• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Version 6 {PROTAGONIST OVERWORLD SPRITES RELEASED}

Do you like my newly-presented fakemons?

• Yes, I do! They are awesome! You are a true genius! I'll start worshipping you from now on <3

Votes: 53 48.2%
  • Yes. I want to see more to be sure though...

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • NO! This is fucking shit! kill yourself! (the last part is only optionnal :x)

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • No. I am not into fakemons at all...

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Don't care. You left us. You and your hack are DEAD TO ME!

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
Just a quick update ta showcase tha OW sprites, once implemented:

img_85b26c330a8c5c530664cf066bb5c2ba.png

PS: I would love ta answer tha previous posts, but wit tha "April 1st curse", I don't understand half of tham witout tremendously focng mahself ^^'... I will wait fo a more convenient day...
The OW feels right with your style. Good job, MacBeth!

Years
If you really want to answer people you can turn off the "curse" in your options:
http://mail.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

That's a bit too late, but thanks anyway! It will be extremely useful for next year!

The OW feels right with your style. Good job, MacBeth!

Thanks! I have some issues with the size of the doors though.

PS: We reached the 100 posts! So wonderful :')

[Off topic: Please, help us support Isaac from Golden Sun to get his spot in Smash Bros! If you are willing to do so, click on my new banner ;) ]

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
I hope you make some Bug type fakemon that could qualify as OUs :3

Also, have you considered making new moves? I know, one would be insane to expect that from any rom hack, but I'm just wondering.

pokefancore

Asura, God of Madness
Years
been waiting for the update the first time i saw this hack(its been months since i last come in here).. wow just wow.. the trainer sprites, the gorgeous maps its so freaking huge :3 and all the fakemons doesnt look fake.. r u planning in adding some of the original pokemons? or just ur own?

keep it up :) looking forward on it

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
Years
I like the fakemon sprites, I really like the idea of adding new types of pokemon in the game, and the fakemon sprites really blend well with the original pokemon sprites.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
I hope you make some Bug type fakemon that could qualify as OUs :3

Also, have you considered making new moves? I know, one would be insane to expect that from any rom hack, but I'm just wondering.

LOL. Well, most rom hacks don't have new moves because it's so hard to do. You're not insane. :)

been waiting for the update the first time i saw this hack(its been months since i last come in here).. wow just wow.. the trainer sprites, the gorgeous maps its so freaking huge :3 and all the fakemons doesnt look fake.. r u planning in adding some of the original pokemons? or just ur own?

keep it up :) looking forward on it

Well this answers your question.

Introducing about 100 brand new Pokémon as well as balancing those already existing (chosen from Gen 1 to 6)

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
I just realized some of the fakemon in this hack are straight from The Pokemon Factory, a fan site dedicated to amassing it's own fakemon, types, moves and items. Do you have permission to use these fakemon? I mean, just to make sure.

Years
I just realized some of the fakemon in this hack are straight from The Pokemon Factory, a fan site dedicated to amassing it's own fakemon, types, moves and items. Do you have permission to use these fakemon? I mean, just to make sure.
Which one to be exact? Point the names please.. I cant seems to find the resemblance from the pokemon factory fakedex...

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
While looking through the Gen III section, I did find some strikingly similar mons, but he seems like a person who'd get permission to use them.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Stunning maps, amazing fakemon. Rarely there is such a game with so -well-made fakemon+__+

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
I have to say, I really like the character design and spritework that is presented here. The protagonists look cool, the satanic cult actually looks like a cult, the two "jerk" characters make me want to punch them just by looking at them. On top of that, you're giving just the right amount of info on the story, without typing entire paragraphs of confusing backstory and that makes me actually want to find out about the story myself while playing through.

The Fakemon are... fine. They're not bad, they're very well sprited, I just feel most of them have very complicated designs and wouldn't fit that well alongside the official Pokemon. Another minor nitpick I have is about the tilesets. Some of the tiles - particularly those taken from other games - have way too dark outlines, compared to the rest of the tileset. Maybe you could smooth out the colors a bit, in most cases this would require just some minor pallette edits.

Overall, I'm a fan of this project and I'd like to see how it develops. By any chance (and I'm in no way pressuring you, because I understand the ridiculous amount of work that goes into making something like this) are there any plans for a Demo/ Beta yet?
EDIT: Never mind. I just realised this has already been answered. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Years
Hey this hack looks awesome! I was just wondering if any beta will be released in the near future and if you were needing any help! Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 28, 2015
This hack looks amazing! you are a gentleman indeed for interacting and responding to all your fans. Loving the fakemon which is extremely rare for me. I like the fact that the Grass starter is inspired by Egyptian mythology because that my favorite :) All-in-all keep up the good work because I know there are a lot of people dying to play your hack.
P.S. don't listen to the critics telling you to change the layout or size of your mapping because it's your unique flare that is creating this amazing hack and should stay true to you.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
This hack looks damn awesome, although the pokemon center is a bit of thorn in the eye. Thinking about changing it into a building that looks like it matches the setting? And the name of the game would be perfect for the english version as well. Really like the fire starter, but the final evolution doesn't really strike me as a ground type.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey crudalis, I'm afraid this thread hasn't had posts since almost two months, so I'll have to close it. Please don't post in threads that are over a month old in the Progressing Hacks section (this doesn't apply to the Hacks Studio).

MrMacBeth, if you want this thread opened just message me or Spherical Ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back