• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
It's anime hack you should follow anime's principles ;)
So you should use Pikachu and other Ash's Pokemon.

Tell that to my Ash's quest team of Gengar, Porygon2, Butterfree, Fearow, Sandslash, and Gyarados. (Yeah, he had Butterfree, but he also got rid of it)

And "Ash's other pokemon" SHOULD be able to defeat him, but Butterfree doesn't get confusion at level 10. Or anywhere close. Which means you end up having to grind for ages if you don't want to use the rat.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Tell that to my Ash's quest team of Gengar, Porygon2, Butterfree, Fearow, Sandslash, and Gyarados. (Yeah, he had Butterfree, but he also got rid of it)

And "Ash's other pokemon" SHOULD be able to defeat him, but Butterfree doesn't get confusion at level 10. Or anywhere close. Which means you end up having to grind for ages if you don't want to use the rat.

You can catch a Mankey or Sandshrew on Route 1, they're just really rare. It's not meant to force you to use Pikachu, as much as be true to the events of the anime. Ash's Butterfree never learned confusion, so the battle with Brock was a lot tougher for him.

In the new beta I'm working on, the battle with Misty forces you to not use Pikachu, so that helps with the not having to abuse Pikachu thing. But overall, the game is meant to be challenging in a way that Ash was challenged and had difficulties in the anime.

Years
Are you renovating previous episode events and making new episode events, or are you renovating first? Also the border of Mt. Moon is weird since it has the pressure switches as the border. Why not have the Cerulean Cave tileset in Mt. Moon since it has water? You don't have to though. Is the Bill's Lighthouse map gonna be edited? Because when you enter it you come from stairs even tough you entered through a door. Anyways, nice looking ROM Hack!

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Are you renovating previous episode events and making new episode events, or are you renovating first? Also the border of Mt. Moon is weird since it has the pressure switches as the border. Why not have the Cerulean Cave tileset in Mt. Moon since it has water? You don't have to though. Is the Bill's Lighthouse map gonna be edited? Because when you enter it you come from stairs even tough you entered through a door. Anyways, nice looking ROM Hack!

I'm renovating first. I started work on a couple new episodes, then switched to fixing up the old ones after I figured out how to insert new sprites with JPAN's engine. Everything will be essentially the same, but the episode events should look a lot nicer and be more accurate to the anime.

And yes, most of the trainers are getting new dialogues.

EDIT: Update, Butterfree event updated with new sprites video:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
You can make the jessie-james battle a double battle.As it is in the anime both fight together.
and please make events for caterpie and pidgeotto....
anyways,it's a great hack
Keep it up:D

KFO

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2010
Does anyone know how to work the game?
I downloaded it and I do not know how to work it
Please Help

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
after the battle with aerodactyl and the healing of pikachu on the hospital, i'm "stucked" on route 20, jesse and james runned off, jigglypuff is no longer there.
what am i supposed to do now?
PS: If you use teleport form kadabra instead of going to the latest healing center you are redirected to five island :s

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2010
can it play for mobile, i play for mobile but after i battle with jessie and jame in celadon ciy i can't battle with team rocket in game corner :s

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2015
can i download a .gba of is it only an .ips download ?

( its only a question)

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2011
Great hack i really like the events and everything!But in beta 2.1 just to say that i spot one bug at Celadon city where they love perfumes the building next to the place where the rocket hideout is, you can go through one little part of the wall.But anyways good luck.

Years
very good hack, I like the way you did the first few epiosdes alot different than me, I would like to stay mine anime hack is better but it is up to the audience to deciede

I don't want to worry you Metapod, but you've got stiff competition out there. Anyway, I've been playing through 2.1 and just want to say really good work, I'm sure everyone appreciates it.
I just found a "bug" though.
After coming out of the cycling road i decided i want to go back up it. But when i went back in i was walking up it without being on the bike. When trying to get on the bike it said, you can't dismount your bike here.
ashgray.png

Last edited:

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Im about to start playing the hack, and ive got a few questions so i wont have a problem while im playing.

1. Where does the beta end? [+How many badges can you acquire in the 2.1 beta]
2. Is it possible to evolve Kadabra? How?
3. You start with a Pikachu i guess, Can you get Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander?

Edit: Can someone tell me how to fix the screen? Its all red as you can see in this picture.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Im about to start playing the hack, and ive got a few questions so i wont have a problem while im playing.

1. Where does the beta end? [+How many badges can you acquire in the 2.1 beta]
2. Is it possible to evolve Kadabra? How?
3. You start with a Pikachu i guess, Can you get Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander?

Edit: Can someone tell me how to fix the screen? Its all red as you can see in this picture.

1. It ends at episode 50, following the Farfetch'd and Who Gets to Keep Togepi event. You can get the first 6 badges.

2. No, not right now. I haven't changed any evolutions, but I might now that you mention it.

3. Yes, of course. :)

As for your final question, play at a different time of day. The color schemes change depending on the time of day, as I've implemented the Day and Night system by ZodiacDaGreat and Interdpth.

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
1. It ends at episode 50, following the Farfetch'd and Who Gets to Keep Togepi event. You can get the first 6 badges.

2. No, not right now. I haven't changed any evolutions, but I might now that you mention it.

3. Yes, of course. :)

As for your final question, play at a different time of day. The color schemes change depending on the time of day, as I've implemented the Day and Night system by ZodiacDaGreat and Interdpth.

Ive been trying it from 11:00 to 16:00 So im pretty sure thats not the problem, and in houses the weird color is gone so i guess its a day and night system problem, Can you tell me how to fix it, or better, Just have normal day all the time?

P.S- I love how you matched the game text with the exact words of the Series!

P.P.S- I cant like, Miss one of the starters or something, right?
Because I remember when i was little and I played Pokemon Yellow
I missed both Bulbasaur and Squirtle

Last edited:
Back