• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
When I watched GCPM11's X & Y Countdown today he showed us a full list of the Pokémon of Gen. VI. He didn't mention a source and I believe it is fake. Names are so hnrealistic and there are over 17 Legendaries. That's just ridiculous. I try to find the list on tge internet to post it here.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How do you know that's an observatory? I thought it looked similar to Pokémon Colcsseum's Realgam Tower, so maybe that structure could somehow contain the region's Battle Tower that the third version or sequel pair usually turns into a Battle Frontier? But then again, Generation V just had the Battle Subway…
I was referring to it's real life counterpart, which is an observatory I believe. Who knows at this point what it may be...

A list...is that list the fake one we got awhile ago? 17 legendaries...I certainly hope the real list doesn't have that many...

C.Harlow

The Pirate Cowboy ..!
Years
To be honest with you .. i dont look very excited about the new Pokémon game Y and X.. I mean.. theyve put it 3D .. and .. i dunno why i dont like it at all .. its like if it removes all the fun and "view" on all the previous Pokémon games .. =p

Years
Speaking of April, we only have a week left of this month! 23 days until the official release of Corocoro's next issue...maybe Pokémon Smash or the official site will have release something early like Smash did this time around.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
When I watched GCPM11's X & Y Countdown today he showed us a full list of the Pokémon of Gen. VI. He didn't mention a source and I believe it is fake. Names are so hnrealistic and there are over 17 Legendaries. That's just ridiculous. I try to find the list on tge internet to post it here.

I would not believe anybody that releases a full Pokedex at this point. Mr XY did the same thing and we all know that was fake.

Years
Do you guys think these games will have lots of news in the long run? I looked back at Serebii's pre release new Pokémon page for Generation V and a lot of the Pokémon were released shortly after, like there's two or more per month after the games announcement in May. Or perhaps GF and Nintendo just unveiled XY a little too early...and that explains why the info is stretched though a longer period of time as it's not that much.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd be happy with even one thing announced each month. March was disappointing because we got absolutely nothing, January and February we got a lot, and this month we got news of the new Mewtwo form. I'd be happy just to settle with one tidbit of information a month, along with hints of stuff to come.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
The less info I have, the less I anticipate it, the faster it will be here. That could be good, but I prefer to be excited and build that anxious feeling :) I would like to have a little info a month at least. I don't want the games completely spelled out for me and ruined, but I want something!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Can you link it? They may be fake, but still fun to look at.

blue

gucci
Years
I don't think we'll have much news, if any in May.. we just had the Mewtwo announcement this month and they seem to be keeping quiet about these games. I'd bank on the summer months when more details will start to flow, even more so closer to the release date in October.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The less info I have, the less I anticipate it, the faster it will be here. That could be good, but I prefer to be excited and build that anxious feeling :) I would like to have a little info a month at least. I don't want the games completely spelled out for me and ruined, but I want something!

But then there will be people who complained about more info on XY before they get the game, because they think one trailer and nothing else to reveal is enough to build so much happen, at least according to a popular youtube ranter when he made a negative review on Brawl for not being the game he wants it to be and for being spoiled by the info before the game's release, making him less hyped.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I would not believe anybody that releases a full Pokedex at this point. Mr XY did the same thing and we all know that was fake.
It was the release of his Pokédex for his latest hack, "Pokémon Gotcha".

Cyclone

(Yes, I was going for the sarcastic joke here.)

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder if Pokemon X & Y sales can pick up the slack from the slump in Wii U Sales? According to Bloomberg, Nintendo are having financial issues.
http://www.examiner.com/article/pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-publisher-suffering-from-financial-issues

Well, with May being the first summer month (more or less? At least, I consider it a summer month), it carries a probability of CoroCoro/Pokemon Smash releasing something quite interesting, though of course there's no guarantees. Though like Jake said, I'd be happy with just about any bit of information at this point.

Yeah, I'm just thinking the closer we get to the release could be the time when more information starts circulating.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The biggest issue causing the Wii U sales is the lack of any real notable games. Once they get some out (like a new Mario, Zelda, or such), they'll be fine. Besides, X/Y will boost their profits anyways, so I wouldn't be too worried.

On the topic of data releasing, the summer months usually hold a plethora of information, so here's hoping!

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
But then there will be people who complained about more info on XY before they get the game, because they think one trailer and nothing else to reveal is enough to build so much happen, at least according to a popular youtube ranter when he made a negative review on Brawl for not being the game he wants it to be and for being spoiled by the info before the game's release, making him less hyped.

That's just stupid. It's not like you have to pay attention to the stuff being leaked/announced. Who is this "popular youtuber"?

I wonder if Pokemon X & Y sales can pick up the slack from the slump in Wii U Sales? According to Bloomberg, Nintendo are having financial issues.
http://www.examiner.com/article/pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-publisher-suffering-from-financial-issues

The Wii U has two huge problems one is a lack of new games. The second is horrid loading times.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I have my fingers crossed that May will be the beginning of some real X/Y news as we head closer into the summer (or winter, depending on where you live) months. Also, whatever new Pokémon they decide to reveal next, I'm really hoping it's something new and native to the new region and not connected to anything from previous generations. Those are always a bit more fun to talk about in my opinion.

His name is RandomDCE, and he also ranted about Pokemon being the same old same old and wants the core gameplay changed.
If he's tired of the same old, same old then he should spend some more time playing the spin-off games. Those are different. Otherwise, I don't see GameFreak changing the core game-play of the main series anytime soon. It has worked for them for almost twenty years, why change it now?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm still waiting for a link to the fakery. Anyone have it?

Also, the "Fairy" type release that someone rumoured was happening "today" didn't happen, so yeah. Credibility lost.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back