• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
The game was basically unplayable, I went to rechallenge the gym and all the Groupie's had level 16 Darkrai's but still the same moveset of whatever they're actually supposed to be. Gary Oak outfit disappeared when I tried to put it on...
I'll be deleting all the files and restarting.

I'm going to go out on another limb here and say that you last played the game when I messed around with the pokedex and ruined everything regarding pokemon...I actually had no idea why that happened until I suddenly remembered I did that :P

hmm I was trying to download the demo and mediafire gives me an error.
I was wanting to play this game, it is something different, and I love the starter thing you have going.
Where are you trying to download from? I know for certain the links on the previous page work, and the links on my Wiki work
===LINK=== I know because I just tried them - I havent tried it on my homepage but I'll look into that

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
I tried the links on the previous page and on the first page and got that error, but I got the ones from the wiki and they worked.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I tried the links on the previous page and on the first page and got that error, but I got the ones from the wiki and they worked.

Thats lame, iunno why it's not working, I tested it after you said it and it worked, but i just tried it and it says it doesnt work...I dont think thats happened before, at least the wiki works
I guess just download it from there, I'll be linking you guys to there anyway, I might as well start now

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
wonder how you guys are liking things so far - well, expect an update before I go off to college :P (the day before classes start with everything thus far)

theres gunna be major changes - one of which I'm sure you guy's'll love! STARTERS!
yes, no longer will there be the badass one, baltoy and shroomish, no no, there will be the three badass, original starters. Gamefreak eat your heart out
badass_zpsf9fd996d.png

To kick off the badassery, I'll be showcasing them as I finish them - but whats this? you don't want 2 stage starters? you think thats lazy and boring? well you're correct that IS stupid, so I give you - this

showing_off_the_poison_starter_by_theeaterofallbabies-d6jqvae.jpg

All of my pokemon need names - if you want to help, please contact me! Via PM or w/e
anyhoo, have a good day, thanks for stopping by, and peace off

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
More coming, I finished the design for the ground psychic type starter! hope you enjoy it
showing_off_the_ground_starter_by_theeaterofallbabies-d6jy3tp.jpg

again, this along with the others need a name, if you have an idea, let me know - thanks for stopping by, peace off

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
More coming, I finished the design for the ground psychic type starter! hope you enjoy it
showing_off_the_ground_starter_by_theeaterofallbabies-d6jy3tp.jpg

again, this along with the others need a name, if you have an idea, let me know - thanks for stopping by, peace off
Dusdaze (dust + gaze)
Diretinor (dirt + dire + retina)
Glarespor (glare + esper + spore)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Dusdaze (dust + gaze)
Diretinor (dirt + dire + retina)
Glarespor (glare + esper + spore)

they aren't bad, I like them a lot but there's not a lot of flow to them - but you gave me ideas I hadnt thought of originally, such as using the anatomy of the eye itself for a name - such as the sclera and retina, and then esper, I didnt even know it was a word - with all that I'll keep running ideas around but I came up with

Mabukina for the second (or first) evolution
[part of japanese word for psychic: tekina - and japanese word for glare: mabushi]
mine has a little flow, but it could be good for the first form, since it sounds cute

Maruno

Years
Be careful about the Japanese. How many Pokémon (not including legendaries) have Japanese-sounding names or are derived from Japanese words? "Mabukina" does flow as a name, but it's hard to find any Japanese word which doesn't due to its use of syllables rather than letters for its building blocks.

Then there's the origin of the English names of Pokémon. Diglett, Articuno, Houndoom, Tropius, Kricketune, Nosepass (there's a non-flowing name for you), etc. Very many of the names are in some way descriptive of the Pokémon itself, either by referencing its appearance or its abilities or its type. Also important to note is that there are some notable features of Pokémon that aren't covered by their names - Houndoom says nothing about fire, Articuno says nothing about it being a bird, etc. Don't feel you need to squeeze everything into its name, because you've only got ten characters.

Since we know nothing about these Pokémon other than their appearance and types, I had to decide that they were themed around dust (thanks to Koffing's gas clouds), which is why my names revolved around that. The fact that some of them are psychic seems less important (like Starmie). If you have a different idea of what your Pokémon are about, please say so.

They all have just one (main) eye. How about a combination of dust and cyclops? Dusclops! Hang on...

Rocular? It implies rock rather than ground/dirt/dust, though.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Dus(d/g)aze
Esptare
Dir(e/g)lare

Along Maruno's line of thought works pretty well.

Also, this guy is aving the best one for last!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
you make a strong point - I was waiting to post the pokedex entries and background stuff for last all at once, but it would help if they were posted with then to help for names :P

the spider one basically starts out as somewhat cute, (or at least as cute as it can be for a little bug spider guy) same as all the starters at least try to do (like the ground one with his big eye and little rocky body)

the spider one goes through a metamorphosis where it's exoskeleton becomes like armor in the second (especially his head - along with his fangs being removed) and then becoming akin to a suit of armor in the final form, and having bigger fangs - while slowly getting bigger, upper body wise and at the same time his legs get bushier and thicker until becoming the slender fuzzy legs his final form has

as for the ground one he is just a beholder, but is cute and has minor kinetic abilities - hence the smaller rocks floating around him. When he evolves he becomes more smooth and the rocks around him become larger - with the tinier ones gaining mass, while the larger ones become more like boulders and have soulless eyes connected via telepathy to the main body - while it's smooth body is slowly growing eye stalks where it's eyes would grow. its final form has a big change, where it's kinetic ability gets so strong, rocks all around it compress its body into a rocky outer coating, while it's true "body" its hidden deep inside - the floating boulders around it were compressed into it, forming the eyes on it, while the eye stalks grew into tentacles and the rocks floating around it are larger rocks condensed into a more rougher shape - all the while it grows a mouth (that sounds random but yeah...)

Maruno

Years
Shame, there's no mention of dust.

Ah, so you were going for the classic: "the Pokémon is made out of what its type is." I dunno, Sandshrew and Grumpig manage well enough as Ground types without being made of dirt. The only reason I'm not saying that your monocular creation better suits the Rock type is that, traditionally, Rock types are grey. I think it'd be better if you lose the rocks and turn it into a creature which lives in a dirt cocoon.

Also, spider? Looks a bit more like a tick to me. I wasn't originally inspired by it (what's up with all the final form's blades?), but here are some thoughts:

Nazztik (nasty tick - I really like this one)
Malmite
Malachni
Skirmite (skirmish mite)
Whirlish (whirling dervish, which is how it could fight with its many blades and good footing)
Dervoxic (dervish toxic)
Nausaber (nausea saber)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Shame, there's no mention of dust.

Ah, so you were going for the classic: "the Pokémon is made out of what its type is." I dunno, Sandshrew and Grumpig manage well enough as Ground types without being made of dirt. The only reason I'm not saying that your monocular creation better suits the Rock type is that, traditionally, Rock types are grey. I think it'd be better if you lose the rocks and turn it into a creature which lives in a dirt cocoon.

Also, spider? Looks a bit more like a tick to me. I wasn't originally inspired by it (what's up with all the final form's blades?), but here are some thoughts:

Nazztik (nasty tick - I really like this one)
Malmite
Malachni
Skirmite (skirmish mite)
Whirlish (whirling dervish, which is how it could fight with its many blades and good footing)
Dervoxic (dervish toxic)
Nausaber (nausea saber)
I really like dervoxic, and it does have tick qualities, it's original concept was a mantis-arachnid hybrid, and then I added 2 other blades at the last minute - but it's gunna go back to the basic form:
1014198_561529813907576_1851394829_n.jpg

maybe it'll have a mega evolution haha

those are good ideas actually, I think I might use skirmite for the first evo! I'll look into it, maybe learn more about the different type of insects, like dust mites, termites, ticks, spiders, etc but those are great suggestions
(also looking back it was a bit ridiculous that 2 additional arms came out of nowhere, where the 2 blades at least made some sort of sense >.>)

as an update, I should be able to finish the draft of the final grass-fighting type by tonight and put the finishing touches on it by tomorrow, then I'll add them ass in a showcasing (or not, that might be a bit much) but once they're all done I'll whip up some decent entries for them and a bit of explanation and then link you all to the wiki for them :P

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
At long last! It is here, in it's completion for you all to marvel - the beautiful badass grass starter choice
Theres not much I need to say, he does it for me, no introduction needed
though it would be nice if he had a name - but he'd probably punch it if he had one
it's just so cool, definitely one of my favorites (though they all are)
showing_off_the_grass_starter_by_theeaterofallbabies-d6k3f57.jpg

- thanks for stopping by, peace off

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
That stage one is so... I hate to say it but adorable! I want to make an event version that "toughens up" at level x for good(but not the same) stats.

Tri(b/k)ull = Tribe Skull
Mas(k)ren(d) =Mask Rend
(Hulmash) = Hulk Smash
Dismash

Striking out on the third one here.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
That stage one is so... I hate to say it but adorable! I want to make an event version that "toughens up" at level x for good(but not the same) stats.

Tri(b/k)ull = Tribe Skull
Mas(k)ren(d) =Mask Rend
(Hulmash) = Hulk Smash
Dismash

Striking out on the third one here.
haha, cute :P (at the final evo idea)

anyway, I figure the final evo's are my favorite and like the embodiment of my inspiration for the whole evolution type, so I'll work on it myself (mainly because it may not be so obvious but as it evolves it clearly has been in it's fair share of fights, so it's mask gets more tattered and broken, and finally becomes part of his face, as well as turning slowly into a crown - along with him gaining thick wood, which is basically armor (also his left arm seems off, so I'm going to work on that)

And here it is!
1236601_576118709115353_779195661_n.jpg

Last edited:

pokemonlover1111

Lostelle
Years
Lol, I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but, when my Eevee reached level 20,
Spoiler:

Is this normal?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
ah, I see, it was supposed to evolve into something completely different, so no it was not supposed to happen - but congrats on being ther first person to level your eevee that high!

pokemonlover1111

Lostelle
Years
ah, I see, it was supposed to evolve into something completely different, so no it was not supposed to happen - but congrats on being ther first person to level your eevee that high!

While your here I have another question, the person tells you after you defeat the 2nd gym to go find an Axe, but I cannot find it, could you give me a hint?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I honestly didnt test it like I should have, but I'm glad it worked! haha, go snooping around the adoption agency, and remember to talk to all people! everyone has something to say ;)

pokemonlover1111

Lostelle
Years
I've spoken to everyone - even the Pokemon, and no one brings up an axe, :/

Though I did find one gamecrashing thing:

If you talk to the guy who will redeem pokemon for coins, if you say no thanks, it says 'So you want the 0?' and if you answer yes, your game crashes..

Back