• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legendary Falchion - Fire Emblem Fan Club

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Ugh, I've started a NEW file and now I'm stuff on hair color and hair style. Sometimes I hate myself. D:

Now I'm going to have the exact same pairs and just delete my file again because I don't like the hair color I chose. AAAAGH! xD

I'm happy with the Avatar I made. I gave him blond hair after myself but also I named him "Icarus" which fits the blond hair IMO.

Anyway, I was in doubt over whether Cordelia or Sumia was cuter. After comparing the two in their support convo, I was reassured I like Cordelia better. Though all the women in this game look pretty. Among the guys, there are a few ugly ones like Gregor and Kellam, but all of the feminine cast is pretty. All of them. Which means it's going to be hard to choose a wife for my favorite characters. And I don't get the Tharja fanboyism. She's funny and sexy and all, but I don't think her portrait looks very good.

I read somewhere that Cordelia and Stahl were strong when paired so I pair them up most of the time and they ended up married, which was good because Stahl is my favorite male character! I feel like I'm a weirdo for liking a character like Stahl who has no distinct appeal but I guess that's his charm. That and his easy-going attitude in life. A close second is Lon'qu, who just screams badass. I like giving him the Killing Edge so the one he starts with is already spent two or three chapters after I get him, lol.

Tharja worked her hex on me, because I'm pairing her with the Avatar most of the time and their support is building... But that's because I decided to bring Tharja along before grinding her a little.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
Thanks Rozu! : )

I've played Fire Emblem 5-13 and I can say they are all wonderful to play! The earlier ones might have less features than the latest ones but the characters and story are all great - I love playing all of them (although FE 11 can come rather short compared to the rest. :/ )
But I think most people on here who've played t he games would tell you the same haha

What Pokémon collectiong exactly? :3

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Thanks Rozu! : )

I've played Fire Emblem 5-13 and I can say they are all wonderful to play! The earlier ones might have less features than the latest ones but the characters and story are all great - I love playing all of them (although FE 11 can come rather short compared to the rest. :/ )
But I think most people on here who've played t he games would tell you the same haha

Thanks for your post. I lurked over at Serenesforest and, let's say a few vocal people there weren't too fond of Awakening and its characters. The discussion seems to get too much serious, so I prefer hanging out here.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
I confess that at first glance the new characters of Awakening felt too un-FE-ish to me as well but I ended up loving them!

It's true though.. there are some very untypical things in Awakening such as - how to call it - computer language? lol
I actually thought it rather funny when Chrom was suddenly going on about "le sigh" but I can understand why people dislike it as well.. I usually do too but in this case.. I don't know I just love the game as it is. : )

Or what kinds of reasons did they have for disliking it?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I confess that at first glance the new characters of Awakening felt too un-FE-ish to me as well but I ended up loving them!

It's true though.. there are some very untypical things in Awakening such as - how to call it - computer language? lol
I actually thought it rather funny when Chrom was suddenly going on about "le sigh" but I can understand why people dislike it as well.. I usually do too but in this case.. I don't know I just love the game as it is. : )

Mostly general rants about "badly written characters".

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Signing up too please! : )

Fire emblem is pretty much the only game series I follow next to Pokémon.
The characters are always so lovable <3 It's hard to pick a favourite character as well as game - sure the newer games have awesome adds but the old ones are just as great for their wonderful characters and story!

Anyway here goes:

Username: Larinelle
Favorite Game: Awakening
Favorite Character: Ilyana
heya Larinelle welcome to the club :) i agree that even though old games has less features their stories are absolutely amazing (i cant stop playing binding blade for a few days now :D) i also want to play genelaogy of the holy war and thracia 776 once i find time and i think you should play them too since they generally receive positive reviews. hope you enjoy the club :)
Thanks for your post. I lurked over at Serenesforest and, let's say a few vocal people there weren't too fond of Awakening and its characters. The discussion seems to get too much serious, so I prefer hanging out here.
haha yeah i see them sometimes too :D i like awakening and its still my favorite though i gotta admit that it feels different than other fe games imo. not in a bad way just different.

yeah i love how henry explains to chrom how revenants are made XD

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I've played Fire Emblem 5-13

She played FE 5 give this girl a medal. XD And welcome to the club!

If I remember correctly, one complaint I heard was that Grima wasn't a fantastic character, to say the least. That it seemed like he/she was going to take over the world with Risen because, well, that's just what demon gods do.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
Mostly general rants about "badly written characters".

Well there are some characters which I think turned out all that great while others are awesome - but isn't that all just a matter of taste anyway? D: Some of the characters I find extremly dull appear to be super popular haha

heya Larinelle welcome to the club :) i agree that even though old games has less features their stories are absolutely amazing (i cant stop playing binding blade for a few days now :D) i also want to play genelaogy of the holy war and thracia 776 once i find time and i think you should play them too since they generally receive positive reviews. hope you enjoy the club :)

haha yeah i see them sometimes too :D i like awakening and its still my favorite though i gotta admit that it feels different than other fe games imo. not in a bad way just different.

yeah i love how henry explains to chrom how revenants are made XD

Thanks!
I would love to play those FE's as I have also started them once but as I mentioned (somewhere..) before.. I lost the files on my PC and I can't DL them again. 3:

She played FE 5 give this girl a medal. XD And welcome to the club!

If I remember correctly, one complaint I heard was that Grima wasn't a fantastic character, to say the least. That it seemed like he/she was going to take over the world with Risen because, well, that's just what demon gods do.

I liked Gangrel as a villian :') As for Grima.. I think I'm rather neutral! I don't think the game is perfect but it is one of my all time favourites nontheless.

Unfortunatly I'll need to give that medal back XD'' I played 6-13 - typo. ><'
I did start playing FE5 but as I just said.. it got delete ;-;'' I heard it's the hardest FE though. I hope to play it someday. x_x'

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I haven't played 5, but my brother did (though he didn't beat it yet). He told me the stat cap is 20, regardless of the unit/unit's class, so I'm guessing that one would still need a lot of strategy even if they had a unit or two with a lot of cap'd stats.

He didn't have much positive to say about the game, though, so I didn't even try it. One of his biggest complaints was that Leif's stats were worse than trash. Like I said, though, he didn't beat the game yet, so I don't know if that fact changes later in the game.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I wish I knew about these games before. My strategy skills are horrible, especially in my opening turn. It's like in chess, really. When I play chess, I don't know how to do the openings.

Cherche is a surprisingly useful unit. She starts with a Hammer, which wrecks enemy knights, and axes are very strong weapons in their own right.

Problem is that my marriages are less than optimal currently. Lon'qu and Sully are rank A already and, since I married Cordelia to Stahl, I need someone else to warm Lon'qu's lonely cold nights.

After I got the Master Seals I started to have fun promoting the characters to my favorite classes. I made Stahl a Paladin and Sully a Great Knight, which fits them more. Both of the Pegasus ladies became Dark Fliers for Galeforce, but as soon as I reach Lv15 with Cordelia I'll reclass her to Falcon Knight (or maybe Hero?), because her MAG is bad. Lon'qu became a Swordmaster to get the skills, then he'll become an Assassin. I turned Virion into a Bow Knight to squeeze some use out of him (only disadvantage compared to Sniper is vulnerability to certain weapons which enemies rarely carry).

I need to reclass Frederick soon but I'm divided on it. I heard he's pretty bad as a Wyvern Rider, which was the option I was considering (I hate foot Knights), so I don't know what I'm going to do with him yet.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Yeah, the first few turns of any chapter are usually the hardest. I've wanted to use Cherche, but I've just never had room. In my current playthrough, Panne makes a wonderful wyvern knight, so I've been using her instead.

Personally, I like keeping Fredrick as a great knight just because he has a unique character model rather than a generic great knight model.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Speaking of Fredrick, is it possible to get Fredrick's stats to grow beyond his default Great Knight class via Class Changes to keep up with the other units' stat growths?

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Yes. A character's stat growths are determined mostly from their own natural base growths, but also from the class's growth rates.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
What's up guys? I haven't played any FE:A lately, so I don't know what to talk about...
Anyway, I'm in Part 3 Chapter 13 in Radiant Dawn. The game becomes a bit harder with every chapter...

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Don't worry, it's just the Dawn Brigade chapters that are the difficult ones.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I've just kept Frederick as Great Knight and didn't reclass him because I've found that there are better characters to actually use as GKs (such as Sully or Stahl).

I've only ever played Awakening and I really liked it, whats one of your guys' other favorite Fire Emblem games? I want to try another one but I'm not sure which one. :x I'm also not sure if I should, because I suck at this type of stuff and Classic mode frustrated me more because I kept letting people die, oopsies. (yes I'm pretty bad don't laugh D;)

Nakala Pri

No worries, welcome to the club! :D

So far I've only played Awakening, but I have really enjoyed it. This time round I'm marrying Henry, I'm a Wyvern Lord and my Morgan will be a Griffon Rider, I think. ^^

Well, so far I've got figurines, Pokemon Black, Conquest, Pearl, Gates to Infinity and the soon-to-be Pokemon X. :D

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Radiant Dawn and Sacred Stones are my recommendations for other games.

Radiant Dawn has my favorite story out of all the other Fire Emblem games. It's the sequel to the game (Path of Radiance) that introduced Laguz (people who transform into animals), so there's that if you liked Taguels.

Sacred Stones is the first handheld Fire Emblem that let you choose what your units promote into, and I really liked that option. It's also one of the easier Fire Emblems, in my opinion, since you can grind in the Tower of Valni to really relieve some of the difficulty. Plus, abusing glitches to give units dark magic is super fun. XD

Years
After some thought I decided to give Lunatic/Classic a try (My Hard/classic save file got pretty boring)... I'm getting my ass kicked over and over again.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I'm guessing you're stuck on chapter 2? That's one of the hardest chapters for this mode, in my opinion. In the first few chapters, you basically rely on Fredrick all of the time (and be sure to give him your Bronze Sword). You could also feed kills to your avatar and split fighting between MU and Freddy, but that's a little slower than just relying on Freddy. You just need to make it past chapter 3, though, since you get access to Renown rewards after that. Depending on your Renown, it should probably make chapter 4 a breeze.

Back