• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
2 questions:
1-The gender of a pokemon in an egg, is it random? or something determines it?
Telling this since I want female charmander & squirtle, but everytime the egg hatches I get males. (Currently on my 5th try)
2-"The save data was destroyed" got this message on red, but it wasn´t battery-related since I restarted and CAN save. (Also haven't caught M' or MissingNo.)
Can anyone tell me why this happened?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
In the game's coding, each Pokémon species has a gender ratio. For example, Charmander is programmed to have a gender ratio of 87.5% male to 12.5% female (you can look it up), so if you're breeding for Charmander eggs you can expect a 1/8 chance of getting a female and 7/8 chance of getting a male.

Sorry, I can't help you there.
Thanks for the answers.

Anybody here:
The thing with the eggs is that I have saved before they hatch.
So, can the gender be changed by resetting before the hatching?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Thanks for the answers.

Anybody here:
The thing with the eggs is that I have saved before they hatch.
So, can the gender be changed by resetting before the hatching?

That won't work, the Pokemon in the eggs stats are determined when it's made. iirc.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2011
Level 15 Chansey RBY?

I'm looking for a level 15 Chansey obtain in Red, Blue, or Yellow without the use of cheat codes. I want her for my Pika Cup team in Stadium.

A reliable Pokemon website reports that a level 15 Chansey can be found in the Yellow Safari Zone (on its Pika Cup information page). However, the same website says on its Kanto Safari Zone page that the lowest that can be caught in Yellow is 21, which is too high for the Pika Cup. The N64 Pokemon Stadium allows for the rental of a level 15 Chansey.

So, does anyone know if a level 15 Chansey can be caught in RBY. If so, how? Thank you!

Perriechu

Years
I'm looking for a level 15 Chansey obtain in Red, Blue, or Yellow without the use of cheat codes. I want her for my Pika Cup team in Stadium.

A reliable Pokemon website reports that a level 15 Chansey can be found in the Yellow Safari Zone (on its Pika Cup information page). However, the same website says on its Kanto Safari Zone page that the lowest that can be caught in Yellow is 21, which is too high for the Pika Cup. The N64 Pokemon Stadium allows for the rental of a level 15 Chansey.

So, does anyone know if a level 15 Chansey can be caught in RBY. If so, how? Thank you!

Yep, it is possible. But only on Pokemon Yellow. Area 1 of the Safari Zone houses Level 7 Chansey. Good luck finding them. Only 1% chance of them appearing.

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2012
Can anyone help me to make up a good movepool for Jolteon in Gold? I already have Thunder and Shadow ball, not sure what the other 2 moves should be.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd go Thunderbolt > Thunder, because Thunder has lower accuracy and isn't reliable. But if that's not available to you, then Thunder will suffice. You're only really losing accuracy in choosing Thunder over T-Bolt. Shadow Ball should be fine. For your last two slots, I recommend Iron Tail and Thunder Wave. Jolteon doesn't look like it has a lot of options, judging from her gen II learn set. :(

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2012
I'd go Thunderbolt > Thunder, because Thunder has lower accuracy and isn't reliable. But if that's not available to you, then Thunder will suffice. You're only really losing accuracy in choosing Thunder over T-Bolt. Shadow Ball should be fine. For your last two slots, I recommend Iron Tail and Thunder Wave. Jolteon doesn't look like it has a lot of options, judging from her gen II learn set. :(

Alright I'll go with that, thanks for the help :) His movepool is indeed pretty bad in gen II, its on Gold so I can only learn him Thunder not Thunderbolt :(

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2011
Alright I'll go with that, thanks for the help :) His movepool is indeed pretty bad in gen II, its on Gold so I can only learn him Thunder not Thunderbolt :(

Or you could be a hipster and teach him Zap Cannon.

GAH! ITS NOT LIKE YOUVE EVEN HEARD OF IT! ;)

Years
Is it true that in the Japanese Red and Green if you caught 150 Pokemon that the guy in celadon would give you Mew while in the American version you just got a diploma?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Is it true that in the Japanese Red and Green if you caught 150 Pokemon that the guy in celadon would give you Mew while in the American version you just got a diploma?

No, Mew is only obtainable in those games by using the Mew glitch in both US and Japanese games.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
pokemon yellow audio problem

Hello,
I have a question:
My pokemon yellow has an audio problem,
when my pikachu is talking, I hear interferences.
Does anyone has this problem? If so, do you know how to fix it?

thanks to reply back^^

see ya;)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hello,
I have a question:

thanks to reply back^^

see ya;)

What kind of interference? Pikachu's voice is meant to sound like it's anime voice in low quality. If it's just not like a bad quality anime voice, being more specific could help.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
Just wondering, but if you were to get rid of your Pikachu in Yellow, and get a different Pikachu, would the new one still follow you around? I've been thinking about that for awhile now...haha...Is there some secret code or something that the game puts on that Pikachu in order to make it follow you around??

Perriechu

Years
Just wondering, but if you were to get rid of your Pikachu in Yellow, and get a different Pikachu, would the new one still follow you around? I've been thinking about that for awhile now...haha...Is there some secret code or something that the game puts on that Pikachu in order to make it follow you around??

I think it will. I'm pretty sure it's coded so that all Pikachu's will follow you. However, you cannot obtain another Pikachu in Yellow. And I'm sure (not 100% positive) that I heard that you couldn't trade Pikachu. Meaning you cannot obtain another one. Meaning you're stuck with your normal Pikachu. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Hello,
I have a question:

thanks to reply back^^

see ya;)

It's not interference. Everyone's sounds like that. It's amazingly low quality. But what do you expect? It's for the Game Boy Color. Don't expect amazingly high quality haha. :) So don't worry; it's not your game.

Last edited:

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
I think it will. I'm pretty sure it's coded so that all Pikachu's will follow you. However, you cannot obtain another Pikachu in Yellow. And I'm sure (not 100% positive) that I heard that you couldn't trade Pikachu. Meaning you cannot obtain another one. Meaning you're stuck with your normal Pikachu. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Hmm, I heard you can trade it off or something to a R/B cartridge that way you can evolve it. And I heard you can catch a Pikachu in R/B and trade it Yellow, but i've never tried it for myself. I wonder if I do, if the traded one will follow me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back