• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
He abuses SD Sub Cacturne and that new Glislure set to abuse sandveil hax, its annoying. But yeah you crushed him badly lol.

Volcarona is BS really, i hate facing them too. If you cant keep rocks up, "good luck" and those Morning Sun/Chesto Rest sets UGHHHH. Chesto Rest even sets up on Toxic Blissey and waters lol. Snorlax is an overlooked counter for it though. Other than that you have revenge kill it pretty much. =/

Gonna nom Reuniclus, Sandveil/Snowcloak (you would not believe how many Cacturne/Gliscor sweeps ive seen by EuM because of this), Latios and then something of either Baton Pass MM Espeon, Smeargle, Gorebyss, Shell Smash + Baton Pass on the same set, SmashPass w/MM Espeon on the same team this round. Just something to stop BP BS, even with multiple PHazers (even Dragon Tail) its too powerful and you NEED Haze/Clear Smog (lol steel receiver) or P-Song to have even a hope, (or Brick Break i guess for screens idk) that or you can try and pull like a lucky string of crits out of the bag. :/ I think Espeon overpowers it mainly though as you literally cant stop it doing its job so i need to think about it lol.

Sure id like to contact him since i didnt say a chance to say goodbye properly either. He better be able to drink too but being mormon i doubt it haha.

I feel like I've helped to show how good SV Scor is, really. I've been spamming it on the ladder for the past month and then really it's been my MVP. Lack of recovery sucks so you can't use it to check things like Excadrill so much anymore but really it doesn't matter when it demolishes everything slower anyway (seriously +2 Acrobatics OHKOing things like phys def Jellicent lol) and like the only true checks that aren't mashed by Acrobatics are like Skarmory + Bronzong (and um scarf Icicle Spear Mamo. I ran into that once. :S). I run enough defense to not get its sub broken by Forry Gyro Ball and the standard SpD 'rachi Iron Head which gives me two mons that I really just love to see on the opposing team because when they come out, Gliscor comes in and then wrecks half their team whether with hax or just pure power and then the rest of my team cleans up. It's really like insane how good it is, even though I keep getting annoying people that are like HAX and then stall out the timer lol.

I'm not really sure who I'd nom if I got reqs. I popped up to #60ish earlier today but I kept getting railed by the fact that my computer sucks and shuts off randomly so yeah. :C I haven't really given much thought to it anyway.

Speaking of Baton Pass I've seen a jump in those kinds of teams lately. They're really not bad especially when all the passing is done will and you don't get lucky enough to KO Espeon early on (lol Roar). Espeon really makes even pure Baton Pass teams good/decent now that its legal. :/

edit: i didn't see this part of your post lol

d-a said:
I really dislike the rating system of Pokemon Online, you lose once and you're essentially screwed see: e.g ass -23 matches. And have to start from alot lower, makes it so much more tedious, ugh lol. :/ Needs changing imo.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah that's BS and annoying as hell. It's nice to know you can beat two of the top ten guys in a row to go up like idk +25 and then lose one match to a random nob and lose that gain entirely. :/ It's also nice when you get +0 -32 matches.... that's really a wonderful time.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Attention all Pokemon Online players!

The PokeCommunity Pokemon Online server is back online. Come join us. ^o^ :3 ^o^ desu~

Years
Attention all Pokemon Online players!

The PokeCommunity Pokemon Online server is back online. Come join us. ^o^ :3 ^o^ desu~

Ok n___n, so time for a new topic o3o ^o^, desu~

Alright, so basically users Vrai and Eo Ut Mortus have been steadily dominating the ladder with a very controversial ability, known by no other name than Sand Veil. Basically, SubSD Cacturne and Gliscor work in the same way that Garchomp did with that very ability, the latter being more effective than the former. I've fought said Gliscor and needless to say, it managed to beat Rotom-W, one of its best counters, due to Hydro Pump constantly missing.

>Should Smogon have banned Sand Veil on all Pokemon that have it, instead of its #1 Abuser, Garchomp?

>Do you think Garchomp deserves to be unbanned with Rough Skin, if Sand Veil is nommed and banned/

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
>Should Smogon have banned Sand Veil on all Pokemon that have it, instead of its #1 Abuser, Garchomp?

>Do you think Garchomp deserves to be unbanned with Rough Skin, if Sand Veil is nommed and banned/

Only when all the alternate abilities are released id go for this. If you ban sandveil (and snow cloak should go too to avoid being bias) now you place a soft ban on Sandslash, Beartic and Froslass because they have no alternate abilities....yet...

Id like Garchomp unbanned simply because its probably one of the best scarfers and im sick of broken crap like Volcarona atm (who is rightfully getting some suspect attention now that i brought it up in the thread on smogon).

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Maybe I'm getting lucky on the ladder but I haven't had too much trouble with Volcaronas. The ones I usually face aren't very potent at anything. But yea I think I'm just getting lucky.

As for Sand Veil/Snow Cloak, I really think the only bans should be SVChomp and SVGliscor. I don't really see anyone else who's that broken.

.Aero

Years
Considering I've stopped battling for a lil' bit, I'm not too familiar with the trend of sand veil abuse outside of Garchomp back before it was banned. I understand now people are running that Sub / SD / Acrobatics / Earthquake Gliscor with Flying Gem to basically hammer anything that decides to join them. Seems a bit overpowered to me.

Cacturne I dunno about. I used brightpowder sand veil Cacnea in LC if that counts at all (since brightpowder isn't banned in LC), and it was very trollish. If Cacturne is anything like his nephew, then I'd say it can be annoying.

View on Sand Veil / Snow Cloak: Ban them until further notice. I understand things like Sandslash / Beartic / Froslass will have issues, but who uses them anyway? I didn't know Beartic had Snow Cloak by the way. ;] I might just make a hail team and try to abuse it with him. xD

View on Chomp: Let him back in when Rough Skin is released. He was banned on the basis of things like Ice Shard missing due to Sand Veil, or the annoying SubChomp set that could easily thrash a whole team if it was lucky enough, so if he has Rough Skin, let him back in. That rhymed.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Maybe I'm getting lucky on the ladder but I haven't had too much trouble with Volcaronas. The ones I usually face aren't very potent at anything. But yea I think I'm just getting lucky.

As for Sand Veil/Snow Cloak, I really think the only bans should be SVChomp and SVGliscor. I don't really see anyone else who's that broken.

Volcarona is only really potent with the right player behind it and the right support, ie removing and keeping SR off the field. Once it gets 2 QDs it's basically GG because its defenses are solid enough that it's not getting OHKOd by any priority especially in sun (boo aqua jet) and it will outspeed and kill everything else. :(

View on Sand Veil / Snow Cloak: Ban them until further notice. I understand things like Sandslash / Beartic / Froslass will have issues, but who uses them anyway? I didn't know Beartic had Snow Cloak by the way. ;] I might just make a hail team and try to abuse it with him. xD

View on Chomp: Let him back in when Rough Skin is released. He was banned on the basis of things like Ice Shard missing due to Sand Veil, or the annoying SubChomp set that could easily thrash a whole team if it was lucky enough, so if he has Rough Skin, let him back in. That rhymed.

People use Froslass in UU but the other two don't have much usage really. Maybe NU spin for Sandslash? ..and Beartic still doesn't warrant any usage lol.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Well the metagame "seems" to have balanced out a little, at least its fun. Still gonna nom my original mons/abilities though lol.

Also i made another team that was more solid than my #1 team as it kept losing to Starmie, Volcabroken and Terrakion. I have replaced said team with an even MORE annoying and abusive strat. Put my ass at #15 for the time being lol.

EDIT:

Start of turn 1
The foe's Deoxys-S used Fire Punch!
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 288 HP! (83% of its health)
The foe's Deoxys-S is hurt by its Life Orb!
Scizor used U-Turn

Is why you dont run noob sets/gimmicks on the ladder and expect to win kids. :] lol

Last edited:

.Aero

Years
I feel this thread is a proper place to make my announcement to the CBC community: Let me just say, competitive battling has become dry, repetitive, and just generally annoying. I've lost interest severely this time, more so than I ever have before when taking a hiatus. I'm not sure what about me has caused this drastic change in my view of competitive battling, but I'm afraid I can't do much about it other than to accept it. So here, I'll make my announcement that I'm officially done with competitive battling on Pokemon.

Now this isn't a "goodbye PC" post, but merely a post stating that I no longer wish to battle. Any and all tournaments I'm currently involved with I will be forfeiting my matches. I just...don't feel like doing them anymore. CBC is dying guys. I can't stand to watch it wilt away, but it is and I feel like I've tried to make a difference, but it's not a lasting change, or I'm withheld by something else from doing what I feel could make CBC more successful.

Now I guess there's a little reasoning I should put behind the reason I'm quitting. The metagame is dull. If you don't run Special Defensive Jirachi or Special Defensive Scizor, you lose. It's as simple as that. If you don't run some form or priority, you lose to Excadrill (in sand at least) or Scarf Terrakion. I feel the gameplay has become so mechanized that I can't stand making new teams as they quite honestly end up being the same as a past team, save 2 or 3 pokemon, or exactly the same as another team I've seen someone in our community use. It's just not fun anymore. But hey, at least the BW metagame isn't as dull as the steel/dragon **** storm that was DPPt. With this loss of interest, I stopped rating teams...stopped caring. That's why I'm quitting, I just don't care anymore.

Now don't take that the wrong way. I certainly care about all of you at CBC, and certainly plan to visit the server quite often. Just don't ever ask me for a battle, because I will simply refuse. I've deleted all my teams, and no longer have even one of them saved. My adorable Amoonguss team, gone. My exceptional ADV team, gone. It's official. I'm being dramatic, I know, it's how I was taught in AP Lang & Comp and I don't know any better.

So I hope you all can understand and accept the fact that I won't be battling anymore. I don't want to lose friends over this, because you all are truly my friends. :] Also, on a side-note, if anyone wants to take over my planned clan, I can provide the OP that I had waiting via PM.

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 16, 2011
I feel this thread is a proper place to make my announcement to the CBC community: Let me just say, competitive battling has become dry, repetitive, and just generally annoying. I've lost interest severely this time, more so than I ever have before when taking a hiatus. I'm not sure what about me has caused this drastic change in my view of competitive battling, but I'm afraid I can't do much about it other than to accept it. So here, I'll make my announcement that I'm officially done with competitive battling on Pokemon.

Now this isn't a "goodbye PC" post, but merely a post stating that I no longer wish to battle. Any and all tournaments I'm currently involved with I will be forfeiting my matches. I just...don't feel like doing them anymore. CBC is dying guys. I can't stand to watch it wilt away, but it is and I feel like I've tried to make a difference, but it's not a lasting change, or I'm withheld by something else from doing what I feel could make CBC more successful.

Now I guess there's a little reasoning I should put behind the reason I'm quitting. The metagame is dull. If you don't run Special Defensive Jirachi or Special Defensive Scizor, you lose. It's as simple as that. If you don't run some form or priority, you lose to Excadrill (in sand at least) or Scarf Terrakion. I feel the gameplay has become so mechanized that I can't stand making new teams as they quite honestly end up being the same as a past team, save 2 or 3 pokemon, or exactly the same as another team I've seen someone in our community use. It's just not fun anymore. But hey, at least the BW metagame isn't as dull as the steel/dragon **** storm that was DPPt. With this loss of interest, I stopped rating teams...stopped caring. That's why I'm quitting, I just don't care anymore.

Now don't take that the wrong way. I certainly care about all of you at CBC, and certainly plan to visit the server quite often. Just don't ever ask me for a battle, because I will simply refuse. I've deleted all my teams, and no longer have even one of them saved. My adorable Amoonguss team, gone. My exceptional ADV team, gone. It's official. I'm being dramatic, I know, it's how I was taught in AP Lang & Comp and I don't know any better.

So I hope you all can understand and accept the fact that I won't be battling anymore. I don't want to lose friends over this, because you all are truly my friends. :] Also, on a side-note, if anyone wants to take over my planned clan, I can provide the OP that I had waiting via PM.

Cry moar!

Also is the PO sever down? I can't get on it :s

.Aero

Years
It's up. o.o

You're typing home.brokenrevolution.com into the advanced connection bar, right?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022

You don't have to run those things. :s I haven't run any of those in my past three teams and all three have gotten to top 100 on ladder, one going to top 50 or so and the other peaking at #13. I mean I'm not going to argue if you really feel like it's not for you anymore but you can still be innovative and creative and come up with new ways to beat things. You don't have to use the same-old same-old strats people have been using to deal with things. Be spontaneous and creative!

But like I said if you really don't care anymore I guess I can't do anything about that. :(

And I kinda also want to apologize for my lack of posting and rating and stuff too. Being at practice all the time is really killing my free time and half the time I just wanna sit here and do nothing when I should be doing something important. :(

Darmanitan is best used as a Scarfer on Drought teams.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

Just try another metagame dude. I agree OU sucks at the moment and seeing the same Pokes every battle is extremely easy to take advantage. I designed my team to abuse this fact and this past week ive been in the top 5 and 10 consistently. Im sure going to be nominating all of the stuff that force you to use Sp.Def Scizor (horrible set) and Jirachi (im looking at you Reunibroken and Latiuber) lol. Reuniclus is more broken than Latios imo though. At least you can check Latios. If Reuniclus uses Trick Room it decimates ~90% of its so called checks. Plus ive been seeing people use HP Fire over Shadow Ball for said "sp.def steel" checks. Psychics are easy to get rid of anyway because of ScarfTar/CB Tar's rise in usage so you dont even lose anything from losing S-Ball lol. :/

May i suggest Ubers ? Its incredibly balanced compared to any other tier. I haven't battled ubers since gen 4, but ive watched a few gen 5 battles and it looks incredibly fun. Any team play style seems to work, ive seen stall, weather, HO and everything inbetween. Even guys like Tentacruel and Cloyster can shine there. Also if you have a weakness to something dumb ? Put in an Arceus forme to counter utility things and lol. :]

NU and LU (on PO) are really fun too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I doubt the metagame will ever be anymore diverse than now. There will be always be those Pokémon you see on every team, in my opinion anyway. I would say it's pretty diverse if I hear popular teams using Pokémon like Cacturne, Gastrodon, and Roserade. You would never see that type of creativity during the last generation, only a new "twist" on a already popular Pokémon. Battling is more interesting when you think out-of-the-box with your teams, even if it won't be as successful as using the top 25 Pokémon.

Of course you will lose interest eventually though, breaks always help.

Years
Just curious and all, but which of you would play "wifi" with gen 3 (no typo) online i said for arguments sake "knew" how to with a VBA via servers ? ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO9VR76yXUQ&feature=relmfu

example of what i mean. -sparkle shimmer- lol

That's pretty cool, Elf. Although I haven't touched ADV Gen and I still prefer PO to Wifi, so I'm not sure if I'd be interested. Anyhow, I figured I'd share this, it's a Pokemon Online battle recorder, and while it's still in development, it's p neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back