• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think there will be travel between regions?

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
The start of the trailer showed a whole world, bringing some speculation into maybe they added some extra places?

Give your thoughts here!

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
No I don't think that it should happen unless they have the game continuing in any other region like G/S/C/HG/SS.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I sincerely doubt it. (Castiel reference right there)
Honestly, the game's graphics look way too advanced and complicated for them to go through the trouble of mapping a whole second region, especially for a release this early. I can't be sure, but like I said, I sincerely doubt it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Unless they were already in production of the game now, I don't think we'll be able to go back to the other regions. Maybe this will take place somewhere around Unova? And base it on another city from USA?

Years
I doubt it.

Firstly, if there was going to be two regions in a Pokémon game, I am willing to bet the money I'm saving for a 3DS that they wouldn't make two entirely new regions for the sake of it. There'd be no point.

The whole "returning to past regions" was a trait that I loved in GSC/HGSS, but it's something that will remain exclusive to GSC/HGSS, I think it's safe to say at this stage. Normally saying something like that would depress me, but because B2W2 had the World Tournament, I'm feeling a lot better about a whole new adventure.

With that said, someone brought up the fact that BW was a reboot, we could consider this as the "GSC" to BW. I think that's out the window because of B2W2 though.

Years
Well, if you could, this would be the longest Pokemon game in existence! XD

I loved going back in the previous games to the previous worlds and I would love for that to happen in this one.​

Years
The games ARE called X and Y which are coordinates, so it may be something to do the world. Or it's just references the fact that the game is set in France and the X/Y thin was invented by a French guy.

Years
Since this is based on Europe which has a lot of very small countries I think multiple regions is a possibility but that seems like a stretch. I doubt that other regions will be revisited just yet (but I'm guessing we'll have gen 6 R/S/E remakes) .

I think the two are unrelated.

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
No I do not think there will be multiple regions in these games. Ass far as the whole world being shown, I believe that's more related to the whole global release and announce of the games. They only gen that has supported the traveling between regions is gen II but that's because it shared so much with gen I.

Look at B/W2 for example. We are able to go to the old part of unova like its a different region in a way. Same with gen IV. We unlocked the battle area to the north. All of these act like "another region" for us to explore. You had to explore all of johto in gen II and they just gave us kanto to explore as an extra area.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I'll echo what glitchguy said.

Maybe another region based on the British Isles for the postgame. Maybe they could have the battle tower/frontier representing the 02 arena and Big Ben?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I doubt that there would be an extra region. It would be awesome but I can't see it happening. The only reason Gen II had both Johto and Kanto was because it was a direct sequal taking place in a differnt region.

EdwardsNT

Unova League Champion
Years
Pokemon X and Y

Does anyone else want to see returns of old regions? Like in Gen 2 when you traveled back to Kanto and fought the gym leaders there?

Which region(s) would you most like to see return in the new series and why?

It would be way off according to series, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hoenn return. Would be fun to travel back to Hoenn again!

Years
While I don't think we'll be seeing other regions, one or two secret areas that aren't on the map would seem to be in keeping with how the games have been made recently. Most likely some characters from older games will make cameo appearances, too. That's all I'd expect really.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Not sure if you mean between past regions or between different new regions (still unknown). If the first one, I barely see it. It won't happen.

Between new regions, it might be a good idea but it isn't convincing at all. You know, new region = new Pokémon.

Anyway, neither the one nor the second are going to happen, so... bah xD

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'd like to see a past generation, but who knows, maybe we'll get somemthing small like Sevii Islands, or something related.

Back