• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Ehhh, it's all preference really. Personally I wouldn't use Relaxed, because it needs all the speed it can get. :/ Not that it's going to out speed anything anyways, but I'd like to not get outsped by Steelix.
You do realise you know nothing about competitive battling.
Why the hell would it use Speed EVs anyway. with it's base 30 speed it never uses except for Gyro Ball or something. Relaxed Tangrowth outspeeds those Steelix, even if it isn't running a -Speed Nature.

Get your facts straight before even posting advice to someone.

Years

Why the hell would it use Speed EVs anyway. with it's base 30 speed it never uses except for Gyro Ball or something. Relaxed Tangrowth outspeeds those Steelix, even if it isn't running a -Speed Nature.

I know plenty, thanks. Steelix has access to Rock Polish. Granted, its Attack sucks too much to make any use of it, but it's still a boost Tangrowth doesn't have.

Last edited:

Detox

Um no one in their right mind uses Rock Polish on Steelix, because you outspeed little to nothing after it and still end up getting revenge killed...Pkus what can steelix even do to Tangrowt?

Fire/Ice Fang? No, that won't do near enough damage...

Gyro Ball? No, because its too fast...

Earthquake? No, Tangrowth Resists

Explosion? It's the only source of meaningful damage it can do. And it has to kill itself. What does that tell you?

So Relaxed, Impish or Bold, it just depends on what you need mainly for your team.

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
This has been the fastest breeding project I have ever done. I hit both of my delays on the first attempt. I'm tickled green. ^^

114.png

Tangela ♀ Lv. 1 UT ★
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Ingrain & Constrict
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 30

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
Years
  • Age 112
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016

Something must be b0rked.
I am supposed to end up with a Shiny, Jolly, Intimidate growlithe.
Instead I am ending up with a non-shiny, gentle flashfire growlithe.
My SID and ID are correct.
I did not recieve any phone calls before getting the egg.
And in HGSS there is only one NPC and they've NEVER been a problem for me before.

But the last time I tried to do this with a different seed I got a bashful non-shiny growlithe.

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT. :c

Angelique

Le Magnifique
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014

And in HGSS there is only one NPC and they've NEVER been a problem for me before.

But the last time I tried to do this with a different seed I got a bashful non-shiny growlithe.

What seed(s)? Check if the Gentle and Bashful were adjacent to your target, Jolly. If you have connected to Wi-Fi recently, save in a spot a few times before attempting RNG. Regardless, it's most likely a frame problem.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
Years
  • Age 112
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
What seed(s)? Check if the Gentle and Bashful were adjacent to your target, Jolly. If you have connected to Wi-Fi recently, save in a spot a few times before attempting RNG. Regardless, it's most likely a frame problem.

Haven't traded in like a week. And I have no idea how I would go about finding out what the natures would be on the adjacent seeds. But I don't know, it's annoying, and this has never happened before and I'm not doing anything differently. uuugh.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015

I had the same problem before, but like Angelique said try changing your frame or date. That seem to have solved the problem in my case.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2011
-stares at the idea of a flawless RNG-

Guess that's what i'm gonna be doing for the next hour.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
Years

Make sure you've marked the "International Parents" box on RNG Reporter correctly. If you've got the box checked, try unchecking it (or vice versa) and RNGing again.

Sounds like a "duh" kind of thing, but if you're sure nothing else is the problem, it's possible that one parent is international/non-international without you knowing, especially if you're using traded Pokemon to breed with. Drove a friend of mine crazy one day. :P

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
Years
  • Age 112
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016

Figured it out. I had checked international parents out of habit, even though neither of them were this time. Good job, amirite. (Oh, wow, ms. psychic above me posted at the same time. :3)

So I just did this instead:

Spr_5b_479_s.png

nature timid
ability levitate
[ 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 ]

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years

Figured it out. I had checked international parents out of habit, even though neither of them were this time. Good job, amirite. (Oh, wow, ms. psychic above me posted at the same time. :3)

So I just did this instead:

Spr_5b_479_s.png

nature timid
ability levitate
[ 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 ]

Cute one. <3 Too bad we can't use Rotom forms in Wi-Fi without the AR. D:

bian

Years
I've just done my very first RNG successfully.

spr4h129m.png

Pokemon: Magikarp
Level: 1
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Swift Swim
IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Electric 70​

Spent 2 days for this but it was worth it. :)

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
I've just done my very first RNG successfully.

spr4h129m.png

Pokemon: Magikarp
Level: 1
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Swift Swim
IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Electric 70​

Spent 2 days for this but it was worth it. :)

Slap up a nickname, and put it in your Trophy Case. Make it Fully-redis and let the whole world know you're it's breeder!

Beelzenef

Luffy
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 2, 2011
Slap up a nickname, and put it in your Trophy Case. Make it Fully-redis and let the whole world know you're it's breeder!

How will he slap a nickname on it if its already bred?

I'm really bored, I was thinking of breeding a Diglett. What do you guys think I should breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back