• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ***IMPORTANT*** Game Breaking Glitch in Lumiose City

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have since I was unaware of the glitch at the time. Thank God nothing happened :D Now I'm too scared to even set foot in Lumiose.
No, walk about there all you want. Just don't mash the save button there.

Of course, if you aren't a boutique shopper or cafe visitor, you won't have a problem.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
No, walk about there all you want. Just don't mash the save button there.

Of course, if you aren't a boutique shopper or cafe visitor, you won't have a problem.

I actually HAVE mashed the saved button there many times :O I've heard this glitch only affected the European and Japanese versions of the game, though.

Years
You know what I think the problem is? Half the city being locked is causing problems for the save file. Has anyone dared to try saving there later in the game with the entire city unlocked?

That's most likely the problem, the first time I saved there was inside the Pokemon Center(North boulevard is still locked). And the second time I saved was outside, near Lysandre's cafe that is

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Where NOT to save in Lumiose City!

lumiosemap.jpg

This is from Serebii; According to them:

"12:26: Nintendo have issued a press release about the Lumiose City save bug, where the game can glitch out if you save in the boulevards of Lumiose City. They issued a map of where not to save, indicated by the blue gradient, and have stated that they are working on a fix and recommend saving in the buildings of Lumiose City if you have to save in the city at all"

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
I have saved in that city heaps of times and it hasn't been freezing for me so i'm not sure why it freezes for other people

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
note its the blue parts of the map where you should not save.

It might or might not happen to you, still its better to be safe than sorry until the official update is released

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I've saved many times in this blue ring.
My friend did, and he had the eShop version, where i have the game cart, is it just eShoppers? :/

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2022
Odd ive been saving and quiting there a lot and nothing seemed to happen Im on a cartridge and got worried when they started talking about a glitch Im still gonna take caution when but its really weird that it only happens on some games

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
I'm a tad worried about the integrity of my digital version now.

If a major glitch like this was missed what about the minor ones out there. The series has had a history of glitches but nothing game breaking like this.

Though I'm lucky that my game file didn't freeze since I did save multiple times in Lumiose City. As of now I'm experiencing a minor bug where my bottom screen flickers and makes a buzz sound when my character transitions from running shoes to skates upon exiting a building or getting up from a bench.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Glad to hear they'll patch it and it'll fix the saves. I haven't had any troubles with it, but then again I knew about it before I bought and luckily could avoid the issue.

Years
Last night, I accidentally saved outside of a cafe in Lumiose City while trying to connect to the internet. Either I'm extremely lucky, or not all game cartridges are affected by this, because my game is still fine...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This will sound terrible of me, but I really don't like Lumiose City and I get lost even using a map, so this hasn't been a problem for me since I wanna leave that place as soon as I walk in, lol. :( They really did do a great job of making it just like a real city. I thought Castelia was difficult...NOPE.

Exeviant

"Call me Ex..."
Years
Didn't see this when I posted my forewarning earlier thanx for letting me know :D

This will sound terrible of me, but I really don't like Lumiose City and I get lost even using a map, so this hasn't been a problem for me since I wanna leave that place as soon as I walk in, lol. :( They really did do a great job of making it just like a real city. I thought Castelia was difficult...NOPE.

I agree that place is absolutely dreadful especially when I have to pay a cab 1,000$ just to take me to a place when its right beside me and I'm to confused to find it D:

Last edited:

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
Years
I hate the camera view in Lumiose, honsetly...
If you make a new game, will you still be able to get the Torchic? (After receiving it already). I got a cartridge. I think it might only be for the version downloaded from the E-shop :O

Back