• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
PotW pics ( mewtwo) :
Spoiler:

How did you catch Mewtwo back in the Red/Yellow/Green/Blue days?
i thinks so i used great ball to catch it i don't remember

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
That first picture is so cute Avishka! I like it.
About the topic, I haven't played Blue or Red so, I wouldn't know about how I caught it. ;) But in HGSS I got it in an ultra ball after he wiped out all but one of my Pokemon and made me use all my dusk balls. It just would not go in the ball! >:(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Hmm regarding Mewtwo back then I never even bothered at the time in all honesty lol, I did catch him in Fire Red/Leaf Green and later the Gold & Silver remakes though where he was rather tough to catch on FR and LG but I heard he was nearly impossible to get on the original games as well.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
How did you catch Mewtwo back in the Red/Yellow/Green/Blue days?
I used the Master Ball straight away, since being young at the time I fell for the fact that apparently Mewtwo is the most difficult Pokemon to capture of all time. I owned a Pokemon Handbook which said to use the Master Ball on Mewtwo, so I did. XD In remakes, like in Firered/Leafgreen, I saved the Master Ball for more significant captures, and preferred to use Ultra Balls instead.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
wow. this topic brings back memories. though I cannot remember when I first saw Mewtwo (either on the movie or the game or TCG) I knew I went WOW on him.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I know for certain that Mewtwo was both of these things

BEAST

BADASS

Heck, those were the nicknames I should had given him. Like mR though, I did WOW him at first.

But lets make this a little more interesting so this is somewhat an opinion one

NEW TOPIC:
Who would you prefer to use for competitive battling and/or as a pet/friend. Explain your reasoning.
Mewtwo vs Arceus?

miltankRancher

Years
Mewtwo definitely. Arceus never appealed to me. It was just... uhmmm.. overrated in my view. Arceus is gimmicky, yes (I have used once, a Bug-Arceus) but Mewtwo could accomplish more than Arceus with a wider variety of movepool.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Are there any other choices? Like Mew or something? Because I don't know if I'd like either.
icon26.gif
Go ahead, just tell us which you dislike more or something of the two lol

Would you choose Mew over the other cute Legendary Pokemon? (Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin, Victini)

Mewtwo definitely. Arceus never appealed to me. It was just... uhmmm.. overrated in my view. Arceus is gimmicky, yes (I have used once, a Bug-Arceus) but Mewtwo could accomplish more than Arceus with a wider variety of movepool.
They both do have a HUGE, and I mean...HUGE movepool.

So you prefer Psystrike over Judgement as well?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
As much as I prefer Mewtwo for helping me out in the E4 rematch back in Fire Red I'd have to go with Arceus due to its superior ability and nearly limitless potential to pull off just about any kind of set imaginable imo but I wouldn't expect any less from a god now lol.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
As much as I prefer Mewtwo for helping me out in the E4 rematch back in Fire Red I'd have to go with Arceus due to its superior ability and nearly limitless potential to pull off just about any kind of set imaginable imo but I wouldn't expect any less from a god now lol.
So competitive-wise it's depending on the person for Mewtwo vs Arceus

But we're leaving out the other part of the topic discussion:

Which would you rather have as a PET/FRIEND?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Oh in that case Mewtwo for me no question, just looks more friendly if you ask me despite the fact that it was made to maim everything in sight lol. Kinda like a Michael Meyers you can cuddle with after you got to know him a little lol.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Oh in that case Mewtwo for me no question, just looks more friendly if you ask me despite the fact that it was made to maim everything in sight lol. Kinda like a Michael Meyers you can cuddle with after you got to know him a little lol.
I know what you mean LOL

Mewtwo being more of a Cat, while Arceus is a...Ghost?

Mewtwo would be so much fun to chill with.

Mew on the other hand.....I'd have to choose Mew as a pet over the other 2. CUUUUUUUUUUUUTE! haha

miltankRancher

Years
Nawww... Mewtwo over Arceus any time, any aspect. Whatever you say will never seduce me to the arceus-side. It is pretty scary to have a god as a pet, you know. I'll have a clone any time rather than a god.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Nawww... Mewtwo over Arceus any time, any aspect. Whatever you say will never seduce me to the arceus-side. It is pretty scary to have a god as a pet, you know. I'll have a clone any time rather than a god.
Agreed.

New Topic:

What did you think about Pokemon: The First Movie?
220px-Pok%C3%A9mon-TheFirstMoviePoster.jpg

And Mewtwo's Return?
Mewtwo_Returns_DVD_US.jpg

Mentalii

Back
Years
I love Mew and Mewtwo, they are the 150 and the 151, the badass and mighty legendaries from gen I... They bring back so many memories !

What did you think about Pokemon : The first movie and Mewtwo's return?

The first movie is and will always be my favourite. It's a very beautiful movie, that made me cry when Ash become a statue. And when clones and non-clones fight against each other is a really moving moment too. I like sountrack from this movie, for example, this one is epic.
And I loved Mewtwo's return too, but the first movie is better :)

Now PoTW pics :

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Eh now that I think about it the first movie wasn't that great but Mewtwo Returns wasn't that bad desipte me remembering little to nothing about it nowadays.

miltankRancher

Years
I cannot remember anything about the second movie, but the first one ties with PMD endings as the saddest scenes Pokemon had ever portrayed.

AND SHELLSHOCKER IS COOL.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
Name: METHOD_REPLEKIA/.
Partner Pokemon: Starchild the Jirachi
PinRS385.gif

And as for the first movie, it was okay. I loved how Team Rocket made a mistake in identifying a pokemon on the computer screen. I still have the Original VHS... Somewhere, collecting dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back