• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Just wondering, would it be possible to use the same applymovement offset for multiple NPCs? Or does each one need it's own offset for it?

Edit: I'm also having an issue with compiling right now that I can't seem to figure out. Details on it below.

Game: Pokemon Firered
Type: Trigger
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

Details: When I go to compile this, no errors pop up. But, when I close the window and open up the script again, the compiler gets rid of the second fadescreen for some reason. I have no idea why, and I've been unable to find out why this is happening by using google. :/

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is with the fadescreens, but I might have a solution. First, put a "pause" command in the middle of your "fadescreen" commands. (Ex. pause 0x30) Then, try using a different offset for your script.

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
I'm not sure exactly what the problem is with the fadescreens, but I might have a solution. First, put a "pause" command in the middle of your "fadescreen" commands. (Ex. pause 0x30) Then, try using a different offset for your script.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it to work! Hopefully I won't have to use a new offset each time I edit the script though...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Edit: Nevermind, I got it to work! Hopefully I won't have to use a new offset each time I edit the script though...

I recently tested this, and yeah you can use the same offset for multiple applymovements.

Especially useful if, say you want a group of people to be surprised ([!]). You could just do:

Code:
applymovement 0x5 @woah
applymovement 0x6 @woah
applymovement 0x7 @woah

Et cetera...

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Yeah, everything's working well for me (though it seems that after a certain number of people, the script malfunctions and leaves sprites on the screen until you walk off screen). I'm having another issue with the script though, which is actually because of applymovement. When I use applymovement to hide sprites, they seem to be physically there (but invisible) until you walk off screen and come back to the spot where the NPC was before. Is there a way to fix this?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Yeah, everything's working well for me (though it seems that after a certain number of people, the script malfunctions and leaves sprites on the screen until you walk off screen). I'm having another issue with the script though, which is actually because of applymovement. When I use applymovement to hide sprites, they seem to be physically there (but invisible) until you walk off screen and come back to the spot where the NPC was before. Is there a way to fix this?

Try downloading the latest XSE version in Hackmew's Toolbox...

Try using a hidesprite command instead of an applymovement one... :)

And if you want to edit a compiled script in the game make sure you repoint the pointers\offsets then compile it again.... That always worked for me... :)

Ex.

0x800000 - @offset (input anything you want just don't make spaces)

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hello, I'm having a problem with this script. Everything works except "applymovement 8 @m2" (which is at the beginning of the script). The script skips that command entirely. I'm not sure what the problem is, but any help would be appreciated!

Code:
#dynamic 0x800030

#org @start
lock
textcolor 0x0
message @t1 6
applymovement 8 @m2
waitmovement 0x0
message @t2 6
applymovement 8 @m3
waitmovement 0x0
message @t3 6
pause 0x20
message @t4 6
trainerbattle 0x09 0x01 0x0 @win @lose
message @after 6
applymovement 8 @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x08
setflag 0x504
setvar 0x5002 0x1
release
end

#org @m4
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @after
= Wow, you're tough! I got to go\nnow, see ya!

#org @win
= Great battle, \v\h01.

#org @lose
= I won!

#org @t4
= Sorry for taking your time.\pSay, how about a Pokèmon battle?\nYou look strong, so I can test\lmy strength! Get ready!

#org @t3
= My apologies, I haven't told you\nmy name yet.\pMy name is Luke. I'm going on a\nPokèmon journey around the Kanto\lregion.\pAlthough, one of my main focuses\nis finding an organization of\lPokèmon threats - Team Rocket.\pThey steal Pokèmon from trainers\nand sell them to make profit.\pSomeone needs to get rid of Team\nRocket, right?

#org @m3
#raw 0x1
#raw 0x1B
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @t2
= Where are you going from here?\p..............................\n..............................\pHmm, to the Viridian Forest, huh?

#org @m2
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @t1
= ???: Hello, there!

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work. It was an Advanced Map glitch :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
Rom: Fire Red
Most of my script works, but the giveitem line keeps breaking things.

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x834
if 0x1 goto @cool
message @out msg_face
release
end

#org @out
= ..Why are you in my house?\nGet out!

#org @cool
giveitem 0xd6 0x1 0x6
message @get msg_face
release
end

#org @get
= Thank-you for returning Claire. I\ndon't have much to give you, but\lI broke this a little while ago.\lYou can have it.
I have tried following numerous tutorials, and sometimes really interesting things happen, like the screen going completely pink. If I remove the giveitem line then all the text and flags happen as they should, but the script never gives the item to the player (twisted spoon). Any help is appreciated.

Thank-you SwiftSign, it does work now! No more pink screen!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hello, I'm having a problem with this script. Everything works except "applymovement 8 @m2" (which is at the beginning of the script). The script skips that command entirely. I'm not sure what the problem is, but any help would be appreciated!

Spoiler:

Thanks guys.

Does the script look different after decompiling? (from A-Map)

Rom: Fire Red
Most of my script works, but the giveitem line keeps breaking things.

I have tried following numerous tutorials, and sometimes really interesting things happen, like the screen going completely pink. If I remove the giveitem line then all the text and flags happen as they should, but the script never gives the item to the player (twisted spoon). Any help is appreciated.

Try phrasing your giveitem command like this:

giveitem 0xd6 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN

See if that works. :)

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years

Does the script look different after decompiling? (from A-Map)

Nope, I just tried changing the person event number and changing the #dynamic value, but those changes made no difference... I do have the person number correct in A-Map as well... Still not sure of the problem.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Type:
Trigger script
Editor: PKSV (because Xse won't work on my computer.)
Script:
Spoiler:

I want to use the script to move a boulder sprite to the X/Y coordinates ,06/0E in Amap to block the player from leaving the cave, but I think somethings wrong in the script. Any one wanna help me out here?

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
I tried making a script via XSE, but whenever I try to test it on Fire Red, a text box doesn't open. It just makes the sound whenever you press A on a person, and that's it.

Game: Pokémon Fire Red
Type: Person script.
Editor: Xtreme Script Editor.
Script: Spoilered...
Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or videos:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I tried making a script via XSE, but whenever I try to test it on Fire Red, a text box doesn't open. It just makes the sound whenever you press A on a person, and that's it.

Game: Pokémon Fire Red
Type: Person script.
Editor: Xtreme Script Editor.
Script: Spoilered...
Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or videos:

Hmm, well I'm not sure if this should/could be the cause but the standard of writing text commands in the current version of XSE is:

msgbox @text 0x6 <- boxset just put on the end

Otherwise your script should really be working. Might be a compiling error, try decompiling the script from advance map.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years

Hmm, well I'm not sure if this should/could be the cause but the standard of writing text commands in the current version of XSE is:

msgbox @text 0x6 <- boxset just put on the end

Otherwise your script should really be working. Might be a compiling error, try decompiling the script from advance map.

Oh, okay. I was using scripting tutorials found on the internet. I wish there was a more recent one instead of one from 2008.

Anyways, can I see how it looks in script form? The way you mentioned it, I mean.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Oh, okay. I was using scripting tutorials found on the internet. I wish there was a more recent one instead of one from 2008.

Anyways, can I see how it looks in script form? The way you mentioned it, I mean.

We have a tutorial written by diegoisawesome here on PC, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276. You can check that out for an up to date scripting guide.

And what Swift is saying is instead of

msgbox @text
boxset 0x6

put

msgbox @text 0x6

The new version of XSE got rid of the "boxset" and "callstd" commands in favor of the method above.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Type:
Trigger script
Editor: PKSV (because Xse won't work on my computer.)
Script:
Spoiler:

I want to use the script to move a boulder sprite to the X/Y coordinates ,06/0E in Amap to block the player from leaving the cave, but I think somethings wrong in the script. Any one wanna help me out here?

There are two movesprite commands; the one you are using and 'movesprite2'. Movesprite2 will keep the OW at its new location, whereas it will revert to its original position once the player takes a step if you use the regular command.

tl;dr, use movesprite2 :P

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
We have a tutorial written by diegoisawesome here on PC, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276. You can check that out for an up to date scripting guide.

And what Swift is saying is instead of

msgbox @text
boxset 0x6

put

msgbox @text 0x6

The new version of XSE got rid of the "boxset" and "callstd" commands in favor of the method above.

I tried that. One showed braille and it stopped locking in place. Another had the same result as earlier. I'm using AM 1.95.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
Hey everyone, I'm working on a Fire Red hack and I just gave my character the HM 03 for surf. Realized he needed the Soul Badge to use it so I gave that to him too but even with the badge showing up on the trainer card it still says I need a badge to use surf out of battle. Is there more that I have to do than just setting flag 0x825 ?

Edit: Here is my code (XSE):
'---------------
#org 0x807BA8
checkflag 0x1036
if 0x1 call 0x8807BCB
setflag 0x1036
setflag 0x825
msgbox 0x8807BD6 MSG_FACE '"Hey there."
giveitem 0x155 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
msgbox 0x8807D23 MSG_FACE '"Happy hunting!"
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x807BCB
msgbox 0x8807D23 MSG_FACE '"Happy hunting!"
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x807BD6
= Hey there.

#org 0x807D23
= Happy hunting!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hey everyone, I'm working on a Fire Red hack and I just gave my character the HM 03 for surf. Realized he needed the Soul Badge to use it so I gave that to him too but even with the badge showing up on the trainer card it still says I need a badge to use surf out of battle. Is there more that I have to do than just setting flag 0x825 ?
Spoiler:

Are you sure the Soul Badge isn't the 5th badge? Try setflag 0x824 instead.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
Using JPAN's FR Hacked Engine, I attempted to create a walking script and use special 0x81. However, after reading the manual and searching through the topic, I don't know how to set the number of steps before a text box shows.

Another thing, if I wanted to increase the number of starters, I would give them all the same flag, to prevent the player from getting more than one, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back