region! And heeeey my favourite Pokémon is Lucario too *-* <3 When I first saw it, I was like " I need that Pokémon .... NOW" ^^ And its Mega-Evolution? AMAZING ^^

But anyways, I really hope you like our friendly community here ^^ We have many topics to discuss, many trivia games to play, awesome events to be part of and much more, so gooo explooore this little world and have fun ^^

If you have any questions ... just ask ;)
Enjoy your stay! See you around ^^

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Hey Otamajakushi, welcome to PC :3

There are heaps of long-time Pokemon fans here, so it's great to meet them all. I started with Blue myself and like you I've been playing them all since then. My favourite region is Johto too! I have heaps of fond memories playing GSC as a kid; I just love the look and feel of the region as well as all the Pokemon introduced, and the fact that it was connected to Kanto was really cool as well. I might be a bit blinded by nostalgia but it's still a great region regardless ;)

Personally I'd love to hear about your challenge! It sounds quite unique :D

Glad to see yourself enjoying the forum, and hope you continue to do so! If you ever need any help or just want to chat, feel free to drop by my profile and leave me a message. But otherwise, I'll see you around! ^_^

Years
Hi there Otamajakushi! Your avatar is killer cute and almost makes me want to look into that series.... :( It really is adorable. Brownie points from me since I love cute things in that sort of style.

Wahey longtime fans! R/B weren't my favorite Pokémon games but they also hold some special memories given that they were my first as well. HeartGold/SoulSilver were also wonderful remakes even if I had some qualms with the games, like the overall slowness of battle animations and the PC box.. but things like the Pokéathlon and extensive content more than made up for it.

But don't worry about making friends, there really are a lot of amazing people here. You're welcome to talk to any one of us if you'd like to get to know some community members. I'm always down to provide some help in the chance that you're lost, too. Enjoy your time. [:

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
Years
Hello!! Nice list and I wish I could be a programmer someday.. xp
Also if you want to make friends here this is a great place! Plenty of friendly people to approach, and we also have a Showdown server with lots of friendly people! :) http://pokecommunity.psim.us/ drop by maybe sometime :D

Back