• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 4, 2023
I'm having an issue with the upstairs of the Big Eat Restaurant. Almost every character I speak to either crashes the game or glitches out. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or just my particular game, but I thought I should report it in case it needs to be fixed. Sidenote, I've also found the odd trainer that doesn't have any script or movement, but they haven't caused any issues thus far.

Great hack though, I really love the sprite for Mikachu and the concept, my only disappointment is the Pokemon available to catch, considering half of the Pokemon you battle against are high leveled and fully evolved. Coupled with mainly base-level Pokemon to train against with little exp. makes it a tad too monotonous when it comes to training. I do appreciate however, that the intention is for it to be more difficult, which I like the sound of. As I said though, it may become tiresome after some time. I've only just got to Saren City, so my thoughts may change as I progress.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 20, 2014
This is an awesome rom, but it is too similar to Snakewood in its attempt to make pokemon more challenging. I understand wanting a challenge, but having to defeat level 29s to get HM01, just after the second gym, is ridiculous. My pokemon do not level up nearly enough to even keep within 3 levels of the trainers you face.

I have kept a tracker for moves that have secondary effects (like flinch for bite), and I am being hit 62% of the time in regards to the secondary effects. I was flinched 4 times in a row against arbok. Lets not forget that some of these trainers already have fully evolved pokemon or just super powerful/rare ones like scyther, pinsir and aerodactyl.

Had a stall battle with Synthesis, Giga drain, super potion Tropius who just would not die and no access to fire type pokemon yet.

I know I don't want human level competition from every single trainer, even derpy Joey. Practically forced to go back to pokecenter every 5-6 battles. Just to much.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Yoooossha! Nice work buddy, waiting for final release!
Thank you!
I'm having an issue with the upstairs of the Big Eat Restaurant. Almost every character I speak to either crashes the game or glitches out. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or just my particular game, but I thought I should report it in case it needs to be fixed. Sidenote, I've also found the odd trainer that doesn't have any script or movement, but they haven't caused any issues thus far.

Great hack though, I really love the sprite for Mikachu and the concept, my only disappointment is the Pokemon available to catch, considering half of the Pokemon you battle against are high leveled and fully evolved. Coupled with mainly base-level Pokemon to train against with little exp. makes it a tad too monotonous when it comes to training. I do appreciate however, that the intention is for it to be more difficult, which I like the sound of. As I said though, it may become tiresome after some time. I've only just got to Saren City, so my thoughts may change as I progress.

This is an awesome rom, but it is too similar to Snakewood in its attempt to make pokemon more challenging. I understand wanting a challenge, but having to defeat level 29s to get HM01, just after the second gym, is ridiculous. My pokemon do not level up nearly enough to even keep within 3 levels of the trainers you face.

I have kept a tracker for moves that have secondary effects (like flinch for bite), and I am being hit 62% of the time in regards to the secondary effects. I was flinched 4 times in a row against arbok. Lets not forget that some of these trainers already have fully evolved pokemon or just super powerful/rare ones like scyther, pinsir and aerodactyl.

Had a stall battle with Synthesis, Giga drain, super potion Tropius who just would not die and no access to fire type pokemon yet.

I know I don't want human level competition from every single trainer, even derpy Joey. Practically forced to go back to pokecenter every 5-6 battles. Just to much.
I realize that leveling is a complete and utter disaster. Let it be known that I suck at this and will improve it by the next beta.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014

It's really not that hard in comparison to Dark Rising 1. In that game, my pokemon were often 20-25 levels beind the gym leaders / storyline bosses. Most trainers had pokemon 10 levels higher, and you had to heal after every 2-3 battles. So the levels really aren't that unbalanced.

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
FeedBack!

Hello, I've tried your Both hacks but I somewhat find it Interesting just by Reading its story...

FullOn support from me, Best of Luck for future releases!
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

EDIT-: Yay!! me, I just finished the "REDUX" Version, it was pretty Great, and most of all; I liked that Arc where I Changed to That "Theif" Girl :D..

Not to forget "Mikachu" I liked its Sprite!

Diego Is really Awesome!

Last edited:

Aj Harold

The champ
Years
Good idea and also according to anime Gary was in Sinou region and that would put more reality! Good luck in completing it!

Kijima

Railgun
Years
NOOOOOO...I finished the Version 2 REDUX. I love this game just as much (probably even more) than the legit versions. I want to continue playing... T^T

Years
Really enjoying it so far. Right now just got my 3rd badge with nothing else more to do. *sigh* please finish the game *sigh*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
Little advice. FINISH the hack before making it available for play. Nothing pisses of somebody more than an unfinished game

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Little advice. FINISH the hack before making it available for play. Nothing pisses of somebody more than an unfinished game

Not really, I mean many people are playing the unfinished game as it is, and the game might never be finished.

Considering that I am happy it was released unfinished as that means that I at least got to have fun with what is available.

Years

You joined the forum just to post this?

1380451892916.jpg

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Just started this hack the other day, it was kinda tough. Well I think I have lost about 20 battles so far. But it is great, and I look forward to future updates. Please keep making this hack, and it would be nice to have a town map of the region. Also it would be nice if we could get that torchic that disappeared when we got Mikachu. Or at least have another fire type available to us. Unless there is already one and I'm just not looking hard enough

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
Hi I am in the jhoto region and have won the badges I met the dragonite with the invatation
To go the the league but every time I try to get past the whirlpool I can't I met the guy who teacher the move whirlpool but when I get to the whirlpool it doesn't give me the option to use it can anyone help with what I'm supposed to do?

Years
Hi I am in the jhoto region and have won the badges I met the dragonite with the invatation
To go the the league but every time I try to get past the whirlpool I can't I met the guy who teacher the move whirlpool but when I get to the whirlpool it doesn't give me the option to use it can anyone help with what I'm supposed to do?

Umm what wrong thread...
Lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 20, 2014
so im at klindor town and just defeated the gym. I try to threw the gate witch is leading up to the next ciry/route [idk] and nothing happens its like its a invisble wall.

The_Goddone

Pokemon Master
Years
In reply to Ravermatt, @Ravermatt

ok so Im assuming this is Pokémon Glazed?!? Well, you have to get to the city that Dragonite refers you to, this is what he says:

Route 44/Olivine City
Dragonite will stop and talk to you. You will get a letter that says , "Please come to New Island as soon as possible. You may take a ferry from Olivine to get there." alright let's head over to Olivine! Go into the building to the south and the man will tell you they canceled all the ferries due to the storm. Well guess what we are going anyways , head south outside onto the dock and dive. Once down here head all the way south and loop around the little turn and use dive once more.

You need to defeat a gym leader to use whirlpool outside of battle, here is the link to the walkthrough I used:
(i can't post links yet, so here is the web page...) go to VIZZED website, and add /boards/thread.php?id=73133 to the url.
I literally just started and finished the whole game in less than 3 days, beat it all until Rankor Region (after taking weeks to figure stuff out and repeating the game to re-do some mishaps).
good luck!

The_Goddone

Pokemon Master
Years
so im at klindor town and just defeated the gym. I try to threw the gate witch is leading up to the next ciry/route [idk] and nothing happens its like its a invisble wall.

Me too, this game hasn't been updated in a year so... idk whats up. Just got a lvl 50 Mew 3 and a couple lvl 18's...

Back