• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Tower Tag Team Event (Fourth Generation)

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
battletowerheader.png

Hosted by Kip and co-hosted by Desitiny Demon

Dust off your Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver cartridges, grab a partner and go for the longest winning streak in Pokémon history! The aim is simple - assemble your Pokémon, team up with another user, enter the Battle Tower... and survive. How long can you hold out?

That's right! Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to get the longest running winning streak at the formidable Battle Tower. But you're not alone - you must partner up with someone to form the ultimate Tag Team to take 'em all on!

The Event has been extended with the rest of GT8 to Thursday 21st July!

This Event is NOT open to Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl
, since they do not have Battle Tower Wi-Fi capabilities.
You may only use Platinum, HeartGold or SoulSilver.

howdoesitwork.png

1. Sign up using the registration form below, and wait until you have been assigned a participant number (either by myself or DestinyDemon depending on the time).

2a. If you know who you are to be partnered up with, put their username down and you will go on the 'To Be Confirmed' list until your partner registers as well.

2b. If you do not already have a partner, your name will be added to the 'Seeking Partner' list, and await someone to join you.

3. Once both your names are on the 'Battle List' (NOT BEFORE), and you have received a partner number, you may start trying for your winning streak!

4. Every time you clear 7 battles, use the report and confirmation system below to update your score. Your points will not count unless you use this system. (Anyone who's participated with the Egg Swap will be familiar with it).

5. Once you lose, you must post your score and indicate that your streak is over.

rulesob.png

• Battle Tower forbids certain Pokémon from entering anyway, but in the interests of fairness, the following Pokémon MAY NOT be allowed to enter:

Ani493MS.png
Arceus
Ani144MS.png
Articuno
Ani251MS.png
Celebi
Ani491MS.png
Darkrai
Ani386MS.png
Deoxys (all formes)
Ani483MS.png
Dialga
Ani244MS.png
Entei
Ani445MS.png
Garchomp
Ani487MS.png
Giratina (all formes)
Ani383MS.png
Groudon
Ani250MS.png
Ho-oh
Ani382MS.png
Kyogre
Ani380MS.png
Latias
Ani381MS.png
Latios
Ani249MS.png
Lugia
Ani490MS.png
Manaphy
Ani146MS.png
Moltres
Ani151MS.png
Mew
Ani150MS.png
Mewtwo
Ani484MS.png
Palkia
Ani384MS.png
Rayquaza
Ani243MS.png
Raikou
Ani479MS.png
Rotom (all formes)
Ani373MS.png
Salamence
Ani492MS.png
Shaymin (all formes)
Ani245MS.png
Suicune
Ani202MS.png
Wobbuffet
Ani360MS.png
Wynaut
Ani145MS.png
Zapdos

Anyone suspected of using a Pokémon on this list that is permitted by Battle Tower will be disqualified from this event. Official Battle Tower rules also excludes Pokémon who are holding the same item and certain other items.

• The event will run from the 15th to the 18th of July. You may not start any new battle blocks after you see a 'Cease Battling' confirmation (exact time to be arranged), however, you may finish a battle you have already started. Any reports or confirmations after the 'Scoreboard Cut-off' post will not be counted.

• You may not partner up with yourself under an alt account. That would be stupid.

• Cheating will not be tolerated. Do not boost your score or hide the fact that you lost. Anyone suspected of this activity will be disqualified from this and any future Battle Tower events.

• You MUST post every 7 wins (a block). Don't let it go 14 (two blocks) or 21 (three blocks) etc before you post. Your score will be reset if you fail to post every time you clear 7 battles and your points will not count.

• Once you have partnered up, you MUST stick with your partner throughout the event. You may not put in a request to change your partner (though this may be available in future events, see FAQ below). So remember to think very carefully before choosing!

• You MUST follow correct procedure (as outlined in the FAQ). This is to keep everything working smoothly and avoid any confusion. You may have to wait until either of us (or just me in the case of score resets) to come back online until it is resolved - please be patient. You will risk disqualification if you start to battle again without the go ahead from either me or Destiny Demon where appropriate.

• You may only use ONE game throughout this event. You cannot switch to a different game pack, even if you are switching partners or resetting your score.

• This Event is for Pokémon Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver ONLY. Since the Battle Subway does not have a live Wi-Fi option and Diamond and Pearl do not have Battle Frontier, these games cannot be used.

faqzs.png

I want to change my partner!

Since this is the first time we are holding this event, we are not allowing you to change partners at this time (which means once you are partnered up you have to stick with them). Depending on how the event plays out, we may allow partner switching in the future. Please bear in mind that we're as new to this as you guys are, and we need to walk before we can run.

We want to start our streak again!

If you lose a battle and wish to try for a longer winning streak, you both must contact me (not Destiny Demon) by PM confirming you wish to do so. Please bear in mind that your score will be reset to zero and you will lose your previous streak - that's the gamble.

I want to partner up with someone on the Seeking List!

Firstly, you must register as 'Seeking' and receive a participant number. You then need to ask the person via. VM or PM if they would like to partner up with you. Please do not ask in the thread. If they do, you must both send a PM to myself or Destiny Demon confirming this. You must wait until you have a partner number in order to proceed.

I want to change my Pokémon party during a streak!

You may change your Pokémon party at any time, but only after a block of 7 wins. You may not interrupt a challenge to change your party, as this will count as a loss.

We've had some connection problems and our game was cut off mid-way through a challenge. What can we do?

I feel as bad about this as you do, but you must appreciate this is a logistically complex event to run. If this unfortunate incident occurs you will have to start that 7 win streak again, since we will only accept a streak of 7 wins at a time. If you wish to end your win streak at the point at where you disconnected, you may do so, but bear in mind that this will count as a loss and you will not be able to continue. (For example, you clear 4 games and the connection drops out - you can either start that 7-block win streak again or submit it as a 4 win block and end your current streak.) Please do not inform us of any connection issues in your posts, as this will make things needlessly complicated. If you have any issues, please PM us.

Can I play offline using a CPU partner?

This event, as with many of the events in GT8, is designed for you to meet new people and battle alongside them as a team, and using a CPU player would kind of defeat the point. Access to the Internet via your DS or 3DS is a requirement of this event, and if you do not have it then you are not eligible for entry. Sorry about that. :(

What's the difference between a Partner Number and a Participant Number?

A Participant Number is issued to YOU, and it identifies YOU in the event. It is indicated by a hash sign (#). Eg. #001.

A Partner Number identifies you AND your partner as a team. It is indicated by a capital P. Eg. P001.

We issue these numbers so we can easily keep track of your scores, since it's really difficult to keep finding different usernames. Please remember to quote the correct numbers, or you risk loss of your score.

What's a 'battle block'?

A 'battle block' (shortened to 'block') is a successfully completed 7-win streak.

sigbannerj.png

Here's a nifty little banner that you can put in your sig for the Event. If you want to that is. :P

Partner up and battle hard for the longest win streak! Now live in GT8!

HTML:
[CENTER][URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=257187][IMG]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/929/tagteambanner.png[/IMG][/URL]
[B][SIZE=1]Partner up and battle hard for the longest win streak! Now live in GT[COLOR="red"]8[/COLOR]![/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
emblems.png

Here are the emblems you and your partner could get!

1stplacet.png

Get the largest win streak!

3rdplacen.png

Get the third largest win streak.

2rdplace.png

Get to second largest win streak.

participant.png

Participate at least once with a partner (have at least 1 point).

registrationz.png

This Event is NOT open to Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl​
, since they do not have Battle Tower Wi-Fi capabilities.
You may only use Platinum, HeartGold or SoulSilver.​

If you are the first out of your pair to register or if you are seeking a partner:

Username: Your PC Username
Game: The game you will be battling with
Friend Code: Your Friend Code
Partner: Your Partner's PC Username (if seeking, put SEEKING PARTNER in capital letters)

If your partner has already registered:

Game: The game you will be battling with
Friend Code: Your Friend Code
Partner: QUOTE your partner's post. If you do not quote their post, you will not be confirmed. Go back and edit the post if needs be.

reportlm.png

If you are the first to post:

Partner Number: Your assigned partner number.

Cleared (number of consecutive wins) battles.
Win streak over. (if applicable)

If you are second to post:

QUOTE OF THE FIRST REPORT POST.

Confirmed. Cleared (number of consecutive wins) battles.
Confirmed win streak over. (if applicable)

Be warned that if you do not follow these report post accurately, your points may not be counted. Always remember to QUOTE the report post if you post second, and go back and edit it if needs be. It will be best if you organise which one of you post first to save any confusion.

==NOTE: If Destiny Demon is currently in charge of Participants, check his posts for the most up-to-date information. The Scores will be updated whenever I am next online.==

seekingq.png

Participant Number • Username • Game • Friendcode

#002 • ♪Twiggy♪HeartGold5114 4615 7706

tobeconfirmed.png

Participant Number • Username • Game • Friendcode • Awaiting Confirmation From

battlelist.png

Partner Number • Usernames • Game(s) • Score

Partners indicated with RS(number) have reset their score that amount of times.
Partners whose score is in Green have finished their win streak.

(No-one yet :()

IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, PLEASE PM EITHER MYSELF OF DESTINY DEMON BEFORE YOU PROCEED.
It's best to get things clear and straight before you start - we will not mind in the slightest. The system is a little complex but it is by far the fairest so far as points accuracy is concerned.

Custom Dawn and Lucas GBC sprites were created by Devicho of The Spriters Resource.
Credit also goes to the various spriters that site that took the time to rip all the Pokémon sprites on the same site.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
...so we can sign up?
Awesome! I love the idea.

Username: Impo
Game: Pokemon Heart Gold
Friend Code: 1763 8673 2133

Partner: SEEKING PARTNER

---
there! all info's there!

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Seeking List Updated!

Welcome to Impo! Though he needs a partner - we need more sign ups! :D

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
...so we can sign up?
Awesome! I love the idea.

Username: Impo
Game: Pokemon Heart Gold
Friend Code: 1763 8673 2133

Partner: SEEKING PARTNER

---
there! all info's there!

Game: HeartGold
Friend Code: 5114 4615 7706

I'm cooming!

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Seeking List Updated!
Battle List Updated!

Twiggy & Impo are our first team ever! :) Good luck guys!

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Is this singles or doubles?

It's a Tag Battle, so it will always be doubles.

It would be nice if we can get some more pairs going. But at this rate we might have to try and hold this again after GT8.

Also - Impo and Twiggy - you need to battle at least once to get an emblem.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

It's a Tag Battle, so it will always be doubles.

It would be nice if we can get some more pairs going. But at this rate we might have to try and hold this again after GT8.

Also - Impo and Twiggy - you need to battle at least once to get an emblem.

I realise this, but... I think the whole thing's not happening now. I'm afraid that I'll have to seek a new partner... FAST! Why? Check my profile - Impo can't get on anymore.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Just a note to say that, despite nothing happening yet, this event will be extended with the rest of GT8 to Thursday, 21st July 23:59 EDT (Friday, 22nd July 03:59 GMT).

So if anyone wants to enter, please do!

Back