• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The most over-rated Dark type? Hmm... I think that title should go to dearest Hydreigon! He's seen as this huge legendary beast of a Pokémon rivalling anything that's thrown at him, but is he really that good? Obviously the answer's yes since he's the pseudo-legendary of Gen V, HOWEVER I don't think he's even close to competing with the other pseudo-legendary Pokémon that are supposed to be in the same league as him. One kick to the face with a Fighting move and Hydreigon is down for the count, is that what you want from such a beast? Granted he does have incredible offensive power and the diversity of his move pool is exceptional, but Hydreigon's low speed and average defences leave him open to a lot of grief from the right Pokémon, which in OU can be almost anything! Without his Dark typing I think he'd be absolutely unstoppable and definitely Uber, but those couple extra weaknesses without much extra coverage are holding him back.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Overrated doesn't always mean overused or used far too often, it could also mean very common for a trainer to use or talk about. Zoroark might have this achievment due to it's early reveal to the public.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Hydreigon? I dunno.

Possibly Zoroark too, maybe because it's rarity, and possibly because of it being quite powerful.

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Which is the most overrated Dark Type?

I have no idea if I answered this or not, but I would say it to be Hydreigon, as it evolves at the highest level, it has a unique type combination and it's the most recent Pseudo-Legendary, you know, the things that make Pokemon stand out.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
The most over-rated Dark type? Hmm... I think that title should go to dearest Hydreigon! He's seen as this huge legendary beast of a Pokémon rivalling anything that's thrown at him, but is he really that good? Obviously the answer's yes since he's the pseudo-legendary of Gen V, HOWEVER I don't think he's even close to competing with the other pseudo-legendary Pokémon that are supposed to be in the same league as him. One kick to the face with a Fighting move and Hydreigon is down for the count, is that what you want from such a beast? Granted he does have incredible offensive power and the diversity of his move pool is exceptional, but Hydreigon's low speed and average defences leave him open to a lot of grief from the right Pokémon, which in OU can be almost anything! Without his Dark typing I think he'd be absolutely unstoppable and definitely Uber, but those couple extra weaknesses without much extra coverage are holding him back.

I do agree that its Dark Typing can prove daunting for Hydreigon. However, nothing about hydreigon is below average with not a single stat below 90. While 98 speed is troubling in the case of more of the faster OU threats, its enough to outspeed more than half of OU(of which hydreigon can 1HKO) and its defenses are good enough for it to take one super effective ice beam at full hp and strike back.

All in all I think hydreigon is slightly overted, just not for some of the things you mentioned.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Username: Galoria
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're pretty badass and unique. Even they're really rare and hard to get for some of them. They're aslo very well designed as Darkrai. And aslo good against Psy, so they're pretty interesting.
Your partners:
Spr_5b_197.png
Spr_5b_570.png

What Types rule: Normal. Kidding, Dark type rules, duuuh.

picture.php

Current Topic

My thoughts are gone on Hydreigon. Because of its unique type and one pseudo legendary Pokemon who is too powerful. I remember when I battled Ghestis and his Hydreigon's movepool was too amazing for me like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Crunch etc.... I had no chance to be honest. I think this one would be Uber like Blaziken if it was only a Dragon type. Its weaker zone is on its own speed. Even with its great movepools and diversity, it can be beaten easily with a good fight team. But you have to predict it. Like to switch on Gengar or Jellicent something d:

Years
Which is the most overrated Dark Type?

I'd have to say Hydreigon. None of its stats are below base 90, and while 98 base Speed is just short of the key 100 most OU threats have, it's still enough to allow it to outrun a few things. It also has a pretty good movepool, learning at least one attack of every type except Grass. In Black/White getting Dark Pulse on it was a bit tricky, but the Move Tutors in B2/W2 made it much easier to get Dark Pulse, which when combined with Dragon Pulse hit hard due to STAB. It can also learn Focus Blast and some Fire attacks to get around Steel's resistance to both its STAB moves. It's defenses aren't too shabby either, given that high BST for pseudo-legendaries plus Levitate protects it from Ground so it gets two neat immunities too.

Not to mention how badass it looks, and how OP Ghetsis' Hydreigon was in Black and White.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Which is the most overrated dark type pokemon?

For me, it'd be absol. Very high attack and speed makes it kill enemies at first turn. It could also learn elemental attacks (say tm blizzard, fire blast, thunder).

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Username: Galoria
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're pretty badass and unique. Even they're really rare and hard to get for some of them. They're aslo very well designed as Darkrai. And aslo good against Psy, so they're pretty interesting.
Your partners:
Spr_5b_197.png
Spr_5b_570.png

What Types rule: Normal. Kidding, Dark type rules, duuuh.

picture.php

Current Topic

My thoughts are gone on Hydreigon. Because of its unique type and one pseudo legendary Pokemon who is too powerful. I remember when I battled Ghestis and his Hydreigon's movepool was too amazing for me like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Crunch etc.... I had no chance to be honest. I think this one would be Uber like Blaziken if it was only a Dragon type. Its weaker zone is on its own speed. Even with its great movepools and diversity, it can be beaten easily with a good fight team. But you have to predict it. Like to switch on Gengar or Jellicent something d:
Welcome to the club Galoria!

I guess I have to disagree with lot of people since I really like Hydreigon. Though I agree it is slightly overrated and overpowered. The one Ghetsis says was powerful and way . Though I guess I had better experience batting him than others cause I remember it being only somewhat challenging for me but my Scrafty basically took it out. Though it's still none of it's stats are below 90 so it's pretty overpowered. Still really like it and think it's one of my favorite Dragon-types and one of my favorite Gen V Pokemon.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
Umm....ok i'm not entirely sure if we are alll on the same page on what overrtaed is....idk could just be me

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Me neither though what people say is overrated is rather subjective. How about a new topic then?

What is your favorite shiny form out of the Dark-types? (Feel free to list more than one or have a top 5/10/ etc. like thing.)Least favorite? (if you have one/any.)

Here's the Dark-types in shiny-form if you want to know what they look like
Spoiler:

The last topic was getting a bit confusing/out of hand I guess. So discuss!

CourageHound

Years
Answering Current Topic:

All the dark type shines look very exotic. Hmm...my favorite would be shiny mightyena. Second favorite would go to Nuzleaf for the cool orange mask. Least favorite would be Weavile. Idk the pink lemonade look just doesnt fit Weavile for me.

Last edited:
Years
Answering the topic:

My fave Shiny Dark-type without a doubt is Zorua, I love that nice blend of the brown-black with the blue, it may look clashy but I think those colors go so well together! I was also pretty fond of Spiritomb and Mandibuzz's Shiny colors too.

Least fave would have to be Sneasel/Weavile, that pink and yellow is just a horrible look for it.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
My favorite shiny dark type pokemon is Spiritomb, looks kinda weird and funny, but that´s what i like about it.
Second favorite would be Umbreon, because Umbreon is so cute. ;)

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
What do you think of dark type pokemon-

The thing about dark types is that all of the pokemon look like they should be of that type. Not like some pokemon from other types that look like they belong to another type. Other than that almost all of the dark types look cool and are good for battling.

Your partners -

Tyranitar, Honchkrow.

Current Topic
●What is your favorite shiny form out of the Dark-types? (Feel free to list more than one or have a top 5/10/ etc. like thing.)Least favorite? (if you have one/any.)

My favourite shiny has got to be Umbreon. Those blue stripes perfectly complement the black colour. Same goes for Zorua who is second. My least favourite shiny dark type is a tie between Honchkrow,Weavile andMurkrow. That pink suits them horribly as they are all supposed to be bossy pokemon.

What types rule –
Dark types rule.

Last edited:

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Name-A3R0D4C7YL
What Do You Think of Dark Types-Yes. Just. Yes. I think they're as strong as they are fast
Partners-Weavile and Honchkrow
What Type Rules-Heheheh...you're so funny. Dark. Types.

CourageHound

Years
What do you think of dark type pokemon-

The thing about dark types is that all of the pokemon look like they should be of that type. Not like some pokemon from other types that look like they belong to another type. Other than that almost all of the dark types look cool and are good for battling.

Your partners -

Tyranitar, Honchkrow.

Current Topic
●What is your favorite shiny form out of the Dark-types? (Feel free to list more than one or have a top 5/10/ etc. like thing.)Least favorite? (if you have one/any.)

My favourite shiny has got to be Umbreon. Those blue stripes perfectly complement the black colour. Same goes for Zorua who is second. My least favourite shiny dark type is a tie between Honchkrow,Weavile andMurkrow. That pink suits them horribly as they are all supposed to be bossy pokemon.

What types rule –
Dark types rule.

Welcome to the club! I see we have some of the same thoughts on least favorite shinies. Imo it just doesnt that feirce or commanding appearence they have.

Name-A3R0D4C7YL
What Do You Think of Dark Types-Yes. Just. Yes. I think they're as strong as they are fast
Partners-Weavile and Honchkrow
What Type Rules-Heheheh...you're so funny. Dark. Types.

Nice set of partners! Mind if I asked why ya picked them? And answering the topic would cool as well :)

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Nice set of partners! Mind if I asked why ya picked them? And answering the topic would cool as well :)[/QUOTE]

I picked Weavile cause he/she is my favorite pokemon :) And I picked Honchkrow because it looks cool and it's a Flying type...my 3rd favorite type...Poison being 2nd

And the topic right now is best shiny i believe.
I'd say Zoroark's because it just looks more gothic and evil to me. If i were to have a Zoroark,i'd have a guy.But if it was shiny,i'd take a girl. i just looks like one if shiny :P

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
Haven´t used photoshop quite some time so the outcome looks bad, anyways i was bored and had some time so i made a banner. :p Oh well...
34xow2g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back