• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Flame of Destiny

I'm planning to add a second rival with a Squirtle. What would be that rival's name?

• Gary (from FRLG)

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Freddie

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Pearl (from DP-Pt)

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
The most recent map is... hurting me just by looking at it. It is horribly bad, and I've seen pretty bad maps. For one the thing, you made the map pretty big, which is fine, but you barley used up any of the space! Also, the way you make the houses bigger disgusts me. If you need a big house, just get a tile spriter. Furthermore, the map looks like it was inside a box. Give it some shape! It won't look like a city on it's own. The tiles are fine, yet overused. The pathway is fine, the only problem is it's a little blocky. Also, you need to add more falshy things such as mountains, bushes, flowers, water, etc. It alone will increase the value of this map.

Sorry, not so good with spelling.

Blazing Charizard

Pokémon Titanium creator
Years
This looks good! Good luck with it!

As for the Squirtle rival's name: I voted other, 'cause maybe you could add a player-supplied name. (I don't know what version of Pokémon Essentials you're using, but I have the latest version and in notes.html was something about player-supplied names)

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
This looks good! Good luck with it!

As for the Squirtle rival's name: I voted other, 'cause maybe you could add a player-supplied name. (I don't know what version of Pokémon Essentials you're using, but I have the latest version and in notes.html was something about player-supplied names)
Well, I'll check it out if I fixed the bug on the type matchups being reversed.
I really like this project and it has great potential. Keep working hard! :)
Thank you for what you have posted...

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
GOOD NEWS + UPDATE

Good news: My comrade and I won a 3rd place in another spelling contest, and here's a treat: I'm planning to add 2 new features:
1. Matagama - when any Gym Leader walks outside of their gym, occasionally, that Gym Leader has any hidden secrets. If you have the Matagama, Psyche-Locks appear on that Gym Leader, and it is up to you to unlock that. Don't worry if you make a mistake, your Pokémon won't faint. If a mistake occurs, that Gym Leader will say words like "try again..."
2. Courtroom minigame - Gym Leaders from Azruf will act as prosecutors, and Gym Leaders from Shanoux will act as the defense. The Elite Four will be the judge and the defendants are members of Team C.A.T.

If you want to know more info about my comrade, PM me. (Psyche-Locks appear)

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
The background of the first post - I used CSS.

Because I have lack of idea what should the hero and heroine look like, I ended up on scanning magazines, and I found what should the male and female characters look like. Here are the concept arts, and I need a spriter to sprite these out. I really need backsprites and overworlds, too. (Edits are acceptable)
Male Character:
Spoiler:

Female Character:
Spoiler:

Any pose will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
That's why the continent's name is Bibbur-Si, and it's because I ran out of ideas.
well if you cant think of ideas you shouldnt just use some random concept. try finding an Idealist and then making yourself some original concepts that would be alot better. The art of them dont look like pokemon characters.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Ideas

Sorry for not posting for a long time, but exams are coming on the other days. If anyone can lead me to a spriting tutorial, so that I can sprite on my own, it will be a great help. I'm planning minigames but I need to learn more on RGSS. If anyone has a minigame idea PM me the script.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
I NEEEEEED HELP HOW DID YOU GET THE POKEMON PLATNIUM HP BARS INTO THE BATTLE SCENE PLEASE RESPOND.

PLease I need help how do you get the peral hp bars into the battle scene instead of the ruby and sapphire one. If you could post the graphic of it.

Last edited:

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Dude I think you have a thread in game showcase already:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=160285

OMG! You almost made me had a heart attack... I really want that thread be deleted, making this thread as the replacement...

Oh, and by the way, new screenshots:
capture003.jpg

A new item? Information will come soon....
screenie000.jpg

This usually appears after the title screen after pressing start
capture001.jpg

Professor Oak, talking like Luke Atmey at that moment...
capture002.jpg

Just for fun...
screenie001.jpg

Access a random PC in Taunting City, and... Objection!

Last edited:

Awan

Graphic Designer
Years
I think you should align your text, its look mess (just an opinion).
The Item description is a bit to high..and the "Key Items" text would be better if align it in the center and change the color to contrast with the box. Good luck with your games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2009
ummm by scripter do u mean a person to write out the storyline for the game? or a person to actually put in what should happen in the game (e.g. wild pokemon appearances, events, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back