• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't mean to take away from the trans party going on over here :P but I have some more good gay marriage legalization news to share and I'm particularly excited since it's my home state:

NJ Senate OKs gay marriage bill in milestone vote

The Senate's 24-16 vote sends the bill to the Assembly, which is expected to pass it on Thursday.

Christie, a Republican, announced his veto intentions last month. He has said he does not believe marriage laws should be changed but does support New Jersey's civil union law, which grants gay couples the legal protections of marriage.
Christie said he wants to put a change in the definition of marriage to a public vote.
But gay rights groups oppose a referendum. They see gay marriage as a civil rights matter and argue that it should not be up to the masses to protect the rights of a minority group. They also believe that a nasty campaign from social conservatives could erode the narrow majority of support that public polls show gay marriage has in New Jersey.

I really hope this does get through. Christie is a terrible man honestly, lol, and I hope that he has no say in this whatsoever tbh. Meanwhile on an unrelated note he's trying to take away a college option in South Jersey alongside attempting to stop gay marriage, so he's just a monstrous man all around and I can't wait to be able to vote him out.

But yes getting closer :3

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
@Gay marriage: Good news is good! ^_^

I would like to join please, just to show off my Pride :)
Welcome to the club Snivy Baroque! ^^

Here is your new member crown:

BKCrown_Full.jpg

You may wear it for one day only. Enjoy being king for a day! ^^

Wow. Alot of interesting answers! I am not transgender nor am I interested in cross-dressing drag in recreational or sexual reasons. So, I thought I would ask some pointed questions from varying perspectives to get a bit of insight from those who actually are transgender or crossdress or sexually aroused by cross dressing. I actually overlooked the sexual attraction element to cross dressing, simply because I don't have any myself, haha. But, I think it's a lot of generalizations, but that is the only way you can really you can ask these questions. But I can see how it all depends on the situation, and the reaction may be mixed or indifferent, rather than positive or negative. Thanks for the interesting responses!
Clothes are really not even a gender thing in my opinion and I don't see the big deal. I'm trans + lesbian and basically I wear tops made for guys (because girl shirts always suck big time and I love graphic tees) and pants/skirts/dresses made for girls. I think most transgender people (transitioners; not umbrella term) are uhhhh more "conventional" (trans women try to act more feminine than they are and trans men, more masculine) or something but I feel that's a combination of peer pressure and self-pressure, i.e. overcompensating or "validating" their own transition.
Uhhh I kinda forgot what my point was here. xD Well anyway I think the idea of some clothes being feminine or masculine, or anyone needing to wear clothes of the matching gender, is social construct and should be ignored if you wish to ignore it. I don't think anyone can make a genuine argument that there's anything wrong with it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
You bring up a really interesting question Ty.. and all I can say is that personally I find I can find a guy more attractive when he wears something that accentuates his male figure. Like a fitted suit that is tailored to fit his wide shoulders and all that. So I'm curious to ask if people who find a sort of sexual attraction thing to cossdressing.. is it because a guy in a dress accentuates his femininity? Would you say some people find that sort of attractiveness in the ambiguity of gender? (Some people like girly guys so they think it's more attractive to see them in something frilly.. or the same with tomgirls?) I dunno.. I can only really answer for myself but I'm curious as to what other people are attracted to in regards to that.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome, [Snivy Baroque]!

@Toujours' link: I actually laughed a little when I saw that. Not a funny laugh, just like a happy laugh of disbelief - it seems like now the states are just falling like dominoes! How many are we up to now? I feel like I should get a map and progressively mark x's on the states we've won :P

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
You bring up a really interesting question Ty.. and all I can say is that personally I find I can find a guy more attractive when he wears something that accentuates his male figure. Like a fitted suit that is tailored to fit his wide shoulders and all that. So I'm curious to ask if people who find a sort of sexual attraction thing to cossdressing.. is it because a guy in a dress accentuates his femininity? Would you say some people find that sort of attractiveness in the ambiguity of gender? (Some people like girly guys so they think it's more attractive to see them in something frilly.. or the same with tomgirls?) I dunno.. I can only really answer for myself but I'm curious as to what other people are attracted to in regards to that.
I'm not entirely sure as to why this is, but I think I said once before that I think women are generally more attractive, but lack certain equipment that makes guys come out on top for me.

Make a guy look like a girl, and you've got the perfect combination. For me anyway.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
I would like to join please, just to show off my Pride :)
Hey, welcome to the club :3
You bring up a really interesting question Ty.. and all I can say is that personally I find I can find a guy more attractive when he wears something that accentuates his male figure. Like a fitted suit that is tailored to fit his wide shoulders and all that. So I'm curious to ask if people who find a sort of sexual attraction thing to crossdressing.. is it because a guy in a dress accentuates his femininity? Would you say some people find that sort of attractiveness in the ambiguity of gender? (Some people like girly guys so they think it's more attractive to see them in something frilly.. or the same with tomgirls?) I dunno.. I can only really answer for myself but I'm curious as to what other people are attracted to in regards to that.

For me, I am sexually attracted towards crossdressers. I also have the same attraction towards tomboys. However, this isn't the limits to what I'm sexually attracted too. Its hard for me to give a list of examples of what I think is hot and what I don't think isn't. I would need to see an image of the person in order to say yay or nay.
Please note though that this isn't the only reason why I'm interested in crossdressing. While I do think it looks more sexually appealing, I don't have that as the only option. I've always liked femininity (but hid it away inside myself for the past decade), I've always thought girls clothing is more attractive looking than guys, and a lot of girls clothing is more comfortable to me. (Such as skirts for example).

I don't know how else I could really respond to this actually, so I'm responding to my best. Its always hard to explain how I sexually feel towards someone.

EDIT: A few things.
First off, I think this is my favorite thread in the site. :3 I like being open about my sexuality <3
Second off, http://www.timschraeder.com/2010/06/30/a-different-kind-of-demonstration-at-gay-pride/ I got this from serebii
Third off, Is there any words for transgendered people that you guys feel as insulting? A lot of terms feel to have negative feeling to them for me such as tranny, shemale, and even transvestite. Does anyone prefer the other terms, or do they not care?

Last edited:

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Third off, Is there any words for transgendered people that you guys feel as insulting? A lot of terms feel to have negative feeling to them for me such as tranny, shemale, and even transvestite. Does anyone prefer the other terms, or do they not care?
While I'm still not 100% sure of what I fall under right now I still want to throw in my opinion.
I feel less insulted by the names but more by the 'black and white' ideals that some people have. That is to say, I'm not overly bothered personally when someone says "tranny" in my presence so long as its not said in a hateful context but when people start saying things like "You were born female so you have to dress female. Dressing as a male/binding is just wrong." I must admit it gets to me (I know that sounds overly sensitive).

Years
For me I find there's something attractive about confidence so I can totally see someone who crossdresses as attractive. You gotta have that if you're going to wear clothes made for other people. I guess that's more of a personality thing than a physical thing, but still, confidence and generally looking nice are both attractive and you don't see as many sloppy crossdressers as you do non-crossdressers. So yeah, I guess in my mind a person who crossdresses has confidence and style. Plus, with guys who crossdress anyway, there's usually that added element of beautifying themselves with makeup and whatnot that, if done right, can bring out someone's good looks.

While I'm still not 100% sure of what I fall under right now I still want to throw in my opinion.
I feel less insulted by the names but more by the 'black and white' ideals that some people have. That is to say, I'm not overly bothered personally when someone says "tranny" in my presence so long as its not said in a hateful context but when people start saying things like "You were born female so you have to dress female. Dressing as a male/binding is just wrong." I must admit it gets to me (I know that sounds overly sensitive).
That doesn't sound overly sensitive. It's a perfectly understandable and reasonable response. I mean, someone saying that is trying to dictate how you express yourself, trying to tell you that they know more about you than you do, and that's just ridiculously wrong.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
About finding crossdressing attractive; I'm typically a lesbian but I think feminine guys or guys in cute girl clothing, or with bows or braids in their hair, are just really really really cute. xD
Well first off (lol third off first off), almost nothing really offends me, but as for what I find offensive or insensitive, no actual words bother me even remotely. Actually I find "tranny" and "trap" to be funny and cute despite that they're supposed to be insults. I would only find it an insult if someone used a hateful or condescending tone, and in that case it wouldn't matter what words they used.

Now, aside from that, I agree with this post:

Also the whole "used to be a guy/girl", "wants to be a woman/man", "became", "pretending" thing. Improper terminology also bugs me but I force myself to be understanding since it's unreasonable to expect the general populace to know all this terminology about something, especially if it's something they've only barely heard of.

Offtopic: Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Why wub joo all!
1275231627885741326heart-clipart-md.png

Last edited:

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
"Tranny" "Trap" etc are all idk I hate them, they don't need to be said in an insulting fashion for me to cringe at the sound (or sight) of them because no matter how you say it they are degrading and insulting terms.
And going on what Maggie said the whole "used to be.." "became.." "wants to be.." thing really bugs me because really. If you identify as female you have always been female and if you identify as male you have always been male that's all there is to it in my opinion..

Unless of course you're genderqueer in which case I suppose it's different? Whatever you identify as you've always been I guess..

TwiDragon

Years
Glad I got some response ^.^
Yeah, the words themselves don't offend me personally, I just get a dirtier feeling towards them. I perfer the term transgendered, crossgendered, or crossdresser. Even "trap" sounds kind of cute. However, "tranny" and "transvestite" feel a lot dirtier.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Trick and trap sound kinda cute to me idk. Probably cause I was making a Poke persona (I guess you'd call it!) which was a legendary Pokemon and obviously, they're genderless in the game. But I decided to go with it still being genderless, and a friend suggested it could be "Traptini" since it was genderless, lol. /dumb story

I really hate the terms like shemale, he-she, it, etc though. Tranny doesn't bother me, though I'll be honest and it makes me think of a male-to-female trans that doesn't know how to put on make up correctly and needs me to guide them in cosmetology because even I could do better than that and they also need a new wardrobe etc. ...I'm going to shut up now!

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I think that tranny/transvestite are generally improper. The equivalent of fa*got or homo for gay people. However, it depends on the context. For some reason, it is common for a minority to call oneself by a generally negative term. Like the N word for blacks, fag for gays, and yeah, sometimes transgender people will call themselves trannies; this same type of behavior can sometimes be extended to close friends of minorities who obviously do not intend for the negative connotations. So I think it's more of the connotation to the word in its context, rather than the word itself in most cases.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I always thought trap was a cute word for it. It's a little different from the others though anyway, isn't it? I thought it meant that you weren't actually transgendered, but just looked like/dressed like a girl. I mean, Hideyoshi never even dressed up, and was constantly arguing that he's a guy, but everyone says he's a trap.

Years
If I'm gonna be perfectly honest I prefer when people don't refer to someone being transgender and just says 'woman' or 'boy' or whatever. There are probably only a handful of times and places where it would be important/necessary/permissible to bring up someone's gender like this.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Not gonna lie, I find "trap" to be a hilarious term in this context. I'm sorry, I think it's fun. It's all about how it's said, I think. Then again, I'm a gay man who thinks its hysterical when I'm called a "fagmuffin" so I may not be the best yardstick for what's acceptable. I just have a really wide sense of humour lmao.

TwiDragon

Years
^Yeah, I see you more as a girl. You are transgendered, don't get me wrong, but when I refer to you. Your a girl :3 The only time I need to bring it up is when I'm curious about it.

At the moment, I don't think it is proper to call me transgender, as I'm still wearing the same clothing and talking the same as I did last week. So, I'm not expected to get called out of being a "transgendered girl" when I still look like the same old me as I've looked like a few months before.

Also, I am doing some crossdressing Thursday. I will just be playing with hair and outfits, but thats it. If anyone is curious to see what I look like, maybe give some tips/advice and what not. PM me, I'll see if your trustworthy and what not ^.^
(I'm still a bit shy about it, but I'm opening up......)

Back