• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina!

helmy96

Now planning a hack, nid help
Years
Damn I'm so excited! If only gba roms support more colours... the DNS would give a perfect rendition of the time of day!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
YAY! UPDATE!

I'm glad we're close to a release! I can't wait to try it! :) What's the minigame with the hammer in it? Is it like a mining minigame? I love those. :)

The whole thing looks just beautiful. The day/night transition and the seasons looks fantastic.

ahsome

Scripter Legend
Years
I played the original Dark Cry, was epic, but the head was HUGE (big brain dude)
Anyway, good luck mitcheal1, and i hope this hack goes far into space, reaching giratina of course :)
Ill always try to support you man :D
Anyway good luck!!!

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
I liked the idea of ​​the mini game, I think is based on D / P / Pt, you worked very well in it, about the seasons is a great job though, the game has features impressive graphics and great scripts, a perfect combination.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
really love the update man. the season change, in battle changes & the mini games all look great, i cant wait 2 see what other mini games u come up with the hammer 1 reminds me of super smash bros XD lol . this is still one of the greatest hacks on my list to play when its out. still amazing graphics, scripts. still really love the title screen & the grave scene. keep up the great ideas man.

ahsome

Scripter Legend
Years
TOOLS(ish...)

Hi mitchiel1, your going epic in the game
i dread i have to wait this long for the game D::(
I just wanna know (HARD MOVING MY HEAD BASHING THE WALL!!!) what tools did you use for Seasons and D/N palette changing. Pls tell me and ill be so happy (IM BEGGING YOU PLS PLS ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( )

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hi mitchiel1, your going epic in the game
i dread i have to wait this long for the game D::(
I just wanna know (HARD MOVING MY HEAD BASHING THE WALL!!!) what tools did you use for Seasons and D/N palette changing. Pls tell me and ill be so happy (IM BEGGING YOU PLS PLS ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( )

I'm guessing it was ASM.
Since it would probably be running on a real time calender or something like it for seasons to work. Whether it be like B/W or in actual time.

EDIT: But!
If you were to turn your attention to the credit part in the post.
He tells you what tool has been used.
Go look it up.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Friggin luv the new updates!! <3

You sir are an ace!! <3

Thanks man ^^

This game is indeed great :)
I tried it few times, and I really love the game <3

Thanks ^^

Mitchel my friend! ^^

You've impressed me with the new update, I absolutely love these updates! <3
I really hope for the alpha soon. Good luck!

P.S - Don't get any new features in your head! I want to play it! :D

Haha I won't m8 I got plenty idea's. But not planned in this alpha, it's time for a official release coming these days.

Awesome! Winter is my favorite, It's good to see season change in this Game.
Those Battle BG are very nice.
I am really what to play it now but have to wait a little while.
Hope it come soon.
Good Luck mate.

Thanks, keep in mind that the seasons are still W.I.P and can cause some glitches. The seasons will appear within alpha 1.0 but like I already said not perfect.

HAMMER! :D
Anyways awesome update :D
Winter looks cool and from the looks of second screen we'll have grass covered in snow, nice :D Will snows stay even if we step on it or it'll be like Route 113 in R/S/E? :)

Thanks ^^ I'm afraid it'll be more like route 113, animations within season tilesets arn't possible yet. (so far I know)

Wow, the Day, night and seasons is incredible. This rom is fantastic.

:surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Thanks

Now whait the final release or beta public :D

Well it won't be a final release... at all xD Alpha 1.0 first state was quite far (gym 3). But suffered on a glitch that couldn't get repaired. So we've been build Dark cry on a clean rom again but this time.... with impressive new features and way more stable. Only disadvantage... It wight only contain 1 gym. But don't worry there is plenty to do in alpha 1.0! =3

Damn I'm so excited! If only gba roms support more colours... the DNS would give a perfect rendition of the time of day!

I couldn't agree with that more, but sadly enough we can't go any further then 16 colors.

YAY! UPDATE!

I'm glad we're close to a release! I can't wait to try it! :) What's the minigame with the hammer in it? Is it like a mining minigame? I love those. :)

The whole thing looks just beautiful. The day/night transition and the seasons looks fantastic.

Thanks man ^^ well the hammer thingy has been based on the idea from D/P/P and completely customized by me.

I played the original Dark Cry, was epic, but the head was HUGE (big brain dude)
Anyway, good luck mitcheal1, and i hope this hack goes far into space, reaching giratina of course :)
Ill always try to support you man :D
Anyway good luck!!!

Thanks man and god the old dark cry, glad we get that over with xD Horrible english and 12+ humor. (Hear me talking about my old failure hack xD)

I liked the idea of ​​the mini game, I think is based on D / P / Pt, you worked very well in it, about the seasons is a great job though, the game has features impressive graphics and great scripts, a perfect combination.

Thanks Wesley for your support on Dark cry =3

really love the update man. the season change, in battle changes & the mini games all look great, i cant wait 2 see what other mini games u come up with the hammer 1 reminds me of super smash bros XD lol . this is still one of the greatest hacks on my list to play when its out. still amazing graphics, scripts. still really love the title screen & the grave scene. keep up the great ideas man.

Hehe thanks ^^

[highlight]:...:UPDATE:...: [/highlight]
p_poppo.gif

Hehe it's great to be back in buisness, and well with today some "not so impressive xD" updates.

Today I would like to show the new "dream" cave that has been modified with some new smooth graphics.
And you never quess who will return in the trion region! It's....!! Well...Just look at the screens they are more obvious xD

Currently we are encounter some bugs with "alpha testing" that first seriously need to be fixed.
B: Working on it
I: Sadly enough not a solution yet.
U: Still wait for an answer from JPAN

- D/N error, after trainer battle the pallet will return original. (working with mindfreak on this)
- Costum Trainer battle Battle ground
- Still need a well sprited Jessie and James OW. some tryed already but became a mess (sadly enough)
- JPAN's auto increse wild POKéMON/Trainer POKéMON level. We have been study this but havn't came any further. It seems like a bug in the routline.
- Gesina gym second Spinarak-mobile still glitchy.

[highlight]New things avaible alpha 1.0[/highlight]:
- Decision based story line!
- New side quests!
- Improved older scripts
- D/N umbreon/espeon evolution!
- D/P/P pokémon shiny glitch fixed!

Well lets continue to our updates shall we?

[highlight]:...:Credits:...:[/highlight]
D/P/P: Torn world entery tile
Kyledove: D/P/P cave tiles

[highlight]:...:Screenshots:...:[/highlight]
New modified cave!
Before >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> After
309lf1e.png
2wpv80h.png

v44itv.png

Jessie and james will return! with there, of course, never to happen promotion!
nme32f.png
o0yvt3.png

That's all for today people, hope you understand the situation and enjoyed the new updates.
------------------------------------
Mitchel1

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The new Caves redo looks great!

and giovanni *woop woop*

Also you mention , never to happen promotion!
Due to them being in team rocket yearsafter the break up when giovanni made team rocket return. He promoted them.

Last edited by a moderator:

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Dude, I love it when I see people make their own tiles, or combine them to make a great tileset. Plus, nice work on the map, usually you don't see people working with the HG/SS tiles for it, but you did good. I'll be keeping up with this hack

ahsome

Scripter Legend
Years
EPIC UPDATS
What does the black portal do?
"Jessie and james with there never going to happen promotion" LOL XD

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
@Mitchel1 dont mention it ^^ .
the new cave map looks great, i think that fits the game better than the old ones. The "Jessie and james never to happen promotion" seems pretty goos so far cant wait to read the full text in the game. Also cant wait to see how the "Decision based story line" will work, so far it sounds good & if its as good as it sounds the game will be amazing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
hahahaha yes mitchel1 is back ^_^ im still waiting for the release date ^_^ im waiting for 2 yrs and no one can stop me wahahahaha i wanna play this game go mitchel

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
...*Looks at date*

... July 30...
....darn I'm late. :\

I love the caves. And of course James and Jesse will never get promoted. If you can't catch a measly Pikachu, you'll NEVER be taken seriously. :\ At least not in Team Rocket. (Or anywhere else... heheh. :D)

[T]ouko

Dedicated Scripter!
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
Damn, those tiles look amazing! This looks great :)

~Also Dutch ROM Hacker :)

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
The new Caves redo looks great!

and giovanni *woop woop*

Also you mention , never to happen promotion!
Due to them being in team rocket yearsafter the break up when giovanni made team rocket return. He promoted them.

Thanks ^^ about the promotion, I didn't knew that I'm still from the first generation :P

Update! cool.
New Cave looks Awesome.
Hope you fix those Bugs and Gilch.
Thanks, keep on updating....

Thanks ^^

Dude, I love it when I see people make their own tiles, or combine them to make a great tileset. Plus, nice work on the map, usually you don't see people working with the HG/SS tiles for it, but you did good. I'll be keeping up with this hack

Thanks ^^

If you need an awesome Jessie/James sprite, ask Metapod for one. He has a sprite of them in Ash Gray.
If he gives you the sprite, remember to credit him.

No needed for that anymore ;) Wesley FG created them for me and I have to say these are impresive aswell.

EPIC UPDATS
What does the black portal do?
"Jessie and james with there never going to happen promotion" LOL XD

Thanks, well the portal is based on POKéMON Platinum, it's the famous portal to the Torn world!

@Mitchel1 dont mention it ^^ .
the new cave map looks great, i think that fits the game better than the old ones. The "Jessie and james never to happen promotion" seems pretty goos so far cant wait to read the full text in the game. Also cant wait to see how the "Decision based story line" will work, so far it sounds good & if its as good as it sounds the game will be amazing.

Thanks, well I won't post screens from the decision based story line you need to find out in the alpha cause it's already added and working!

hahahaha yes mitchel1 is back ^_^ im still waiting for the release date ^_^ im waiting for 2 yrs and no one can stop me wahahahaha i wanna play this game go mitchel

Hehe soon, keep your eyes on this thread. See the "to-do list" in this update.

...*Looks at date*

... July 30...
....darn I'm late. :\

I love the caves. And of course James and Jesse will never get promoted. If you can't catch a measly Pikachu, you'll NEVER be taken seriously. :\ At least not in Team Rocket. (Or anywhere else... heheh. :D)

Hehe indeed I agree with that xD

hope you can finish your hack this time mitchel :D good luck

Thanks ^^

Damn, those tiles look amazing! This looks great :)

~Also Dutch ROM Hacker :)

Thanks ^^

[highlight]:...:UPDATE:...: [/highlight]
p_poppo.gif

So yeah... New updates! =)

Today I would like to show some eye candy graphics, adding the new bag layout inclusive new bag! (and a bug ...)
Some new ways to check if you've completed the side quests in town, pre-realese screenshots from Jessie and James (overworld and script)
Screenshots from second part gym 1!

Currently we are encounter some bugs with "alpha testing" that first seriously need to be fixed.
B: Working on it
I: Sadly enough not a solution yet.
U: Still wait for an answer from JPAN

- D/N error, after trainer battle the pallet will return original. (working with mindfreak on this)
- Costum Trainer battle Battle ground
- Still need a well sprited Jessie and James OW. some tryed already but became a mess (sadly enough)(Thanks Wesley FG)
- JPAN's auto increse wild POKéMON/Trainer POKéMON level. We have been study this but havn't came any further. It seems like a bug in the routline.
- Gesina gym second Spinarak-mobile still glitchy.
-Bagpack glitcht after scrolling to next page

Well lets continue to our updates shall we?

[highlight]:...:Credits:...:[/highlight]
Wesley FG: Jessie and James OW (For Dark cry: TLoG only!)
Mobious: Bagpack Layout + bag! (Design) (For Dark cry: TLoG only!)

[highlight]:...:Screenshots:...:[/highlight]
New bag design (inclusive, sadly enough a bug) If you know a fix please tell me! I would appreciate it!
Before >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> After
2zrdvm9.jpg
2uhvced.png

Want to see your side quest progress? Simply check the board at your local Pokecenter!
332b7cx.png
2laspxl.png

The most favorite and famous characters of all times has been returned! Meet and greet Jessie and James!
2ebcrbq.png
351zj3r.png

16jkp5h.png
ve0inb.png

Explore the first gym that has been based on (before it went out!!!) HG/SS!
Second part of this works now for 70% bug free and testing the last things in this map!

69kzs2.png
mjskkx.png
15e9u2a.png

That's all for today people, hope you understand the situation and enjoyed the new updates.
------------------------------------
Mitchel1

Back