• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PBR RainDance Team

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
Years
Hello everyone. I recently bought Pokemon Battle Revolution, and I thought I could make a RainDance team for it, and I wanted to get peoples opinions on it so far as I am fairly new to competetive gameplay. This is the team.

(Please note all Pokemon have been fully EV trained via Carbos/Iron ect, using an Action Replay.

Name:
SlowKing (Royale)
Ability:
Oblivious (Immune to gender based moves like attract)
Nature:
Relaxed
Stats:
HP - 328
Attack - 175
Defense - 243
Sp.Attack - 242
Sp.Defense - 270
Speed - 105
Item:
Leftovers
Moves:
Psychic,
HiddenPower,
CalmMind,
Yawn,
Notes:
Possibly my favourite of these Pokemon, and seems to be the most effective to my battle style.

Name:
Blastoise (Torrent)
Ability:
Torrent (Raises power of water moves when health is below 1/3)
Nature:
Mild
Stats:
HP - 316
Attack - 197
Defense - 231
Sp.Attack - 247
Sp.Defense - 261
Speed - 203
Item:
ShellBell
Moves:
HydroPump,
HeadSmash,
RainDance,
Protect,
Notes:
Starter Pokemon tend to have reletively high stats, added to Torrent and Hydropump with the STAB bonus is a very effective combination indeed.

Name:
Luxray (Shiray)
Ability:
Rivalry (Ups attack if foe is of same gender)
Nature:
Serious
Stats:
HP - 306
Attack - 247
Defense - 209
Sp.Attack - 237
SP.Defense - 211
Speed - 177
Item:
ExpertBelt
Moves:
Thunder,
RainDance,
ThunderWave,
Attract,
Notes:
Will most likely change to a more Sp.Attack based Electric-type. Also, ability is fairly risky.

Name:
Dewgong (Dewaya)
Ability:
Hydration (Removes status conditions in Rain)
Nature:
Modest
Stats:
HP - 294
Attack - 168
Defense - 194
Sp.Attack - 206
Sp.Defense - 222
Speed - 201
Item:
DampRock
Moves:
Surf,
IceBeam,
RainDance,
Rest,
Notes:
Raindance, Rest and Hydration work perfectly together. Giving Dewgong an instant full heal without the sleepy downside.

Name:
Kingdra (Quendera)
Ability:
Sniper (Powers up Critical hits)
Nature:
Careful
Stats:
HP - 301
Attack - 227
Defense - 223
Sp.Attack - 206
Sp.Defense - 275
Speed - 215
Item:
ScopeLens
Moves:
HydroPump,
DracoMeteor,
Yawn,
FocusEnergy,
Notes:
Sniper, FocusEnergy and ScopeLens cause huge amounts of powered-up critical hits, causing massive damage to everything. Although I may catch another Kingdra with the SwiftSwim ability to make full use of the Rain. And that would mean I would have to replace FocusEnergy and the ScopeLens to something more fiting.

Name:
Milotic (Milonia)
Ability:
MarvelScale (Raises defense if there's a Status problem)
Nature:
Timid
Stats:
HP - 347
Attack - 137
Defense - 188
Sp.Attack - 261
Sp.Defense - 297
Speed - 238
Item:
MysticWater
Moves:
Surf,
Recover,
Attract,
RainDance,
Notes:
Works well as a support Pokemon. And can slowly, but surely take out the opponent... Unless the foe has the Water Absorb ability.

So, that's my RainDance team. Try and keep any feedback as constructive as possible, not just "Ur team suks" and other near worthless comments like that.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
It's difficult to rate without knowing your Pokemon's EVs, natures, and held items.

Anyway just from glancing at your team Surf > Waterfall (unless you're going for a Mixed attacker which I don't know why you would). and Ice Beam > Blizzard on Dewgong. Blizzard should only be used on a Hail team.

Also Double Team is banned in competitive battles so replace that with something else on your Kingdra. Focus Energy is also a gimmicky attack; you'd be better off with Draco Meteor or even better, using a Phsyical-based set like Dragon Dance. Also get a Kingdra with the Swift Swim ability. A Rain Dance team uses abilities and moves that take full advantage of the weather effect you are using.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
Years
Maybe you have a point, I'll update it ASAP with stats, natures and all that stuff when I can, which is pretty much now. So far, the teams been fantastic on PBR, although I do agree with multiple aspects of your post. Thanks for the feedback.

Back