• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
NO WAI I HAS DODUO TOO!?
Current Team:
Lvl 19 Umadkipz/Marshtomp
Lvl 16 Slowpoke(Man this thing was hard to train, but when I managed to taught it Water Gun, It's easier to train now.) Will turn into a Slowking.
Lvl 15 Meowth(this one caught up with my team really fast.)
Lvl 16 Doduo
Yep. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)
I like said before, I started another file...But haven't made that much progress, as I'm still working on my hack, as well. So it might move along slowly...But I'm still playing this.

This is my team thus far, tho...
Lv 12 Mudkip (Starters always stays one step ahead)
Lv 11 Mareep
Lv 11 Doduo
Lv 5 Ledyba (I just caught it inside Petalburg Wood, not gonna keep it...It's just in my party right now)

I saw a Pineco, but it fainted to one Pursuit from Dodou; crit...I was trying to catch it. :\

Oh, by the way...Did you add extra rival battles with...Well, I'm gonna say Brendon in this case since I chose to be May (Aka Rinny LOL) in this game...or is the last battle still in Lilycove?

Years
I wonder when you finally edit all the problems in your hack so that I could finally play this awesome hack with ease... As i already deleted my previous game after seeing so many updates..

blue

gucci
Years
Hey Suicune, I've enjoyed this hack quite a lot since I'm the type of person that likes a challenge.

But, the one major gripe I have about Expert Emerald is that every gym battle (after Wattson) and the E4 are ALL double battles. I don't know if it's the same for the gym rematches since I haven't gotten that far, so I'm only basing this on what I see in the documentation.

I can understand that you wanted to present a different and more difficult challenge with the double battles, but personally, they just became unnecessarily annoying after a certain point.

I think I would've loved it if there were a few double battles sprinkled in with single battles, though, rather than just double battle after double battle.

I've been waiting for someone to say this, I understand what you mean because when I was playing through myself I also thought that I've done an over abundance of double battles and was considering making a few singles, I originally had Wattson as a double but changed it to single later on. I'm going to change all the Elite Four to Single battles considering for me it just suits them much better and I can make two or three of the gym leaders singles because I agree with you really.

I wonder when you finally edit all the problems in your hack so that I could finally play this awesome hack with ease... As i already deleted my previous game after seeing so many updates..

I'm sure it wont be long now, I've done enough possible updates to the game to make it as good as it can be and I don't really plan on adding anything else from here on out apart from editing a few battles here and there. I've got the rematches, events, scripts, legendaries, starters, documents, 386 Pokémon, items, features all implemented now and I think this project is about 98% complete, assuming nothing else comes up.

Infact, I think I'll make the next release the final, I've been editing all the fishing and water Routes because many of them were not edited and I'm going to get a couple more rival & Wally battles implemented then I will release 7.6 which will hopefully be the final.

Edit: I've decided not to implement any more Wally/rival battles purely because last time it corrupted scripts throughout the whole game and I wouldn't want to jeopardise that after coming so far with this one, atleast not until I have perfected it and besides the rematches for Wally go up to Level 100.
So that means the hopefully final release will be out shortly, I'm just editing all the fishing routes now to make all water Pokémon available by Rod too.

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
WELL I saw this project being born and are glad it's almost complete
Suicune immediately starts another project ..
who knows maybe on ruby xD

blue

gucci
Years
Beta 7.6
_________

I think this will be the final release excluding minor bug fixes, there is nothing else to add if anything else it would start to become an actual hack which is not what I intended to do with this game so I would like to leave it as it is for the time being, so for those of you who wished to play it once completed, now is your chance, enjoy!

Beta 7.6:
Changes ~ All water Pokémon available via Fishing Rod
Changed Flannery, Juan, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia & Drake to single battles.
Some document tweaks.

WELL I saw this project being born and are glad it's almost complete
Suicune immediately starts another project ..
who knows maybe on ruby xD

Thanks! Well I was planning on doing a similar project but with Platinum, hopefully if I get time too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Y'know, Slowpoke should learn some good moves early on, like Water Pulse and Psybeam. Also Persian, it should have Thunderbolt,Thunder,and Return as Level-Up moves. I like it if Meowth learns Return then evolves to Persian. I don't know if Persian has buffed stats, but I like it too if Persian's stats are buffed. Especially Atk and Sp.Atk. :)

blue

gucci
Years
Y'know, Slowpoke should learn some good moves early on, like Water Pulse and Psybeam. Also Persian, it should have Thunderbolt,Thunder,and Return as Level-Up moves. I like it if Meowth learns Return then evolves to Persian. I don't know if Persian has buffed stats, but I like it too if Persian's stats are buffed. Especially Atk and Sp.Atk. :)

Yeah, Persian & Delcatty both have stats around 500 now, I figured they're involved with the rivals so it's reasonable to increase them, I suppose I could edit their movesets but I won't be taking any more suggestions after that, not for now anyway ^^

Just realised, turns out that Persian & Delcatty both have Thunderbolt (Persian) and Ice Beam (Delcatty) in their level up moves (Level 44) and Persian can learn Thunder via TM, Delcatty Blizzard via TM.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Okayy so considering they were reasonable suggestions I've re uploaded Beta 7.6 and made the following move-set changes:

Slowpoke learns Confusion at Level 15, Disable at Level 26, Psybeam at Level 29 & Water Pulse at Level 31
Slowbro learns Ice Beam at Level 45
Slowking learns Ice Beam at Level 45
Meowth learns Return at Level 8
Skitty learns Return at Level 8

I won't be taking any more suggestions for the time being, although you're welcome to PM me them for a later date when I decide to edit them in if required.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2012
While fighting Glacia in that house in the Battle Frontier, upon winning my screen turns purple and the game freezes. Anything you could do about that?

EDIT: After many tries, managed to complete the battle without it freezing, but now a similar thing is happening with Drake. Instead of the screen turning purple, he blabs out an enormous string of seemingly neverending text and the fight doesn't end.

Last edited:

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
I was the one that originally requested the gym leaders (minus T&L) to become single battles, remember?

Also, still stuck on Roxanne with my Chansey/Blissey Solo. GAAAH.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
pokemonemerald.png

ok. THIS IS WEIRD. I entered the Winstrate house, then suddenly, I saw a Brendan Clone , and my character's hair turned blue. It doesn't mess up my game, it's just annoying...

Years
Hey PPL please stop complaining about minor things and let Suicune rest now as he has done an immense job and now needs a rest please because as I have decided to play this Final 7.6 beta, Ill die if another one comes out again after few days...

blue

gucci
Years
I was the one that originally requested the gym leaders (minus T&L) to become single battles, remember?

Also, still stuck on Roxanne with my Chansey/Blissey Solo. GAAAH.

Yeah, I remember it's been said previously ^^

pokemonemerald.png

ok. THIS IS WEIRD. I entered the Winstrate house, then suddenly, I saw a Brendan Clone , and my character's hair turned blue. It doesn't mess up my game, it's just annoying...

As long as it doesn't effect the game I'll leave it for now but thanks for letting me know.

Hey PPL please stop complaining about minor things and let Suicune rest now as he has done an immense job and now needs a rest please because as I have decided to play this Final 7.6 beta, Ill die if another one comes out again after few days...

Thanks! No need to worry, there will be no more releases for atleast a few weeks, no major updates anyway the only case I'd have to re-release if there was a huge game corrupting bug which luckily there isn't so you can play if you wish!

Suicune sure that there will be more beta?

There will be no more releases for some time.

Just wanna thank PEDRO12 for creating this awesome logo!

expert_emerald_2_by_pedro121-d4sxuwx.png

Last edited:

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Congrats on finishing your hack!

I was starting to get scared this would blossom into a full hack instead of a mod, so it's good to see that you stopped before that could happen. You stuck with it, so enjoy your rest.

Just please check every now and then for bug reports. It is an Emerald hack, after all. Cruel, unforgiving Emerald...

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
cool its so cool that u made the game simple and just added some new features making it harder but more enjoyable nice work and congratz for making the final release ^_^

blue

gucci
Years
Congrats on finishing your hack!

I was starting to get scared this would blossom into a full hack instead of a mod, so it's good to see that you stopped before that could happen. You stuck with it, so enjoy your rest.

Just please check every now and then for bug reports. It is an Emerald hack, after all. Cruel, unforgiving Emerald...

Don't worry, I'll be keeping on top of it all and thank you!

cool its so cool that u made the game simple and just added some new features making it harder but more enjoyable nice work and congratz for making the final release ^_^

Thanks very much, that was my original plan ^^

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
~ Important Update ~​

As unexpected as this is, I regret to say that you may have to delete your current game if you downloaded and patched with the latest release (Beta 7.6) I'm sure some of you will have noticed the dreaded Sound Corruption which I originally prevented from happening before starting this hack but some how it has got into the patch but this only happened during 7.6 which is typical considering this was supposed to be the final release. I have reverted back to Beta 7.5 as there is not much difference between the two and there is no Sound Corruption on 7.5, you may think Sound Corruption? that's no problem but many people have complained about it and after time you will start to notice it and it can become very irritating so I urge you to delete your game only IF you have patched with 7.6 and start again. This is unfortunate but it was something that I was not expecting and unable to control as I've just found out about it myself considering I've been kind of busy so for those of you who have made quite progress with the latest release, I apologise for this inconvinience. If you have an older version then by all means carry on with your game, patching over with this patch won't remove the sound corruption, you will need to delete and use a new Pokémon Emerald ROM.
However, this could just be my game if you notice no sound corruption on your game then play on as normal.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2014
i patched this with Lunar IPS and it's working perfectly(haven't encountered any error) on gPSP emulator for PSP.. thanks a lot for this wonderful hack.. i really appreciate it..

i picked mudkip as my starter pokemon, i was just wondering, aside from the mudkip starter i picked, is there any other mudkip available to catch or can be acquired through a certain event in the game?

Back