• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Moémon!

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Moémon! Liquid Crystal
whismur-travel.gif
Moémon Liquid Crystal is a fanhack of the incredible Liquid Crystal fanhack using sprites from the Moemon ROM Hacks.

Quick Synopsis
Find and catch all the Moémon while discovering the secrets which surround you.
All the while being pursued by a relentless crew of hooligans

Features!
  • All the amazing things from Liquid Crystal!
  • Moe Pokémon!
  • The obligatory heightened difficulty!
  • A lot more. . .

Downloads! and change log
Current DL ->Moémon Liquid Crystal Demo 1
Have changed ROM base to Liquid Crystal.
New Bark Town through Ruins of Alph have been tweaked and modified. Still unfinished, but certainly playable.

Old DLs-> Moémon 8-2-13 Yeah, it's still too early to call it an Alpha edition
Some more map changes
Other various bits

8-1-13 Alpha 1! I'm just gonna call this an Alpha edition!
Some maps!
Text changes!
Stuff!
Heck yeah!

Moémon! 7-30-13 Still a super extra early alpha!
Working on the balance of Moémon, trying to increase difficulty without making it unfun to play.
4/30/13 early am - created new cry attempted import, created a lack of cray for totodile, but no imported cry

Moémon! 7-29-13 Super extra early alpha!
-Fire Red base, sprites imported, names lowercased, starters selected, some 'dex entries changes, general populations started, some abilities changed.

Screenshots!
Spoiler:

Credits!
Linkandzelda for the so wonder Liquid Crystal hack!
Moémon team for the Moémon sprites and icons!
Hackmew for great tools!
Jambo51 for great advice!
Lu-HO for Advanced Map!
Special super huge thanks to everyone on the Liquid Crystal team whom made this possible!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
2011-04-14_1625.png

Standing Outside of Doc. Syszlak's Lab at night.

Why are you using a berry patch as a path? And those green bits next to the fence are not shadows, they aren't needed and just look really bad and out of place.

2011-04-14_1646.png

Just at the border of Alluvial Village and Route 1.

Really tall grass looks out of place there, and has a tile error. Just use one type of grass.

2011-04-14_1651.png

A wild Poochyena approaches!

Haha, cute.

2011-04-14_1652.png

Hanging out on Route 1.

Again, tall grass error. And since when did grass grow in triangles?

2011-04-14_1654.png

I made it to Bay City!

Fence has tile errors, tall grass again, and that looks like a tile error at the top right too.

2011-04-14_1656.png

A common situation with Moémon. . .

Lol.

Comments in bold. Although somehow they seem to be showing up as italic for me.
This hack looks...unusual, to say the least. But I really can't see this working unless you improve your mapping. Post in the Map Rating thread, read some tutorials, or maybe find someone to map for you. And haven't I seen those sprites somewhere before? Oh and clever making the Professor's name Syzslak.
Good luck.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Umm. interesting. And cute. You are a good spriter, to say the least. I want to play this game just to find out what stuff like feraligatr and mightyena look like!

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I guess i didn't make it clear enough in the op...
I didn't make the sprites, I am instead collecting them from 3 versions of moémon which I have found.

marcc5m

what
Years
I guess i didn't make it clear enough in the op...
I didn't make the sprites, I am instead collecting them from 3 versions of moémon which I have found.

In which case you should add a credits section to the first post, so it doesn't look like you're stealing sprites. Actually, did you get permission to use them?

Name

Moémon Master
Years
In which case you should add a credits section to the first post, so it doesn't look like you're stealing sprites. Actually, did you get permission to use them?
I am working with the original creators now, but it's a slow process....
So do I currently have permission per-se? No.
But under their terms, the sprites are allowed to be reused from what I understand.

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
Years
hmmmm...i've played every moemon game from off of the official moemon website...all of the games had very unique asspects to the games. for example, Moemon Devil Version had shadow pokemon plus verious ds pokemon inserted. Moemon Deer on the other hand had the most amazing and the most complicated maps i have EVER seen. now granted almost all moemon games were made by profesional japanese game hackers, but will this game have anything that makes it stick out from the rest? i've played various moemon games made by american, european and french hackers...and saddly the all failed in comparision horribly :( saddly again, other than the ground in the city, it looks the exact same as the moemon games the crashed and burned. hopfuly this will be the first good english moemon game to come out (actualy the leaf green one was "ok"). looking forward to further updates and great moemon that stands out like thejapanese versions.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
So there have been a few updates, a few more members on board (soooo glad)
We are currently working on a bit of everything, and if someone wants a super-beta demo just pm me.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
You could work on the maps. The tropical grass sticks out and isn't a complete tile. But I must say that i ADORE Moemon. ^^
I would be really glad if I could help you with fixing tile errors.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I am removing the tall grass for now until I can utilize it in a non-tile error sort of way!

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I have never heard of a moemon rom hack so this is really exciting. I can't wait to see what you will do with this.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hmm... Looks like it's time for me to edit the maps, using your input. Maybe it'll look better that way. I'll try to fix problem maps, but I can make no guarantees about the speed - I have school and classes almost every day. It might take a while before the map is actually updated.

EDIT/UPDATE: I'm going to handle the music.

Last edited:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS AND MECHAMON ARE THE BEST HACKS EVER LMFAO

Years
um is it finished yet?? cuz im really looking forward to this game

Sorry, but it's against the rules to post in a thread that hasn't been posted in in over a month. Please be sure to check the sticky threads in a section you visit so you're sure of the rules that apply!

mucus, if you have some sort of update to post and would like for this thread to be reopened (unlikely as it may be), then just contact either DrFuji or myself. In the meantime, this thread is closed.

Back