• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Spoiler:

What im trying to do is to create a kyogre battle, you talk to the sprite, kyogre Grr's in a basic text box, you battle a level 70 kyogre, and then when you kill/capture, it vanishes.

But whenever i get into a battle, all that appears is a missigno. Help please.

Sorry, this is my first time i have ever tried scripting anything that isn't a basic message.
Kyogre's number is NOT 404. I'll bold my changes...
That should fix it.

@manec, you need to use \ slashes, not /.

@falcossj, it would be:
warp 0x4 0x2 0x1 0xX 0xX
Replace the Xs with the x/y coordinates of where you want the character to end up, and put a warp (warp 1) there as well (though I'm not entirely convinced this last step is necessary, I haven't checked).

@Q-Bone... Kyogre's hex number is 17E, not 194...
At least, that's how my XSE calculator spat it out.

Btw, I just managed to insert Dialga into my game... only when I wrote a test script, where someone gave him to me, it was an Illumise. I've checked, and my numbers are right. I'm using the hex number for 387 to define Dialga (NOTE: I have not yet given him a cry or icon). Also, I can't seem to edit his pokedex entry. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
he dosent have to depending on the way he wants the message he can use \ \n or \p there are more but those are the ones I mainly use
Interesting... I never knew that. How does \ differ from the other commands?
Oh, and the tutorial is for something completely different. I'll ask the question one more time:
Does anyone know why my hack suddenly decided to just go to a blank blue screen after the intro?
If not, I'll probably just have to start over...
Oh, and I'd also appreciate it if someone could help me out with the problem I listed above.
Thanks.

emokitty

Pokemon Xeno Creator
Years
ok guys I know this is not a Script Requesting board, but I need to know the offset for the beginning scene, with professer oak (Fire Red). If someone could at least point me in the direction of a Script Requesting Board that would be great. Thanks

Years
ok guys I know this is not a Script Requesting board, but I need to know the offset for the beginning scene, with professer oak (Fire Red). If someone could at least point me in the direction of a Script Requesting Board that would be great. Thanks
You can find it in A-Text.Search for it(text) then copy the "Script Offset".

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Or you could just open the rom in A-map. The script comes in several parts; the script tiles at the exit from Pallet, the level script in Oak's lab, and the scripts of the starter's pokeballs. Just check those scripts and figure out which one you need.

About my own problem...
I'm almost certain that the level script isn't the problem. I've had that in place for a while, and it was working fine before. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure when this problem started, as before now I was just loading a save game instead of waiting through the whole intro...

Last edited:

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Can anybody tell me how to move the camera in Fire Red with XSE. I think it's 'applymovement' but I don't know the '#raw's.

Jad

Pokemon And Megaman Fan
Years
#org @start
lockall
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @move
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
releaseall
end

#org @move
#raw
here it is i guess
long time since me scripted

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
#org @start
lockall
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @move
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
releaseall
end

#org @move
#raw
here it is i guess
long time since me scripted

Yes, but what are the commands to make the camera move?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Can anybody tell me how to move the camera in Fire Red with XSE. I think it's 'applymovement' but I don't know the '#raw's.
Cooley made a tutorial for this, callled "The Secret of the Move Camera Script." Look it up.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2009
Hello,

I have manages to delete the credit of the end, and the reset which goes with, on the other hand, now I have a many bugs.
Music and sounds which deceive more, bugs of display (characters and tiles), somebody knows why, and especially, how can it be done?

Thank you:)

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
I have one question that I could never do even if it is extremely basic, but... How do you compile more than one level (two different people) script without them messing up the other?

Years
I dunno.
I have a problem

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back