• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ORAS OU Team Building Competition (Go vote!)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
srinator won! Congrats.

Anti and I have decided on this new core:

UpliwvT.gif
XJdt8ft.gif

Good luck!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
lol it would be a Mega Pidgeot core

I shall get working on making another one of my crappy OU teams then

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
UpliwvT.gif
XJdt8ft.gif
642.gif
251.gif
530.gif
663.gif

Spoiler:

Mega Pidgeot and Garchomp form a good core that beats a large portion of the OU metagame.
Thundurus is here to destroy Lati@s, bulky waters and stop sweepers.
Celebi and Excadrill support the team with Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin.
Talonflame is the mid-game sweeper of the team, as well as a great lure to Rotom-W and Mega Gyarados, which otherwise are huge threats to this team.

Last edited:
Years

tkq4YP7.png

Spoiler:

Kind of a different take with a bulky team, Garchomp plus the FWG defensive core is there to take on a lot of the metagame. Slowbro was the first added since the core we were given doesn't like switching into Keldeo and is outright beaten by Charizard-X at +1. From there Tangrowth and Heatran were added to check other big threats in the game like Clefable, Gyarados, Bisharp, etc. Heatran is also nice for potentially allowing me to chip Rotom-W with burn or toxic so that Pidgeot can do more damage, same with Slowbro. I chose the Work Up set on Pidgeot, with enough speed for Tornadus-T as it's a cool balance breaker right now. CM Landorus was added as the teams final member and stallbreaker, it acts as an auxiliary to Pidgeot by weakening Rotom-W and taking advantage of Pokemon like Tyranitar that Pidgeot can't beat.​

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
idk here's some shitty screens+NP Pass thing I made:

UpliwvT.gif
XJdt8ft.gif
251.gif
707.png
380.png
keldeo-resolute-gif.39301

Spoiler: importable

BIRD JESUS (Pidgeot-Mega) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain

your car keys (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul Play
- Safeguard

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Earthquake

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
r u serious mega pidgeot
ill edit this later

Spoiler:

im so bad with ev spreads like 3 of these just feel weird to me :(

Last edited:

srinator

pidgeot-mega.gif
479-wash.gif
385.gif
151.gif
450.gif

Sets-
Spoiler:

Team building process-
Spoiler:

Anti

return of the king
Years
EDIT: I apologize for my insensitivity. I have decided to include a TRIGGER WARNING for users Archer99 and static. I'm happy to have a prayer circle with you guys or something.

LET'S GET TO IT:

pidgeot-mega.gif

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

wow, shout-outs to mega pidgeot. some call him bird Jesus, but i think most of u know him as ur worst nightmare. bow down to the lord himself, for only one mega pokemon is worthy of our lord and savior's name, and here he is in all his glory. just click hurricane the rest doesn't matter. i would have gone with work up or something but hey, i just took this straight out of the mega pidgeot all-stars. have you ever heard the saying "if it aint broke don't fix it"? bingo welcome to this pidgeot set. i even have uturn for #momentum even though hurricane is all the momentum you need, especially when you bs through someone with the confusion chance LOL. truly a legend pokemon, few trainers exhibit the mastery needed to click its stab move and bulldoze through the various hyper offense builds on our server that don't prep for it despite its majesty. i love you mega pidgeot, even more thank drunk gloom.

garchomp.gif

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

decided to go really aggressive with the chomp to get some early damage. it blows the doors down on clefable:

252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 226-266 (57.3 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

i've had trouble with the last moveslot. swords dance puts a ton of pressure on the opponent and can break down defensive cores (a lot of slow builds built around stopping stuff like m-meta aren't super well equipped to take lo sd boosted stab attacks) but fire blast has more utility against hazard-setting steel-types and chesnaught. without spin/defog support, i opted for the latter.

keldeo-resolute.gif

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

simply amazing offensive synergy with pidgeot, even though it opens up the manectric weakness a bit. tyranitar and heatran want nothing to do with this thing and it can easily weaken rotom-w into pidgeot kill range. it also puts pressure on chansey. i can't say i'm thrilled that this is my main stall breaker but hey, with bisharp and chomp/pidg it can tag-team some stuff. went for specs because the immediate power is rly nice and having used submind a lot, i feel like the metagame has adapted to it pretty well and its inability to hit hard until boosted can make it a liability in certain match-ups. :/

clefable.gif

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled

idk wtf this is tbh but i use clef on like, all of my teams lol. i opted for a bit of a glue build here where it acts as a decent stop to physical attackers. was insanely talon weak and this lures it well, though tbolt's utility is pretty barren outside of that. status absorption is rly nice and can at least absorb non choice locked volt switches without dying in three seconds. :(

celebi.gif

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

eh these last two slots suck and i'll change them if i have time, but i noticed weaknesses to diancie/m-bro/manaphy (really the usual suspects for the types of teams i like running) and also needed another ground immune/resist so i tossed this guy on. thunder wave is as an emergency stop against a few things i'm pretty poorly prepared for (can maim a torn-t or m-meta or w/e) though idk i might go with a nastypass since keld and pidg would love that!

bisharp.gif

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

mostly just here to provide added offensive pressure vs. stall/semistall while acting as further protection from the latis. also checks clefable who i am pretty weak to haha. i'll make these last couple slots more efficient if i don't run out of time.

but let's be real. you're not here to see some bulky offense squad i threw together. i have better entries for this competition.

for the uu ladder race, i made some insanely stall weak voltturn (literally no wallbreakers LOL) that went 15-0 before i stopped playing since i had locked up the #1 seed. (btw will get around to my match vs. elf in that eventually LOL #kingjohn) anyway, once raikou and jirachi rose to ou i needed a new squad. turns out this is a terrible uu team but it has revolutionized the ou metagame with innovations like "anti as its user" and "mega pidgeot." so BEHOLD THE MEGA PIDGEOT ALL-STARS:

slurpuff.gif

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Return

pidgeot-mega.gif

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

donphan.gif

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 60 Atk / 200 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

snorlax.gif

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 160 HP / 112 Atk / 96 Def / 140 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rest

suicune.gif

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Calm Mind

entei.gif

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Flare Blitz

mega pidgeot is awesome. the rest doesn't matter.

no garchomp? yeah whatever pidg has beaten too many of those to care for your petty restrictions.

don't believe me? as per the request in the op, i shall provide replays exhibiting this team's greatness:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-137350: idk what i was doin on t1 LOL but it all worked out, sun/sand core? pffft np
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-145327: another weatherman gets the forecast wrong vs. pidg master
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ubers-149765: april fools
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-150921: pidgeot cares not for ur thunderbolts LOL

plus like 7459836 replays vs. oddEEsh but hey who's counting :oddish:

after many sleepless nights, i realized that i needed a new gimmick to further annoy my fellow server patrons. i present to you a rebranding of the original:

feraligatr.gif

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Agility

pidgeot-mega.gif

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

hydreigon.gif

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

shaymin.gif

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Psychic
- Leech Seed
- Healing Wish

swampert.gif

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Ice Beam

bronzong.gif

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hypnosis
- Trick

some hilarious gimmicks on this squad, hw shaymin gets 'em every time and the bronzong makes me weep tears of joy.

i have even more replays showcasing the devilish nature of this squad:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-154886: oof
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-154779: pidgeot gets 5 kills man what a legend
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-147996: a rare defeat and some possible chokin' down the stretch but yolo. even the great d_a is pushed to the brink
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-145879: ROFL

wow, i am but a mere peasant compared to m-pidg ^_^

SO, i enter all three teams into this competition. while the final two are ineligible, i hope you consider their impact on the metagame and admire their presence and their creator.

furthermore, consider this post a FINAL TEAM RETIREMENT of the mega pidgeot allstars, both v1 and v2. they have served me well, and they shall be missed. may pidgeot rest in peace...

Wju4miv.jpg

...until, like Jesus/a pheonix rising from its own ashes, it comes again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and its kingdom shall have no end.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Anti you forgot to include the replay where I beat the UU version

Why're you retiring the teams already though?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
YES SORRY. I've been pushing this off so I could complete my team. :x Give me a moment.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Time to vote.

Post the username of your preferred winner, along with a reason why (optional). Please read the criteria:

When voting, consider the criteria that the panel will be using: viability (is the team good?), creativity (does it stray from standard builds?), and synergy (is there evidence of thoughtful team building?).

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
omfg......wolf x)

i vote for....anti's uu team...

srinator

i shall vote for anti

Last edited:
Back