• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Golden Island [Finished for this summer.]

soulblitz

Beta Tester
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2015
idk if anyone tried beta 2 but, i tried it [knowing i don't understand the language], and after patching and opening it in vba. it just opens a white screen. idk if its just beta 2 i never tried beta 1. i've tried an older version of vba and changing save types and resetting it. but it seems that's not helping any cause.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
Well, as a creator have to say I like the hack has been, although it has some flaws, nothing that can not be repaired.
Sigun commenting!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Ever since my long absence, I've thought about a lot of things.
One of them includes this: Translator = Editor?

A translator should fix bugs, do the decapitalization, and translate. That's it. Nothing more.

I can apply as a translator for this hack, as I see many people expecting an English version of this masterpiece.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Ever since my long absence, I've thought about a lot of things.
One of them includes this: Translator = Editor?

A translator should fix bugs, do the decapitalization, and translate. That's it. Nothing more.

I can apply as a translator for this hack, as I see many people expecting an English version of this masterpiece.
How about to just translate no decapitalization if it's a hack that doesn't need it or the creator doesn't want to do decapitalization?
Anyway I love the graphics and story of this hack, I'll be looking forward to the english release because sadly, I only know some basic foods in Spanish. :/

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
How about to just translate no decapitalization if it's a hack that doesn't need it or the creator doesn't want to do decapitalization?
Anyway I love the graphics and story of this hack, I'll be looking forward to the english release because sadly, I only know some basic foods in Spanish. :/

Since the release of the 4th generation, I have always liked what Game Freak did in that generation - decapitalization.

Relax, I will only decapitalize Trainers and location names, nothing more.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

That's really cool... but what YOU like cannot affect your job as a translator.

Like I've said before, other than decapitalization, I will not add my own personal ideas (Besides, if I were to add my personal ideas, I would make my own hack) to this hack as a translator.

That is my policy, and I will surely apply to it.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
But dude, you have to have permission from Angel to do the decapitalization.

Decapitalization is perfectly normal since Game Freak did that from Gen 4 onwards as well.

Trust me. You won't see any changes from the original version other than decapitalized text, which are location and people names.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Doesn't lowercase take less space in the text box than uppercase to start with?

Cyclone

Years
This game looks very promising. Hey and I also like those johto starters instead almost every other hack having Kanto starters. P.S its a good thing I know Spanish;-)

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2014
I would really like to play the english version. The Graphics are amazing! Like Light Platinum Amazing. But i really would like to see the english version of this game. I hope u guys can figure out the caps problem soon (BTW if sarcastic prince is beeing so kind as to translate then let them translate whatever the hell they want to just cange it in the next beta, and finish the english version soon)

Years
beta length and gym info.

Just if anyone was wondering...

Spoiler:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I would really like to play the english version. The Graphics are amazing! Like Light Platinum Amazing. But i really would like to see the english version of this game. I hope u guys can figure out the caps problem soon (BTW if sarcastic prince is beeing so kind as to translate then let them translate whatever the hell they want to just cange it in the next beta, and finish the english version soon)

Well, if I do anything more than decapitalization, it will surely disappoint everyone. However, if I do not do anything more than decapitalization, then it's fine.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2014
Well, if I do anything more than decapitalization, it will surely disappoint everyone. However, if I do not do anything more than decapitalization, then it's fine.

LOL :)
PS.Sorry for my stupidity but does decapitalization include translating, if thats the case then i understand but otherwise i dont get it, why would people not want you to translate since we area all so desprate for an english version.

Just if anyone was wondering...

Spoiler:

AWWW That sucks i hope thay make a new beta soon
with the ENGLISH

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
LOL :)
PS.Sorry for my stupidity but does decapitalization include translating, if thats the case then i understand but otherwise i dont get it, why would people not want you to translate since we area all so desprate for an english version.

That's because of what I've done in the past. I've added my personal ideas into someone else's hack as a translator, so it causes people to distrust me.

However, since my absence, I've thought about how I should apply to my policies by making very minimal changes (Decapitalization) as a translator.

Decapitalization can applied as part of the translation, especially if the translator wants to have his job done quickly.

Back