• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm going to say Ditto need not evolve. It can already "evolve" into 648 other Pokémon, albeit temporarily.

Cyclone
I agree. A Ditto evolutions seems unnecessary. Taking into consideration that its evolution's only attack might be Transform as well, there wouldn't be much point in having one other than increased stats. And even then, it just isn't worth it in my opinion. Ditto's ability to transform into any Pokémon is as close to evolution as Ditto may ever get in my opinion ─ which isn't a bad thing if you ask me.

I hope espacially for Eevee evolutions
I mean, why should be a guy in the anime who wins with an eevee team?
(Does the anime actually know about the 6. Gen???)
The producers of the anime do get word of any upcoming new games or generations ahead of time. It's how they're able to prep and shape the anime's upcoming episodes and new story arcs in order to promote the new gmaes come time of release.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Personally I think that a few Pokémon just have to be kept weak, whether it be Farfetch'd or Luvdisc or something else. You can't have everything be strong.

Absolutely. But it's only natural for people to want their favourites to be usable. Though I wonder how they'd feel if their faves got evos and they turned out to be hideous.

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
Years
I WANT TO SEE MORE EEVEELUTIONS!!!

I would certainly love to see a dragon type eevee, or even a ground or fighting type eevee... but really, any type they introduce the next generation would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not really fond of pre-evolutions... :/ They're cute but, they don't really contribute to anything in game in any way. I would rather see evolutions for Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, or Sableye. The first two and similar Pokémon are just so weak that they don't really serve a purpose for existing. They can't be used competitively; but with an evolution they may become actually usable. With Dunsparce for example, being it some sort of snake caterpillar, they could cook up any kind of evolution...!

Tauros, Sableye, Heracross, or even Lapras... all of them could use a evolution. Just like Rhyperior with Rhydon.

Absolutely. But it's only natural for people to want their favourites to be usable. Though I wonder how they'd feel if their faves got evos and they turned out to be hideous.

Well I don't know for others but surely Farfetch'd isn't even close to be one of my favorite Pokémon. Farfetch'd is just so weak it can be used in any way! Well, aside from being a very popular dish in Kanto according to the anime. Maybe they'll just eat all the Farfetch'd and stop the poor thing from existing...

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I'm agreeing with everyone here, it would be neat to see a new eeveelution! For example a dragon-type one would be really cool, or maybe even one that's flying? I'm not exactly sure but I hope they give us some impressive Pokemon. I think they'll introduce Pokemon based off mythological creatures maybe such as griffins for flying types, or who knows :3? I believe Game Freak will go deeper in Pokemon's designs this time.

Yeah I have to agree farfetch'd isn't very well liked, as a battler or design-wise, so I'm not sure if fans will be pleased to see an evolution honestly. :<

Guy

just a guy
Years
Yeah I have to agree farfetch'd isn't very well liked, as a battler or design-wise, so I'm not sure if fans will be pleased to see an evolution honestly. :<
All the more reason to give Farfetch'd an evolution if you ask me. If it's not well received by its design or poor stats, then what's the hurt in giving it a new stage in evolution to possibly correct those errors? It already has a decent movepool to learn from, and with Gen VI those set of moves will only expand. Should it gain an appealing evolution with stronger stats, I could see many fans changing their perspective on Farfetch'd. It certaintly wouldn't hurt if it's general popularity among the fans aren't that large in number anyway.

Personally, I like Farfetch'd's design. I see nothing wrong with it. I'd just like to see its stats get a good boost with an evolution since I think it's one of those older Pokémon that currently deserves one. My only real concern is how do you top a name like Farfetch'd?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
To be honest, I would actually like to see a new evolution of Farfech'd, but if they're ever making a new one... I'd be expecting the design to be looking more like a bird samurai than anything else.

I think there's been fan art somewhere that shows something like that. But it surely would be interesting. ^^

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I doubt they'd evolve Farfetch'd...especially at this point.

Its supposed to be a joke. Its a duck with the leek-stick already included, saving everyone the trouble of getting one. Its ready to be cooked.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
What would you name a Farfetch'd evolution? Nearthro'n?

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
What would you name a Farfetch'd evolution? Nearthro'n?

Cyclone
Don' be Abser'd, that would be R'duckulus.

One thing I could potentially see happening with the idea of a Farfetch'd evolution would be it becoming one of our very first Flying / Fighting type Pokémon.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I understand people wanting evolutions to Pokemon like Sablye and Farfech'd, but in my view, I'd rather not see them. Why? I don't think all Pokemon should be powerful, nor should all have evolutions. One thing I have always loved about Pokemon is that all the monsters are different, they may not all be strong, but they can be good for other things. I fear we might be losing this diversity, but hey, I'm open to change.

Years
All the more reason to give Farfetch'd an evolution if you ask me. If it's not well received by its design or poor stats, then what's the hurt in giving it a new stage in evolution to possibly correct those errors? It already has a decent movepool to learn from, and with Gen VI those set of moves will only expand. Should it gain an appealing evolution with stronger stats, I could see many fans changing their perspective on Farfetch'd. It certaintly wouldn't hurt if it's general popularity among the fans aren't that large in number anyway.

Personally, I like Farfetch'd's design. I see nothing wrong with it. I'd just like to see its stats get a good boost with an evolution since I think it's one of those older Pokémon that currently deserves one. My only real concern is how do you top a name like Farfetch'd?

I'd definitely want to see Farfetch'd get an evolution, especially if they fix the stats up. It might get more love this way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That could be interesting (...but it wouldn't use an existing evolution stone.)

Yeah just something brand new if that were to happen, since male doesn't necessarily mean night, imo. ;x Though I like the line how it is, but idm if there's something new added to it.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I just kind of wonder if Cryogonal will get either a pre-evolution or an evolved form? It would be rather interesting to see a new evolution of Cryogonal, knowing that it doesn't have a pre-evolution and doesn't evolve.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
seeing tropius and skarmory with a pre-evolution would be awesome :D

it is possible for more eeveelutions, because in every generation with an even number, 2 new evo's were introduced:

Gen.II; Espeon & Umbreon
Gen.IV; Leafeon & Glaceon

You see that in gen II, 1 eeveelution is super effective against the other (Dark - Psychic) and in Gen IV, the same thing happened ( Ice - Grass)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

it is possible for more eeveelutions, because in every generation with an even number, 2 new evo's were introduced:

Gen.II; Espeon & Umbreon

You see that in gen II, 1 eeveelution is super effective against the other (Dark - Psychic) and in Gen IV, the same thing happened ( Ice - Grass)

So basically we could have a possibility of steel/ground, for example, and it wouldn't be totally unlikely! I wouldn't be surprised if they just introduced one, though.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

Gen.II; Espeon & Umbreon

And the first one, which is odd.
Gen I: Eevee & Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon

but anyhow
2 instances ARE NOT A PATTERN.

Like, how do you know they don't "wait" always +1 generation in between?
1- yes
2- yes
3- no
4- yes
5- no
6- no
7- yes
8- no
9- no
10-no
11-yes

Of course this is just as ridiculous and gamefreak probably decides whetehr they make an eeveelution on actual reasons, not because of a pattern.

Things they would include in such a consideration would be like,
-what kind of generation it is (evolutions or reboot)
-if they have good ideas for more
-if they even want to make more, or whether Eevee fulfilled its purpose already with the 7.
Things like that.

Whether a generation is even, I assure you, doesn't have any direct relevance to the matter.

As for "one of duo weak against other".. its also irrelevant.
For example Umbreon was also immune against Espeon, while Glaceon doesn't even resist Leafeon.

Its simply because if you pick 2 random types, there is a high chance one will be weak to the other.

Back