The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old October 28th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
'FUS ROH DIE', nice. I'm impressed with some of the pulls you got, what's nestled between the Rayquaza and Virizion? It looks like a Hydreigon or Garchomp or something which is pretty cool but I'm not seeing much I'll need from these packs haha. I'm swooning over the Torandus EX though, it's just a shame they had to ruin it with that dumb 'LEGENDARY TREASURES' logo. :(
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old October 28th, 2013, 06:52 AM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen View Post
I finally got back from the prerelease. I'm not exactly pleased with how bleh the Shiny Collection was. But besides that, it was actually pretty great. I just really love the art in this set.

Here's a post from my tumblr with some pictures of some things I got.
http://commander-moosen.tumblr.com/post/65286294636
I think that matte foil you described in your Tumblr post is actually what they were going for with the foil for the Shiny Collection, since it's so different from what they normally do with their foils. I'm not sure how the card stock compares to the Japanese prints yet as I've not been to a prerelease yet. Still far and away the shiniest (sub)set of Pokemon cards I've seen officially released in English because under the right lighting the whole card is filled with the foil stars.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Raikou's Avatar
Raikou
bolt-action thunder
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
'FUS ROH DIE', nice. I'm impressed with some of the pulls you got, what's nestled between the Rayquaza and Virizion? It looks like a Hydreigon or Garchomp or something which is pretty cool but I'm not seeing much I'll need from these packs haha. I'm swooning over the Torandus EX though, it's just a shame they had to ruin it with that dumb 'LEGENDARY TREASURES' logo.
Both a Hydreigon and a Garchonp, actually! I pulled one from the regular tournament and one in the booster draft. The Tornadus is so gorgeous! It's not super glossy like the standard EXs are, it's kinda matte like. I kept asking people if they would trade theirs and I wound up with 4 at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
I think that matte foil you described in your Tumblr post is actually what they were going for with the foil for the Shiny Collection, since it's so different from what they normally do with their foils. I'm not sure how the card stock compares to the Japanese prints yet as I've not been to a prerelease yet. Still far and away the shiniest (sub)set of Pokemon cards I've seen officially released in English because under the right lighting the whole card is filled with the foil stars.
Yeah, I only noticed the stars when I got home. There's not a whole lot of shine and color to the foil that they used. I don't know, I just don't think that some of the cards lived up to my expectations. Or, that I just had ridiculous expectations to begin with. xD
__________________

| tumblr | dragons | 5198-2567-3811 |
Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:39 PM
DarkRaichu80
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkRaichu80
I'm hoping to go to a second one next weekend. If I had money last Saturday, I would have done the second one then. Interesting set!
__________________
Who Gets to Keep Togepi?
We have a proud tradition of failure to uphold!" James, Team Rocket, from the episode "Who Gets to Keep Togepi?"
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Raikou's Avatar
Raikou
bolt-action thunder
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant
I'm really tempted to go to another prerelease that's not too far away. I'm really liking the odds in this set. Out of the nine booster boxes opened at the prerelease I went to, there were six gold cards pulled, three of each I believe.

If money allows it, I'll probably go!
__________________

| tumblr | dragons | 5198-2567-3811 |
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old October 28th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Profen's Avatar
Profen
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Omg the booster boxes we opened were so stacked. like 6 or 7 mews + a bunch of meloetta and stuff came in 2 boxes. Everyone got like 2-4 exs from their six packs. I unfortunately got the worst pulls at the event. I only got 1 Reshiram FA Outrager, 1 Reshiram Ex, and 1 Black Kyurem Ex Freeze Shock. In my first pre release draft. But i still happen to get 6th place out of like 20ish. went 2-2 with 1 Toxicroak and 3 outragers as my only strategy.

My second pulls were even worse. I only got Meloetta Ex on my second set of 6.

The guy next to me pulled the Golden Reshiram and FA Mew Ex from one pack. Its crazy. lol.

I am totally buying a box when its realeased, the packs are just so stacked.

The Radiant Collection itself is worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
I am so going to a prerelease this weekend. Your guy's pulls have convinced me to. And then I'll buy a booster box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen View Post
Yeah, I only noticed the stars when I got home. There's not a whole lot of shine and color to the foil that they used. I don't know, I just don't think that some of the cards lived up to my expectations. Or, that I just had ridiculous expectations to begin with. xD
The set name is probably very misleading. Using Shiny and Radiant probably led to you expecting them to be blindingly bright! :P

Still the stars covering the whole card makes up for the initial lacking of luster they have at first glance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Raikou's Avatar
Raikou
bolt-action thunder
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profen View Post
The guy next to me pulled the Golden Reshiram and FA Mew Ex from one pack. Its crazy. lol.

I am totally buying a box when its realeased, the packs are just so stacked.

The Radiant Collection itself is worth it.
The second pack that I opened, I pulled Black Kyurem EX and a full art Meloetta EX. I was totally no expecting two EXs in one pack! I've already got my booster box on preorder!


Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
The set name is probably very misleading. Using Shiny and Radiant probably led to you expecting them to be blindingly bright!

Still the stars covering the whole card makes up for the initial lacking of luster they have at first glance.
Pretty much! xD I still want all of them though!
__________________

| tumblr | dragons | 5198-2567-3811 |
Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old October 29th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Child Of Christ's Avatar
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hoenn
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
i just cant wait for my prelese i want to go ssssssssssssssssssooooooooooo bbbbaaaaddd
__________________

Brother: Starry Windy
Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old October 30th, 2013, 07:21 AM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen View Post
The second pack that I opened, I pulled Black Kyurem EX and a full art Meloetta EX. I was totally no expecting two EXs in one pack! I've already got my booster box on preorder!
That's just insane luck right there. Can I have your magic touch? I don't think that's ever happened to me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old October 30th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Child Of Christ's Avatar
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hoenn
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
best ive ever got is a ex and ace spec in the same pack by the way tomorrow is holoweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnn
__________________

Brother: Starry Windy
Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old November 2nd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Child Of Christ's Avatar
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hoenn
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
i went i pulled mew EX full art melloetta EX full art reshiram full art chandelure EX
__________________

Brother: Starry Windy
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.