• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina!

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Really amazing, everywhere I go I just get more amazed at how beautiful it is.
Just a couple of things, I'm wondering if uproar will be a sound attack and what attacks are sound type?
Also a small spelling error I thought I'd report:
58c8y.jpg

Thanks ^^ about uproar, I'll change it the next alpha I saw that these attacks are still normal. About the spelling error, fixed! =3

I am stuck in the forest it says I do not have enough pokemon to proceed and that I have to capture 1 wild pokemon so I did and its still not letting me pass

Well It's really simple capture a POKéMON and keep it in your party! That script contains a count POKéMON script that will allow you to pass when you got 2 POKéMON in your party!

Now this is awesome!
Finally Dark Cry has alpha!
I can't wait to start playing... Mitchel you did oustanding job in these two years and I congratulate you on this outcome =)

Thanks ash493, have fun playing the first world wide alpha!

Where can I find first Gym Leader???

Go to the gym entery at Atlernion city and a "bug catcher" will walk to you! He'll explain where she might can be found! Good luck! =D
----------------------------------------
Mitchel1

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
I did catch another pokemon and it still would not let me through and also the path that led me there disappeared so I can't get to the gym leader

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Did I need to complete a mission?

No that is not needed, it should work.

Alo123: hmm try it with only 2 pokemon in your team. About the path, that should be right read the 'fun knowladge from dc: tlog' collum it says: areas could have been changed by morning, day, afternoon, evening and night....

Last edited:

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
This looks incredible! How do you change the head sprite on the mini-map?

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
When I walked off of route 601(I had gone back, this wasn't the first time) the tiles on the news stand glitched
5npxz7.png

Also I can only find one (main) path in Purity forest. Is there a way I'm missing or another entrance.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
When I walked off of route 601(I had gone back, this wasn't the first time) the tiles on the news stand glitched
5npxz7.png

Also I can only find one (main) path in Purity forest. Is there a way I'm missing or another entrance.

Thanks for that report, I have fixed this problem =3
About purity forest, it contains one main road what might could change between 5pm (17.00) and 6pm (18.00)

Off-topic:
For everyone else who has tried this hack, did someone reached the first gym and beat all 6 side quests? =3

On-topic
I'm going on a well deserved vacation for the comming 2 weeks. This thread will stay online so bugs could be reported. I hope you'll all enjoy this hack and 'till 2 weeks! Cheers!
----------------------------
Mitchel1

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Okay thank you for the hint there (changed my computer clock I'm usually not on 5-6)
However the count script doesn't work(like someone said before) so I had to use a walk through walls cheat. I really loved the team rocket scene and the whole classic feel of it.
However I did find some grammar errors with no capital at the beginning of sentences
There
dff6rk.png

and here
dhajbl.png

Also in the battle with team rocket the pallet kept flashing.
(I hope I'm being helpful not annoying)

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
About the count script it will only work if you have exactly two pokemon
you can't have more or less

Years
My starter it Pichu. Man, I must say Its quite a hard game. I got some error/bug.

1.png

The Bed tiles kinda cut off when you go to bed.

2.png

Mom OW doesn't have walking frame. Its looks like she is sliding instead of walking O_o

3.png

Wean I select an item its icon go Black.

4.png

I'm not sure its a bug or not but when u walk on grass, the grass looks to bright green.

5.png

I think you should move this news building a lil bit further or this will happen I you enter this area.

Well, I just played a little. I am now sleeping in an old man house and Dreaming (in game though..).
I'll post more bug if I find some.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
please help i don't know how to download the patch

Its on the first Page o.o Download it ,Find a FireRed Gba file, Patch it with LIPS and play it.
If you honestly can't find it use ctrl+f look for "Alpha 1.0.5 released:" without the quotes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
Its on the first Page o.o Download it ,Find a FireRed Gba file, Patch it with LIPS and play it.
If you honestly can't find it use ctrl+f look for "Alpha 1.0.5 released:" without the quotes.
i clicked it a 100 times but it gets me to the release post and the only link or attachment i could find is to vba 1.8.0 beta 3

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Okay thank you for the hint there (changed my computer clock I'm usually not on 5-6)
However the count script doesn't work(like someone said before) so I had to use a walk through walls cheat. I really loved the team rocket scene and the whole classic feel of it.
However I did find some grammar errors with no capital at the beginning of sentences
There
dff6rk.png

and here
dhajbl.png

Also in the battle with team rocket the pallet kept flashing.
(I hope I'm being helpful not annoying)

Great to hear you've managed to find the main path ^^ Anyhow thanks for reporting I know about the many grammar errors and I wish I could resolve it but the translator has been booted out. About the flashing, I did encounter it aswell. It only appears at double battles and it seems like it has something to do with the D/N in-battle pallet change. Might I could resolve it in the near future! No It's okay, reporting is better than be silent. =3

My starter it Pichu. Man, I must say Its quite a hard game. I got some error/bug.

1.png

The Bed tiles kinda cut off when you go to bed.

2.png

Mom OW doesn't have walking frame. Its looks like she is sliding instead of walking O_o

3.png

Wean I select an item its icon go Black.

4.png

I'm not sure its a bug or not but when u walk on grass, the grass looks to bright green.

5.png

I think you should move this news building a lil bit further or this will happen I you enter this area.

Well, I just played a little. I am now sleeping in an old man house and Dreaming (in game though..).
I'll post more bug if I find some.

I know the game is really hard if you play with Pichu, and I would like to apologize for the hard trainer "Super Nerd Gary". Magnamite isn't easy but it's possible when you capture some different POKéMON so thats why it's inserted this way.
This is actually the difficulty level:

Grass: Medium
Water: Medium
Fire: Easy
Electric: Hard

Bugs and Glitches

1) Bed seems like a simple block premission bug. I'll take a look when I return to Holland!

2)Mom OW I couldn't help, better complain to Nintendo for not making a walking frame. xD It could be solved easily but I aint that great with pixel art to create the walking frames.

3)Has been reported already before release (Check bug/glitches list)
Bag layout seems like to change color after selecting a item

4)The grass isn't a bug, FR/LG roms doesn't support a 9-tile grass animation. The only grass animation from FR/LG has been changed into this.

5)Bug has been reported by Rayce and has been recently fixed!

Have fun further in dark cry: TLoG =3!

i clicked it a 100 times but it gets me to the release post and the only link or attachment i could find is to vba 1.8.0 beta 3

Erhm... What's so hard to click on the hugh, blue download button =S

Off-topic:
Anyhow I've sended this message from the beautiful country Croatia! I'm now going to enjoy the weather and have a great time with my girl since it rained this morning. 'till 2 weeks people, cheers! =3
-----------------------------------------
Mitchel1

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Well that count pokemon glitch it very important because it's the only way to get to the gym.
See I have 5 pokemon in my team:
4kfjpz.png

But I still get the message:
14ieu4h.png

Before you said:
Well It's really simple capture a POKéMON and keep it in your party! That script contains a count POKéMON script that will allow you to pass when you got 2 POKéMON in your party!
This is the only way through. I was able to only because I used a walk through walls cheat.
There must be a minor script glitch here, but it's very important to fix next time you get a chance because you will get many complaints wondering what to do because they can't get through

Back