• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon FireRed:B/W Music Patch!

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
dmzt.jpg

Intro

Hello people, I am Zortac, the ex-creator(yes, ex ) of Pokémon:LightRed version.
After quitting on the hack, I thought that I could create a BW Music hack for Pokémon Emerald.
After 2 days, the idea didn't really work out, so I moved onto FireRed instead.
It worked.
Progress
Current beta progress:
Mistalton City theme
Route 11 theme
Striaton City
Route 1 theme
Accumula Town theme
Nuvema Town theme
Trainer battle music
Wild pokemon battle music
Castelia City theme
Demixed but NOT inserted(yet...):
Nimbasa City theme
Anville Town theme
-FOR BETA 2.0-
I am planning to post the 2nd beta after I inserted 21 songs from Pokémon B/W and 4 from B2/W2.
Videos
OLD
Spoiler:

NEW
Spoiler:

Screenshots
New beta 1.6.2.1 has B/W Colored textboxes.
zva5.jpg

Credits
Me=95% of the things(Song demixes, finding out which instruments each song uses in FireRed,etc.)
VGMusic=for the Castelia City demix in Beta 1.5
???=for posting B/W MIDIs on the internet.
AtecainCorp.:For letting me use some of his demixes.
(???=I don't remember the name, will post it as soon as I can find the name)
Download:
Old:

New:
Spoiler:

Beta 2:N/A
BETA 3:N/A
Userbars

Website/Changelog
Click here to get redirected to the website
Ending word
So, what do you think?Shall I continue the project?Shall I make a Black 2 demake with the demixes I made?
I am open to any comments/suggestions/critism

Last edited:

catroZ

Years
What songs are implemented so far in the beta 1.5?
There you go:
Mistalton City theme
Route 11 theme
Striaton City
Route 1 theme
Accumula Town theme
Nuvema Town theme
Trainer battle music
Wild pokemon battle music
Castelia City theme

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Oh, wow. B/W Music huh? Keep it up.
I'll be testing this new beta later. You've already started the project, why ask if you should continue it? That shouldn't be ask. Because you must continue it! You already quit once, quitting again won't help. It's better if you start and have a good way to end it. Anyways, they are looped, right?

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Interesting patch, the thought of making a B/W music theme patch is great, since there are already HG/SS and D/P/Pt patches.

However, since you are open to criticism and suggestions, I will give you some. You *really* need to sort out your voicegroups, dude. I mean, some of the songs sound fine. But in some other songs, you can hear that 8-bit beep sound. This is because you have used the incorrect instrument for the voicegroup.

What I suggest you do is:
Open up your .midi in Anvil Studio and edit the instruments for each track to suit a certain voicegroup in FireRed.

You can look up the documents of voicegroups here. It's a really good document and tells you what voicegroups there are in FireRed, and what instruments they play. Some of the 8-bit beeping sounds might not only come from the instruments, but drum data as well. But changing drum data is a little bit trickier.

Anyways, I hope you can learn a bit from what I've said and improve on your demixes. As I said before, some of them sound good. But with a little bit of tweaking here and there, you can make them sound great.

If you need to PM me to ask anything, go right ahead. Or you could leave me VM. hope this helps.

Cheers.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=148811

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
So these are demixes, and not the actual BW instruments and all that? No MOD? No BENDR? None of that? Then it's a demake patch, not an actual music patch. Not criticizing, I just expected the wrong thing by the title of the thread.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Nacrene City and Floccesy Town will be in the next update, right? ;)

Anyways, keep at it. To clarify what gogo was saying, delete all of the unnecessary modulations from the midi files and add the BENDR command to the .s file for the tracks that have (a) pitch bend(s) in them.

Emerald gets no love :(

Last edited:

catroZ

Years
Anyways, they are looped, right?
That's right. They're all looped .

Nacrene City and Floccesy Town will be in the next update, right? ;)

Anyways, keep at it. To clarify what gogo was saying, delete all of the unnecessary modulations from the midi files and add the BENDR command to the .s file for the tracks that have (a) pitch bend(s) in them.

Emerald gets no love :(
Yup, these are 2 of the MANY other songs in the new beta.
What do you mean by modulations?And the freakin' BENDR command?
:?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
That's right. They're all looped .

Yup, these are 2 of the MANY other songs in the new beta.
What do you mean by modulations?And the freakin' BENDR command?
:?

Wow, umm there's so much to explain.
Plus, don't delete modulation like Jsziede here said, the BW/2 music needs a MODT 2 as in our project. Either way, you can PM me for info on music hacking since the entire HGSS patch is on the actual HGSS music.

catroZ

Years
This video is to prove that the project is still 'alive':

The themes 'shown' in this video are:
-Aspertia City theme(Final)
-Bicycle Theme(WIP, the final version shouldn't differ much from the WIP one).

catroZ

Years
Good news!
Beta 1.6 will be out tommorrow.
It will contain the following songs:
-All from Beta 1.5(some remixed,most noticeably Surfing music and Striaton City music, which sounds more or less the same as it does in Black/White!) ,and,
-Aspertia City theme
-Bicycle ride theme
-Juniper lab music

catroZ

Years
Update to beta 1.6!Beta 1.6.2 includes new titlebox and a(couple of) new demix(es).
Also, check out the new cool userbar!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2014
I think this cool but have you decided to but the rival encounter and battle themes for green/blue battles ?

Back