• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2017
Want to play some gb/gbc (gbc is more appreciated) COMPLETED hacks on my old java phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 4, 2019
Just curious, has anyone attempted to make a "devamp" of pokemon OR/AS by hacking the gba games (basically updating Ruby/Emerald)?

OliDSi

Pokemon Friend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
Hi guys, I'm looking for a completed Rom hack that has all Pokemon in their respective game available to be caught without using trading, also a difficulty increase to the regular games for Example, level increases and different Pokemon for Trainers, Gym Leaders and Rival battles.

I'm thinking of Pokemon FR/LG and Emerald, Any Help would be great thanks :)

Have a look at Pokemon Fire Red Omega.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2017
Recommend some gb/gbc (gbc is more appreciated) COMPLETED hacks?

Thank u :D

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Need info about what hack to choose.

Hi, i'm very new at this and this is my first post.

Actually i'm looking for a simple hacked version of FR or GL or Emerald. I've seen there are lots of great hacks but i'm looking for something pretty basic. Not custom gameplay or story or graphics. Just a hack with a few "unlocks":
-All their 386 pkmn obtainable in the wild, not just obtainable by pokemon event. I mean, No hacks with added sprites or pkmn not supported by the vanilla versions.
-All TMs and items purchasable. Again, only those available in the vanilla versions.
-Evolutions like alakazam or gengar obtainable by leveling, not trading. And all evee evolutions (until gen3) available.

But i don't know which one has JUST these features... that's why i'm asking if someone knows of a hack with those and only those changes.

I was thinking to do it for myself, i've already got some tools to begin with it. But Since those "features" are pretty common i have the feeling i'm not the first one with that idea of an "enhanced-ultimate-complete-vanilla".

Is there a way to get those hacks individually and patch them into a rom? Thanks for your time.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Spoiler:

Try looking in the sideshow showcase section. It features what you're looking for.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Yeah, been there. But there are lots of hacks and most of them with their own custom story/graphics/fakemons/moves/regions/etc.
Too much customization for my beginner taste. That's why i'm asking if someone knows the name of one or a link to a hack with those features but not the others.

OliDSi

Pokemon Friend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
I'm looking for a ROM hack with 5th gen starters and Pokemon.
I would really appreciate if someone could tell me if there is any. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 13, 2015
Okay, so let's get straight to the point here.

I'm currently in the middle of a (possibly life changing) nostalgia binge. I've got season 1 of Indigo League on the TV, and a list of emulators getting longer by the day, but my main quest is now to find a ROM Hack for a GBA/DS version of Pokémon Yellow (lightning/thunder?) where Pikachu actually follows you around like the original.
I've found a GBA Fire Red hack which is very good, the story has been modified to the original GBC Yellow version, but alas, no little yellow companion snapping at your heels, and frankly, it's driving my OCD'S up the wall!

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
Do you guys know any rom hacks where you get to play as a gym leader or play as a wild pokemon not trying to be caught by trainers?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
Rom hack with all legendaries/gen 6

Hello guys! I was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit...... I am trying to find rom hacks that have gen 6 pokemon and legendaries but it seems I am still struggling. I have played pokemon resolute, glazed and mega power but I really want to experience pokemon x and y (catch yveltal zygarde and all.....) so can you guys help me?

Years
Hello guys! I was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit...... I am trying to find rom hacks that have gen 6 pokemon and legendaries but it seems I am still struggling. I have played pokemon resolute, glazed and mega power but I really want to experience pokemon x and y (catch yveltal zygarde and all.....) so can you guys help me?

Just so you're aware, I've moved your thread to be a post here in the Hack Recommendations Thread.

As for your question, recent releases with Gen. 6 Pokémon (I'm not sure any of these are completed, mind) include Eclipse, Discovery, and (self-promotion time!) Gaia.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
Just so you're aware, I've moved your thread to be a post here in the Hack Recommendations Thread.

As for your question, recent releases with Gen. 6 Pokémon (I'm not sure any of these are completed, mind) include Eclipse, Discovery, and (self-promotion time!) Gaia.

Ahh thank you I was a doof to not find the thread on my own!
and yes I am aware of these games! though I know they are still in development..... I tried to give gaia a try but for some reason all I get is a white screen so I will try again to patch it.

Years
I wanna a rom hack that has Gen 6 or Mega Evolutions, and maybe fakemons too, dont need to have all this 3 caracteristc but one of them will be welcome.

Sorry for any english mistake

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Alright here's my deal now.

I played through Omega Emerald and loved it, and now I'm looking to get into hacking scene myself. But before I do I want to play through a FireRed hack, to get a feel for that game since it's been like ten years since I played it.

Here's what I'm looking for in a hack, if possible:

-Kanto setting/story

-Expanded Dex. I'd love to play a FR hack that incorporates Pokemon from the first five generations, but that's a bit of a stretch I'm sure. Something beyond Gen 3 would be great though, similar to how Omega Emerald incorporated a handful of Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon

-Gen 4/5 mechanics: PSS, Fairy type, new moves and abilities

-Decapitalization would be nice

-Improved difficulty

Are there any FireRed hacks that fit the above bill?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 22, 2015
What roms to play next?

So my first experience into the hack/fan made roms was pokemon Mon reborn which is the current series that is coming out on my youtube, but as there are so many out there to pick I was hoping to get the community opinion on them as to what you guys would like. So let me know what roms what there like and even if adding a challenge like wedlocke or nuzlocke would be cool. Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 22, 2015
Hey, I played fire red and emerald long time ago. Now I got a new job where I have to travel with a bus every day so I figured I might as well kill time and revisit the games. I am looking for a simple fire red / leaf green rom which just makes a game harder and more interesting. No fancy stuff or 300+ pokemons if you know what I mean. Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 2, 2015
Hey guys, i downloaded Dark Diamond the other day and have got to a bit where it keeps crashing, I've only just found out that work has ceased on it and now im looking for a complete hack for any of the DS games. Could someone please tell me some of the finished ones?
thank you :)

Hey guys, could you help me out and list me some of the completed mods for any of the DS pokemon games? Im having trouble finding complete ones, i cant find a list on this website anywhere, if there is already a list somewhere and ive missed it could you like me to it?

thank you,

Back