• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Thanks, i'll pm a mod to take it down.

Here's a screenshot of a foggy area:

capture247tx9.png

Does it look familiar?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
So you're going to implement the weather system? Well, I'm sure it will make your game better and more addictive to play. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the release of that pre-beta. Just curious how good this game is already... Have a good day!

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Awesome! I haven't posted in a while, have I? xD

Great Weather Station Script! I can't wait to see who that extra part belongs too! xD

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Thanks. The beta-release is coming soon. At this moment I am fixing up bugs, sprites, and music.
Here are the contents of the beta:
Arrival at citric beach
meeting with oak
rival battle
1st gym
galactic event
weather machine event.
I might have missed out a couple of things but you'll see when you get to play it.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Yeah it's possible to go to hoenn after you beat the ryen pokemon league.
I've already included a hoenn and kanto map.
Here they are:
capture248tp7.png

capture249yh9.png

If anyone wanted to know i'm going to be using the g/s/c maps for kanto.
Thanks to HOF for providing the kanto maps, I'm almost finished mapping kanto!

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
No, no johto. Adding in to many regions would mean having to change the levels of the pokemon and trainers. The 2 main regions will be ryen and hoenn. kanto will be more of a battle fronteir.

Update!
I just finished making the subway.
It's based off the train in g/s/c.
Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paK9HwwvHc0

Screens:

capture256un5.png

capture259cy7.png

capture260fi3.png

I know it looks slow in the video but that's just the hypercam. It looks a lot better in-game!

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
No, no johto. Adding in to many regions would mean having to change the levels of the pokemon and trainers. The 2 main regions will be ryen and hoenn. kanto will be more of a battle fronteir.

Update!
I just finished making the subway.
It's based off the train in g/s/c.
Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paK9HwwvHc0

Screens:

capture256un5.png

capture259cy7.png

capture260fi3.png

I know it looks slow in the video but that's just the hypercam. It looks a lot better in-game!

Excellent video and screenshots! It's great that you manage to make the animation for the train event so please keep this up. I already saw someone voting for your game to be the best fan game in Game Development Forum so I can see the potential of this project indeed. Have a good day and I'm looking forward to seeing the demo.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Haha nice! Well if kanto would be a battle frontier sort of thing that would mean 3 regions. You can replace the gyms with them and instead of calling it kanto um it could be the frontier of battaling. A large land for master trainers with 16 badges to take place in battles in all types of lands. Cities islands forests mountains ports etc. Get me?

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Haha nice! Well if kanto would be a battle frontier sort of thing that would mean 3 regions. You can replace the gyms with them and instead of calling it kanto um it could be the frontier of battaling. A large land for master trainers with 16 badges to take place in battles in all types of lands. Cities islands forests mountains ports etc. Get me?
Yeah i get it but i'm going to make the battle fronteir in kanto like they did in the anime.
The many battle facilities will be scattered throughought kanto.

Last edited:

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Sorry, it's going to be 16 badges and all symbols of the Battle fronteir.
The story actually takes place after you become champion of the kanto league so what would be the point of battling the kanto gyms again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back