• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Feelgood

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
So basically a game that I play to just have a good time and smile?

Obvious answer, but both Warioware and Rhythm Heaven. Actually, scratch that, video games are all about that to me, but the two I mentioned are the primary answers.

TY

Any game i play makes me feel good, since i bought them for that purpose to be quite fair.
But my favorite one atm is Starbound, i love this game a lot and its quite a lot of fun, aswell as a challenge to beat.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hm...I guess I should be more specific with all this. The term "Feelgood" was originally coined by movies, and the main aspect of why they were called this was because they made people feel good inside. It's basically something that's heartwarming or calming (like the atmosphere of Super Mario Sunshine or the happy/satisfying resolution to a dramatic story). In the world of movies, somethings that would classify as this are The Pursuit of Happyness, The Blind Side, Good Will Hunting- things that make you feel good in that sense once their over.

So really, it's not so much how much fun you have with a game that makes it a feelgood but how the game (be it with its tone, its atmosphere, its story, etc.) makes you feel...inside, I guess (though I'd prefer better phrasing).

Outlier

Legacy Of Goku 2. It covered my favorite saga of my favorite anime. It had a lot of the tracks from the anime in 8 bit form. Just an all around charming game and a real treat to any DBZ fan.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
Games that lets me blow stuff up.

Well any game that has humor in it, like in the dialogue or something, or usually a game that can give me a challenge, or something that lets me use my imagination and also creativity.
Generally things like that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
To be honest, every time I have a gaming night where we're all having a few drinks, I tend to bust out Rugrats, in specific, we play the golf minigame. So much fun every time. Surgeon Simulator is another one. But if I'm playing personally, any of the first 3 Spyro games are always happy memories for me!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Well, Mario Kart is technically one of my favorite guilty pleasure games in a sense that it always makes me feel good because of the art and the acts on messing up the karts on the road! Deliciously evil~

TY

Hm...I guess I should be more specific with all this. The term "Feelgood" was originally coined by movies, and the main aspect of why they were called this was because they made people feel good inside. It's basically something that's heartwarming or calming (like the atmosphere of Super Mario Sunshine or the happy/satisfying resolution to a dramatic story). In the world of movies, somethings that would classify as this are The Pursuit of Happyness, The Blind Side, Good Will Hunting- things that make you feel good in that sense once their over.

So really, it's not so much how much fun you have with a game that makes it a feelgood but how the game (be it with its tone, its atmosphere, its story, etc.) makes you feel...inside, I guess (though I'd prefer better phrasing).

Aha, well it would still be Starbound for me cause the music at the menu is already calming and the music changes with what you are doing (fighting, etc.).

Years
I always "feelgood" when playing Mario Kart 64. The characters, the nostalgia, the bright colours...

I think in terms of, like, making me feel calm, relaxed, happy... Flower, easily. My goodness gracious, what a feelgood game.

Back